The Time Extend Podcast

• Thread starter Brend
  • 136 comments
If this is something that is requested we’ll definitely look into it - we weren’t sure how many people actually use YouTube for podcasts when other options are available. 👍

I use because when I'm going to sleep I turn on yt on ps4 and am listening to it xd
It is not a problem if you don't want to, on YouTube are a lot of podcasts. This particular topic of the podcast had interested me, so I asked.

I'll try maybe with spotify, haven't use it so far. How can I find these podcasts? Sorry I'm noob with all these platforms.

I use because when I'm going to sleep I turn on yt on ps4 and am listening to it xd
It is not a problem if you don't want to, on YouTube are a lot of podcasts. This particular topic of the podcast had interested me, so I asked.

I'll try maybe with spotify, haven't use it so far. How can I find these podcasts? Sorry I'm noob with all these platforms.
It’s no problem! Simply type in “Time Extend” on spotify and we will be one of the first options...
B7A4BD49-6490-4389-B58C-E5468E8599E3.jpeg

Great read, man! That car is something special isn't it? Never something I would ever expect to see in my lifetime, and there it was in the middle of the show floor. And the hundreds of thousands of people that walked past it all week probably had no idea how special it was.

Glad you liked it! I’d write more often but I don’t have the free time anymore and Oppo doesn’t have the exposure it used to. And I don’t do it for a living.

Another good episode, I hope Sega keeps rolling out classics. Licensing does make things tough, and keeping old content stuck in legal limbo does drive people towards, um... ‘alternative’ means of access. I’d happily pay money for a Sega Ages 90s Racing Pack: Daytona, Sega Rally, and Scud Race. If only Sega was listening...

Glad you liked it! I’d write more often but I don’t have the free time anymore and Oppo doesn’t have the exposure it used to. And I don’t do it for a living.

Another good episode, I hope Sega keeps rolling out classics. Licensing does make things tough, and keeping old content stuck in legal limbo does drive people towards, um... ‘alternative’ means of access. I’d happily pay money for a Sega Ages 90s Racing Pack: Daytona, Sega Rally, and Scud Race. If only Sega was listening...
I mean the positive is that SEGA are listening in regards to the AGES series so all hope is not lost. Just got to get over this licensing kink but as I said on the pod, I’ll take a SEGA Rally port with a fake roster if necessary.

To celebrate the first podcast to reach 400 soundcloud listens (congrats @Jordan on being the guest :D ) and exceeding 100 followers on Twitter - we’re running a unique little competition to win a pretty cool GT4 demo disc that had a limited release.

Podcast 20 is live! Team Sonic Racing and the new GRID reboot get top billing this time around.

It’s tough to not talk about Sega racers, isn’t it? I was wondering when Grid was going to pop up, but I was perfectly fine listening about Sega. I too loved Transformed, wish it was 60fps though. And free of Danica. I think someone should hack Danica out for Ricky Bobby, and every time he changes to airplane mode he says “I’m flyin’ through the air, this is not good.”

Volume between you two is now perfect, but for some reason it buzzes slightly when Brend talks. I thought my air conditioning was kicking on and off in my Focus. If that’s a byproduct of turning his volume up, don’t worry about it because I’d rather hear him and deal with a little buzz than not hear him.

It’s tough to not talk about Sega racers, isn’t it? I was wondering when Grid was going to pop up, but I was perfectly fine listening about Sega. I too loved Transformed, wish it was 60fps though. And free of Danica. I think someone should hack Danica out for Ricky Bobby, and every time he changes to airplane mode he says “I’m flyin’ through the air, this is not good.”

Volume between you two is now perfect, but for some reason it buzzes slightly when Brend talks. I thought my air conditioning was kicking on and off in my Focus. If that’s a byproduct of turning his volume up, don’t worry about it because I’d rather hear him and deal with a little buzz than not hear him.
That’s a problem on my end ha! I have my PC on my table and the vibrations were going thorough the mic. Will be fixed in upcoming pods. :)

We’ve got a new pod to record this week on Assetto Corsa Competizione so its going to be SEGA free. :D 2 pods in 2 weeks as June is going to be incredibly busy for both of us.

We knew the long Sonic discussion might be a bit niche for the GTP audience, but then we knew the next show would be all about Assetto Corsa Competizione, so it will all even out in the end ;)

As Brend says, the quick turnaround is owing to the fact that we won't be able to record for most of June, but after that we have a ton of ideas planned. We're definitely getting some GTP writers on to bicker over which Gran Turismo is the best, and there's a Sega Racing System kicking around in there that I'm excited about, some new guests, and a series about 7/10 racers that should finally get us chatting about the likes of Auto Modellista and Enthusia. Going to be a fun summer, and then once it's over, Grid will be out! :embarrassed:

BONUS ROUND! We have another new episode for everyone - this time focused on Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Very nice concept and program, very entertaining, wrong sound setup in my opinion. I used to do radio, it's not easy to find to right configuration. Also, the background music just doesn't help, it has too many variations and is slightly too loud. But maybe is just me.
It's very refreshing to have a stable show about simracing, loving it.

Very nice concept and program, very entertaining, wrong sound setup in my opinion. I used to do radio, it's not easy to find to right configuration. Also, the background music just doesn't help, it has too many variations and is slightly too loud. But maybe is just me.
It's very refreshing to have a stable show about simracing, loving it.
Hi Kano, thanks for the feedback mate. 👍

We’ve actually been craving a bit of critical feedback recently so curious on the sound configuration front about what you think doesnt work? Is it simply the background music? I’ve recently purchased a much better microphone and adjusted my recording environment so going forward quality will be increased, which is exciting.

Glad you’re loving the show, we’ve had our listenership increase quite a bit recently and we’d love to continue this upwards trend. :)

The show is great, I could hear it for hours. The sound is strange, it might be the filters you use + the compression. That is the key really.
Also the hardware, in my laptop the sound is bad, in my mobile the sound is a bit better (that is definitely my end) but platforms like sound cloud and youtube will compress even more what is already compressed. I would check the filters and the output compression. Perhaps upload a larger file with less compression.

Now, the production itself. In the final mix one mic is louder than the other, the music choice is interesting, I understand why you are using music, and I get why that one in particular :bowdown: but introduces :cheers: to0:confused: many :dunce:elements:D that can:gtpflag:saturate:idea: the :Pmesage:lol:

You get the idea. I always used music in background, if it was my choice I would use some of the songs available in GT SPort, simply because they are more linear. For instance "I like london in the rain" has too many variations, but this one "Blue Fenix" by Channel U is more lineal. Achieves the effect of "hiding the silence" but does not add too many "peaks" to your wave sound.

We used to interview journalists all over Europe and I remember we expended more time in the post production than in the production itself. One hour show required about 3 hours of post production. When you sit with someone who knows what he is talking about, you just 'let him do the show', that part is actually easy. The hard bit is to find a sound configuration that works in any platform. The less elements in the soundwave, the better, imo. Your sound (as clean as possible), his sound (as clean as possible) and soft-linear background music.

Or maybe is me just being picky :D
I love the show anyways. Sure you can get half of the Nurburgring finalist to talk about sim racing.

We’re currently running a WipEout poll that TOTALLY isn’t related to the next episode. Of course not...

Part 1 of our WipEout ranking series is live. This episode focuses on WipEout Fusion, 2048 and the first game in the series.

Big fan of the Wipeout series though I only owned 2 games. I'm undergoing a little project as a tribute to the series via GT Sport, check me out -Meggido12-

Out of any racing game it was actually WipEout that really got me into motorsports in the first place. Been playing since Pure.

You guys make me wish I started with Wipeout earlier. I had no idea about Designers Republic or anything. Knew there was something special going on behind the scenes, but had no idea how special it was.

I was always in the F-Zero camp of anti-gravity racers and then I got a PSP and Wipeout Pure. I used to love it just for the intro video and the UI, and the racing was great. Then Sony got in trouble for being hacked and as an apology they let users download certain games for free. One of those games was Wipeout HD Fury and I was like “okay, I’ll give it a try”...

...Oh...
...My...
...GOD.

60 frames per second of 1080p jet racing bliss hit me in the face while the bass from my subwoofer shook the basement with a soundtrack from a time well beyond ours. I loved all the modes, Detonator could be its own game. But I poured hours into Zone, trying to reach Zone Zues on Syncopia (I’ve gotten to the low 70s but any faster and I can’t see straight). Brend, I sadly did not play much online, but I can say I greatly appreciate this game. And much like being a Ridge Racer fan, being a Wipeout fan in 2019 is difficult.

Fun fact, anytime I saw the slogan “the Auricom way”, I always read it in a Texas accent. Especially if you thought about it as “there’s the right way, the wrong way... and the Auricom way.”

This was an incredibly fun episode! Thanks, @Jordan, @Famine and @SlipZtrEm

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm only partway through it as I'm listening to it in the car.

Oh, and GT3 was the best. GT2 and GT4 were just too bloated, and GT2's rubber banding seemed to be the worst throughout all the games.

However, my main issue with GT2 was that I couldn't use a wheel with it. By that time, I was using a wheel on PC since about 1995/6 when Grand Prix 2 came out. It just felt wrong to have to go back to a controller. By GT3, I was able to use my MOMO Force and it was just amazing.

GT2 is the best. The end. GT3 and GT4 are good but they are good because of GT2. I get the wheel vs pad thing but as a game GT2 nails it.

All three of them are better than 5,6 and GTS.

Back