The Trump Impeachment Thread

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 2,103 comments

Will the current Articles of Impeachment ever be sent from the House to the Senate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the senate we have, they pretty much just gave him license to do whatever he wants without reprisal. I feel the US is at a very dangerous crossroads amd the path we are going to go down isnt easily predicted.

I think the danger largely depends on whether he's re-elected. There's probably a limited amount of damage he can do in a year while he's also campaigning for re-election. If he gets four more years with the solid knowledge that he can do basically anything without reprisals then I guess we'll see which goes first, his passion for corruption or Republicans loyalty to party over country.

I think the danger largely depends on whether he's re-elected. There's probably a limited amount of damage he can do in a year while he's also campaigning for re-election. If he gets four more years with the solid knowledge that he can do basically anything without reprisals then I guess we'll see which goes first, his passion for corruption or Republicans loyalty to party over country.
There appears to be a large and increasing chance of his reelection.
The question is the control of the House and Senate determined in the November elections.

Also in question is the use of executive orders regarding borders, travel and quarantine justified by the declared national health emergency

Last edited:
On GTP, posting personally identifying information is against the rules because it can incite brigading and other harassment. On Reddit, the biggest forum on the internet, it’s also against the rules for the same reasons. Throughout society in general, posting personal information with the intent to expose and harass is seen as wrong and there are rules against it.

But not on Fox News. Fox News and Trump supporters believe that harassment of those who don’t agree with them is a good thing. They did it on Reddit and got their sub quarantined. But at Fox, where there are no rules of decency, they do it in front of millions of people. Committing the crime of jury tampering is something that Trump supporters celebrate.

On GTP, posting personally identifying information is against the rules because it can incite brigading and other harassment. On Reddit, the biggest forum on the internet, it’s also against the rules for the same reasons. Throughout society in general, posting personal information with the intent to expose and harass is seen as wrong and there are rules against it.

But not on Fox News. Fox News and Trump supporters believe that harassment of those who don’t agree with them is a good thing. They did it on Reddit and got their sub quarantined. But at Fox, where there are no rules of decency, they do it in front of millions of people. Committing the crime of jury tampering is something that Trump supporters celebrate.

Welcome to Trump country. I feel like I am living in the same world Marty MCfly was when he went back into the alternate future in Back to the Future 2.

.... you dont even live here.... are you saying your countries politics and society are in a state similar to the US's?

Fair enough. But we get influenced by US politics very much. It isnt a coincidence that domestic far right politics has been receiving much more popularity since Trump won the US election.

Fair enough. But we get influenced by US politics very much. It isnt a coincidence that domestic far right politics has been receiving much more popularity since Trump won the US election.
Sure, he bolstered the voices if those generally drowned out by the majority. But Trump isnt the cause of the right wing. That's been growing since likely the Nixon administration. I would like to say mirroring US politics also is t really our fault. But, we are highly interventional and is very likely at least in no small part our fault. At least on the governement level. Not really our fault if your citizenry are following suit though. As an american, I really suggest not following in our foot steps.

Sure, he bolstered the voices if those generally drowned out by the majority. But Trump isnt the cause of the right wing. That's been growing since likely the Nixon administration. I would like to say mirroring US politics also is t really our fault. But, we are highly interventional and is very likely at least in no small part our fault. At least on the governement level. Not really our fault if your citizenry are following suit though. As an american, I really suggest not following in our foot steps.

The most recent impeachment Trial has emboldened him even more. He was acquitted by many republicans claiming he learned his lesson. I blame them for putting party loyalty above their morals.

We are not following in US footsteps. It is the rightwing supporters that gets emboldened by succeses like Trump and therefore also want a leader similar to him. I am happy we live in a multi partysystem and makes it difficult for any government to move to any extreme. (albeit left or right)

The most recent impeachment Trial has emboldened him even more. He was acquitted by many republicans claiming he learned his lesson. I blame them for putting party loyalty above their morals.

We are not following in US footsteps. It is the rightwing supporters that gets emboldened by succeses like Trump and therefore also want a leader similar to him. I am happy we live in a multi partysystem and makes it difficult for any government to move to any extreme. (albeit left or right)
If your complaining about the rise of right wing conservativism in your country, then is it wrong to say at least some of your citizens are actually following the US example?
Or, where you again asserting yourself into something your not actually apart of when you said:

If your complaining about the rise of right wing conservativism in your country, then is it wrong to say at least some of your citizens are actually following the US example?
Or, where you again asserting yourself into something your not actually apart of when you said:
I am not complaining actually about my own country. I am more worried about my american neighbours then my own country. I am truly worried having such a person as the leader of your country.

I think there was a misunderstanding about my reference to BTTF 2. I meant it becoming reality, but not in my own country but in the USA.

I am not complaining actually. I am more worried about the american neighbours then my own country actually.
Ok, fine, but, you do realize that first you inserted yourself into a hypothetical **** show america that your not actually a part of, then did actually complain about the effects our politics are having on your country.... while simultaneously saying that we aren't having an affect and that your not conplaining... right? So you can forgive me perhaps when I say your last post seems just a shade disingenuous.

Ok, fine, but, you do realize that first you inserted yourself into a hypothetical **** show america that your not actually a part of, then did actually complain about the effects our politics are having on your country.... while simultaneously saying that we aren't having an affect and that your not conplaining... right? So you can forgive me perhaps when I say your last post seems just a shade disingenuous.

Which post are you referring to? I dont understand what you mean by a shade of disingenuous. I think I am overlooking something here.

I'm revitalizing and re-naming the moribund Trump impeachment thread in order to provide an essential place to complain and worry about the loose cannon in the White House.

My favorite definition of nihilism: extreme skepticism maintaining that nothing in the world has a real existence.

However, gleeful though I may often be, I am not a nihilist of any kind. I believe that purpose and meaning exist. I believe that consciousness exists, and may even be the source of the physical reality that exists.

Pelosi has recently complained that Trump is "morbidly obese". True that! Maybe he will succumb to virus or untested drugs. I'm okay with that. Maybe he will be defeated at the next election? I don't see how he can possibly win with economy in real depression and 100,000+ dead from virus.

@Liquid

He can't be avoided in the America thread, or really any other. His presence is looming, massive, HUGE! But hopefully this thread will take some of the load off the moderation to keep the other threads more on topic.

C'mon, tell us how you really feel about the Mango Monster!

Last edited:
I don't see how he can possibly win with economy in real depression and 100,000+ dead from virus.
I can. Easily. First there are the die-hard supporters who will vote for him no matter what, then there are all the average fools that are dumber than rocks and believe all his fancy words about greatness, and then... well actually that's enough to put him in the office for another four years. It sounds completely inconceivable but I'm still pretty certain it'll happen. Never underestimate the average fools.

I can. Easily. First there are the die-hard supporters who will vote for him no matter what, then there are all the average fools that are dumber than rocks and believe all his fancy words about greatness, and then... well actually that's enough to put him in the office for another four years. It sounds completely inconceivable but I'm still pretty certain it'll happen. Never underestimate the average fools.

As long as he's alive and in office he's dangerous as a rattlesnake. He may do stuff to invalidate the election and then declare himself incumbent as the pieces are picked up. It will then be vital to have the clear-thinking and well-spoken Biden to oppose him at every turn. :rolleyes:
Seriously people, let's get Gavin Newsom or somebody who's not brain dead.

Purpose being basking in the despair and disappointment of other people? Sure I believe that. Trump is your dreamboat!
I provide catharsis and relief from despair and disappointment, a port in the storm. Please deposit a quarter in the slot at the bottom of the page.

But yes, Trump's megalomania is of cosmic proportions. Like God, Santa Claus or the Dark Prince, he sees you when you're sleeping, knows when you're awake, knows if you've been bad or good!

Can we just call it Dotini's gleeful nihilism thread?

Nice original title, but a bit too obscure for anyone else to understand.

C'mon, tell us how you really feel about the Mango Monster!

This thread is going to be the punching bag that will relieve us of our frustrations.

I can subscribe to this.... Thanks !

But, it's an insult to Mangos everywhere... Man I love mangos and I don't want mango to be associated to him. Lol

Last edited:
Nice original title, but a bit too obscure for anyone else to understand.

This thread is going to be the punching bag that will relieve us of our frustrations.

I can subscribe to this.... Thanks !

But, it's an insult to Mangos everywhere... Man I love mangos and I don't want mango to be associated to him. Lol

I agree, Mango Monster or Mango Mussolini is too nice. We need another epithet. I propose a contest!

My nomination: The Beast of Gotham

Back