The Trump Impeachment Thread

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 2,103 comments

Will the current Articles of Impeachment ever be sent from the House to the Senate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edit:

I really want to know what Mitch McConnell's deal is. I read his wikipedia bio and a few things surprised me. He was engaged to some degree with the civil rights movement (even attending the I have a dream speech!) in the 1960s and even early on in his senate career he was pretty moderate - he supported abortion and unions for instance. By the time the Clinton presidency rolled around he was pretty much the Mitch we know today. Funny, he voted to convict Bill Clinton for lying about fooling around with an intern and didn't vote convict Trump for being, in his own words, responsible for an attempt to overthrow or damage the entire US congress and assassinate the vice president.
One wonders if a dive into his donor records might shed some light on his turn.

Last edited:
This is fun.

Pennsylvania GOP committee members held a vote yesterday over censuring Sen. Pat Toomey for his vote to impeach Trump, but the effort to formally rebuke the Republican senator fell short.

This is where things get interesting.

“There are going to be more pissed off Republicans now,” said Mike McMullen, a GOP committeeman from Allegheny County who favored a censure.

He pointed out that Trump himself on Sunday called out Republicans who voted to convict, and scoffed at the idea of the state party focusing on Democrats.

“He’s the leader of the Republican Party, like it [or] not,” McMullen said. While the online vote was private, McMullen said he would seek a roll call vote and look to 2022 party elections to target committee members who opposed censure. “There’s a group out there, and we’re coming after your ass,” he said.

He blamed Southeastern Pennsylvania Republicans for scuttling the censure push.

It's entirely predictable that those people who referred to his multiple impeachments as witch-hunts are now breaking out the pitchforks, (tiki-)torches and long knives themselves.

Back