The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X and XBox One

G27 is plenty compatible with an adapter...
Looked into that after a friend made the upgrade, but didn't seem worth the hassle for old equipment. Sure, I could have saved a good chunk of dough.... But I'm ready for an upgrade as the g27 tech is a bit long in the tooth.

....the t300rs will probably break after a few uses....

Should I get the thrusmaster tmx because it’s the newist model for Xbox released in 2016. Or is the thrusmaster tx or Servo base and f1 wheel better then buy the pedals separate. Or is the g920 better then thrusmaster tx or tmx. From what I have been reading so far thrusmaster is the way to go but which way. But tmx is newer then tx

Should I get the thrusmaster tmx because it’s the newist model for Xbox released in 2016. Or is the thrusmaster tx or Servo base and f1 wheel better then buy the pedals separate. Or is the g920 better then thrusmaster tx or tmx. From what I have been reading so far thrusmaster is the way to go but which way. But tmx is newer then tx
TX is better than TMX and G920, but the reliability of the TX is questionable. TMX and G920 are entry level wheels, decent Force Feedback but nothing special. If you can afford it buy TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Competition Mod.

I just got the g920 and next level racing stand. It’s amazign. I love assetto corsa and project cars 2 and f1 on it for Xbox. Forza horizon 4 is great to but forza 7. I deleted and won’t play anymore more because the others are so much better.

I got the g920 Logitech wheel and pedals. But i want an f1 wheel. does the Logitech pedals work with thrusmaster wheels?
Yep.

You just need to get the adapter

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/db9-pedals-trj12-adapter

It also increases the resolution of the pedals:

"Once connected to the Thrustmaster® racing wheel, the resolution of your DB9-type pedal set increases from 8-bit (255 values) to 10-bit (1024 values) on each of the 3 pedals (gas/brake/clutch)"

Last edited:
Yep.

You just need to get the adapter

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/db9-pedals-trj12-adapter

It also increases the resolution of the pedals:

"Once connected to the Thrustmaster® racing wheel, the resolution of your DB9-type pedal set increases from 8-bit (255 values) to 10-bit (1024 values) on each of the 3 pedals (gas/brake/clutch)"

Thanks. This is amazing.
I’m so excited I don’t have replace the pedals.

What do you mean increase resolution? I’m going to get this adapter today and later the thrustmaster racing wheel servo base for Xbox and the thrusmaster f1 wheel. And replace my wheel. Yippy.

Thanks. This is amazing.
I’m so excited I don’t have replace the pedals.

What do you mean increase resolution? I’m going to get this adapter today and later the thrustmaster racing wheel servo base for Xbox and the thrusmaster f1 wheel. And replace my wheel. Yippy.
The Logitech pedals when plugged into a G-series wheelbase as standard are 8-bit, so they detect movement in 255 'steps' as you depress the pedals, Thrustmaster wheelbases can detect a greater resolution from pedals, 10-bit on the current wheelbases, which means they detect the same range of movement from the pedals in 1024 'steps'.

This allows for significantly more control over your pedals, with braking and throttle being the main ones to benefit, its gives you better modulation, better throttle control and overall makes driving a lot more enjoyable.

To put that 255 vs. 1024 steps into perspective...

The throttle and brake pedals on a G2x pedal set (a G25 used for measuring) have roughly 55 mm of travel measured from the pedal tip. In other words one increment on a 8 bit system is a tad over 0,2 mm and on a 10 bit system a tad over 0,05 mm. Or to turn it around, the movement of 1 mm is roughly 4,6 increments on a 8 bit system and 18,6 increments on a 10 bit system.

More accurate? Absolutely. Making a noticable difference? Only in case you can make controlled movements smaller than 0,2 mm.

Whatever it does I’m updating this summer or by Father’s Day. I’m Replacing my Logitech wheel with the thrustmaster Ferrari f1 wheel. But keeping my Logitech pedals

I currently have a G29, I want to upgrade but I also don’t want to spend thousands. Would the T300 RS GT edition be a good choice? Or should I just wait for a black Friday deal on the TGT? I’m in no rush to upgrade.

It’s on sale for $700 CDN on Amazon atm, the normal price is $1099. I think it would drop to 500 or 600 on black friday.

Last edited:
I currently have a G29, I want to upgrade but I also don’t want to spend thousands. Would the T300 RS GT be a good choice? Or should I just wait for a black Friday deal on the TGT? I’m in no rush to upgrade.

It’s on sale for $700 CDN on Amazon atm, the normal price is $1099. I think it would drop to 500 or 600 on black friday.
I would wait to see what new wheels will come out next year.

I built a google sheet compatibility matrix HERE. I need help filling out some info for the older consoles (assuming anyone cares?).

EDIT: Updated PS5 & XBOX-X compatibility.

Jerome

Last edited:
I currently have a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 wheel mounted on a Playseat Challenge. I've been using this for nearly 3 years.

On a side note, I'm amazed how sturdy the Playseat has been.

To my questions:

I would like to upgrade my wheel to one with more buttons/dials for easier in game adjustments.

I was thinking to finally look into DD wheels. However, I was told by Dom, at Fanatec, that a DD wheel is too big/heavy for the Playseat.

Is there something similarly portable like the Playseat that can handle a DD wheel?

Also, is a DD wheel for me if I'm not competing in tournaments online? I'm not very fast but I love to race and I've been fortunate to connect with a great group of racers online.

Thank you

@slthree
I’ve had a CSL elite with P1 wheel for two years. I recently upgraded to the podium F1 DD1.
I would like to upgrade my wheel to one with more buttons/dials for easier in game adjustments.”
Assuming you have a P1 wheel, you’re not going to get any more [useful] buttons.
Yes, DD1 needs a solid rig. It does not require that you be racer1. I got mine for the enjoyment factor and to run bigger steering wheels. (it’s a mystery to me why so few use 35 cm or 38 cm, using these has re-energized sim racing for me after 2 years of contentment with the tiny P1). Truth be told, after a couple weeks with the direct drive, I would recommend that you consider staying with the CSL elite. Use the money instead for a clubsport hub and whatever wheel you desire.

Last edited:
I would like to upgrade my wheel to one with more buttons/dials for easier in game adjustments.

keep the Elite wheel base, get a new wheel - if you want a lot more buttons, the Formula V2 is pretty much the only option.

I’ve got the 918RSR & love it, but it doesn’t have thumb encoders or anything (not that GT Sport or Dirt supports them anyway)

First, thank you both for replying with thoughtful explanation. I appreciate it, as all of my sim racing knowledge comes from this site.

Use the money instead for a clubsport hub and whatever wheel you desire

Does the hub replace the CSL Elite wheelbase? I'm sorry if that's a stupid question but I don't know what a hub is.

if you want a lot more buttons, the Formula V2 is pretty much the only option

I mostly play PC2. Would it support extra buttons if you know?

First, thank you both for replying with thoughtful explanation. I appreciate it, as all of my sim racing knowledge comes from this site.

Does the hub replace the CSL Elite wheelbase? I'm sorry if that's a stupid question but I don't know what a hub is.

I mostly play PC2. Would it support extra buttons if you know?
Search clubsport hub on Fanatec site. Add one of their steering wheels or any aftermarket one (plenty on eBay).
2C7EBED3-5A69-4F90-9E90-8019013DB708.jpeg

As of Monday, November 30, 17:00 CT:
2B5DFAED-27AC-447C-9561-D47895DDEEC7.jpeg

PC2 is really good for allowing you to program buttons. Add a keyboard and you can map to your hearts content!

Last edited:
Is there a way to connect a wheel wireless? I have a t300rs gt. is there any wireless adapter in order to have the wheel away from the console?

Is there a way to connect a wheel wireless? I have a t300rs gt. is there any wireless adapter in order to have the wheel away from the console?
If you want your wheel away from your console, just buy a USB extension cable.

Last edited:
I already have a usb extention, but with the kids running around its difficult. Thats why i asked for a wireless solution.
Try a roll up carpet like in this picture below I have my cables under the carpet to the TV so the dog & kids can not walk allover the cables.
20210213_091638.jpg

Back