The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X and XBox One

I really wanted a G27 but since Logitech discontinued it, I changed my mind. Sucks because I still haven't decided yet for the new pick.

Anyone know where could I find one of these wheels? :confused:

I really wanted a G27 but since Logitech discontinued it, I changed my mind. Sucks because I still haven't decided yet for the new pick.

Anyone know where could I find one of these wheels? :confused:

It really depends which platform you're mostly playing on and what budget you have. I still know people who just bought G27 because they're starting out and don't want to spend too much with a PC already at home, they wanted a package with stick shifter etc. Personally, if I'm starting out and want a wheel for PS3/PS4/PC, I'll go with Thrustmaster T300RS.

Seeing that you're from the US, Amazon links are in the original post on page 1. Just follow the links to check out their prices for now but whatever wheel you decide to get, just wait til Black Friday sales.

So ive got a £330 ISH budget, and I'm looking at the G27. T500 RS, or the T300.. This is all i have seen so far, and as far as I'm aware, minus fanatecs clubsport, these are the best.
The Differences i see, from a new person to racing Sims, is the fact the T300 has 2 pedals where as the T500 and G27 have 3. I'm 15 and live in the UK, so i don't drive, but I'm quite knowledgeable and I'm not stupid, so i know I can handle sim racing if i put the time into it... Ive also done a few races with an Xbox 360 Controller and I have to say it feels really nice still, but im just not getting the full experience!

I will be needing to buy a year subscription aswell if i do buy the wheel, so that is £32, so call it £300.
I will be getting money off family for Christmas, so I can possibly stick a bit extra down IF NEEDS MUST but id prefer not too as i will be wanting other games, but id quite happily just purchase the iRacing subscription out of that money rather than my wheel money...

Basically here is my Point of view, the G27 is £190 and the T500 is £310 and the T300 is £300, so the T300 seems like a pointless buy really.

Ive got about a million questions to ask, but im sure by what ive wrote above, you can get a rough idea im not aware of any Major differences between them all, and what they all bring to the table, and whether the T500 RS is really worth £120 more than the G27??

That basically is the whole point in this post, but i thought id stick the T300 in for good measure.

Just let me know your thoughts, and if you have any recommendations that i havent thought of, just let me know!

Also, my pc is very capable of running iRacing with ease as its very high end!

Thanks in advance, Jake

Perhaps the original post would be helpful. Have you consider Thrustmaster TX since I assume you'll only be using on PC?

Just bare in mind that you'd probably be investing alternative pedals than stock for both TX and T300RS.

The trouble with your poll is that so many wheels can be recommended under specific circumstances :)

I own 4 wheels at the moment, and each fills a particular niche:
  • I recommend the Logitech DFGT for new PS3 simracers who want an inexpensive but decent wheel to start off their simracing career. It's king of the €100-150 market.
  • I recommend the Logitech G25/27 for those who want a decent compatible experience with a nice low latency FFB on PS3 (Thrustmaster wheels are only supported on a few PS3 games), and as the absolute best way to get quality wheel, pedals and shifter for under €250.
  • I recommend the Fanatec Porsche GT2 to those who want Xbox360 and PS3 support in a single device (and dislike the strangely shaped plastic CSR rim).
  • I recommend the Thrustmaster T500 as arguably the best way to experience GT5/GT6 and future PS4 titles (although I guess it now competes with T300 so then you get into discussion of relative quality of pedals, paddles and rims)

There's no "one size fits all" recommendation. It's all about cost, compatibility and compromises.

Don't forget the Thrustmaster T80 The Frugal Mans delight, 200° of Rotation, NO FFB, Bungee Cord Centering, Wheel Stand Mountable, $79.00 on Amazon, Compatible with PS3 and New Gen. Console PS4 for future Games. I own a T80, The T80 has sensitivity adjustment on the wheel where it can be selected to Zero Latency, (No Dead Zone), For Perfect responsiveness, for precision driving, I transitioned from a racing controller, I really enjoy this wheel, I'm sure I will enjoy it even after I get a T300RS,
The Price for the T300RS is Now sold at Walmart for $399.99, 3 Year Service Plan $51.00
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Thrustmaster-4169072-T300-RS-Force-Feedback-Wheel-for-PS4/41975121
I think the price should drop in the next 6 -12 months, just in time for GT 7.

The Thrustsmaster T80 is available at Walmart for $90.00 and $9.00 for 2 year service plan:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Thrustmaster-T80-Racing-Wheel-for-PS4/36471654

If you own, or you are planning to buy a PS4 for Project Cars, Drive Club, F1 2015, and GT7, I wouldn't buy A Logitech at this time because they are not compatible with the PS4.

Last edited:
Don't forget the Thrustmaster T80 The Frugal Mans delight, 200° of Rotation, NO FFB, Bungee Cord Centering, Wheel Stand Mountable, $79.00, Compatible with PS3 and New Gen. PS4 Future Games. I own one, it will due until I get a T300RS now they are sold at Walmart so the price should drop in the next 6 -12 months, just in time for GT 7.

@WarriusZero impressions of switching from Logitech Driving Force GT (DFGT) to Thrustmaster T300RS
At last, today, I received my T300 RS from Amazon UK (ordered on 31/12).
I promised I would give some feedback, so I will.
Disclaimer #1: Bear in mind that all I have ever used was a DFGT on GT5 and GT6. So if I say 'cool' and you think 'meh', you'll know where it comes from. These are my own observations, influenced by my own experience. Feel free to disagree (politely) or to make up your own mind.
Disclaimer #2: this list doesn't follow any kind of chronological or logical order.

You've been warned.

1. The wheel looks cool and its weight gives it some quality feel.
2. The pedals quality feels better than the DFGT as well. Not massively, but more than I expected.
3. However, the DFGT's grips under the pedals are grippier than the T300's. Until now, my rubbish custom rig was doing alright without hard mounting the pedals. For the T300, I had to drill some holes and use some bolts to keep the pedals from moving about. All sorted now. (Pictures can be arranged if requested)
4. The brake pedal is really not that good. With the DFGT I had a squash ball behind the brakes and I was happy with it. Not high tech, but satisfactory. The squash ball definitely won't fit behind the T300 brake pedal so I'm not so sure how I'm going to work around this. If anyone here not bored already of reading my silly list but still bored enough to take the time to give me some suggestions, feel free to chip in!
5. At first I left the FFB at the same levels as the DFGT (on GT6: settings 7/8) and my arms were hurting...
6. I had one issue: the 1st time round, when I plugged it on the PS3 (yes, I followed the correct order: plug in everything first then switch on the PS3), GT6 didn't recognise it. The calibration happened when starting the PS3, but not when starting the game. After a reboot of the PS3, everything was fine.
7. When calibrating, the wheel doesn't create a mini earthquake, unlike I've read somewhere here. The process was A LOT quieter than with the DFGT. A LOT.
8. The wheel is really quiet, although when the fan kicks in, it becomes noisier than the PS3 Slim I currently have. I'm also closer to the wheel, I have to admit. Which leads me to the next point.
9. I still haven't plugged it in my laptop for a firmware update, as everything was working fine. Which in turn leads me to the next point.
10. There is indeed a small deadzone on both pedals, but I didn't even think about it for a fair while. When I remembered to check it out, I thought 'Oh yes, there's a deadzone', then I forgot about it. The deadzone is perfectly acceptable. In my humble opinion anyway...
11. Driveclub's FFB is nowhere near as rich as GT6's.
12. But Driveclub is a lot more fun now...
13. I will admit it, at some point, the wheel decided to do its own thing in Driveclub, it wasn't responsive at all, keeping turning right, apparently both braking and accelerating... strange. A reboot fixed it. I'll keep an eye on it.
14. My custom (read cheap) rig was tailored for the DFGT, my driving position is a bit less comfortable with the T300. I need to choose between having the wheel a bit too close to my body or having to stretch my legs a bit too much. I'll see how it goes.
15. I haven't bolted the base to my rig, I'm using the provided clamp. I don't really like the bolt /lever that's sticking out between my knees. They could have used another system.
16. I'm probably going to miss my sequential shifter. It was useful to change gears while still spinning.
17. I'm happy I don't have to open up the pedals set to adjust some cogs and bits...

After reading this thread, I was a bit nervous about opening the box and plugging in the wheel. "What if it doesn't work properly? How long is it going to take to even play?"
The answer was "Don't panic, plug this and that and Bob's your uncle".
The wheel works better than I feared (i.e. not having any brakes or things like that) but it's also exhausting! I don't know if I'm just tired tonight, but it feels like my brain has to work hard to compute a new set of sensory feedback. I've stopped playing for a few minutes, the cooling fan has stopped turning, but not my brain! :)

EDIT: I now realise I haven't put something like "Wow, this is SOOO much better!!" perhaps I'm just still computing everything, perhaps it isn't... I need to have a few more sessions to really appreciate it I'm sure.

EDIT 2: After playing again a day later, I have to go back to my first observations about the brake pedal. The deadzone is bigger than I first thought and it's now annoying me. I don't really want to do it, now, but I may have to open up the thing... And really I want to find a way to stiffen it up as well.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

EDIT: I went ahead and bought the T500RS, so the questions below are now moot :)

I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel - it's quite old (5 years), but I believe it's mostly the same as the Forza CSR and Porsche GT wheels that they still sell. It certainly uses the exact same motor.

Unfortunately the motor has just died on my wheel. I might just replace the motor, but I am now wondering if I should splash out much more money and get a new wheel.

I definitely can't afford a major upgrade - like to the Fanatec CSW base (not even a used v1.)

But I could maybe afford a Thrustmaster T500RS, especially if I buy a used one without pedals (I just bought a used set of Fanatec Clubsport v1 pedals, so I'm covered there.)

Note I will be using the wheel exclusively on the PC, mostly with Assetto Corsa.

I have a few questions if anyone wouldn't mind:

1. Can anyone comment on the T500RS versus the Fanatec wheels: Porsche 911 Turbo S, CSR (not CSR Elite), or the Porsche GT2/3 wheels? (ignoring console compatibility and pedal differences!)
    1. In particular, how does the FFB compare? It should be quite a bit stronger I guess because the T500 motor is "industrial strength" with way more torque.
    2. My Googling has mostly thrown up comparisons between the CSR Elite and T500RS. Generally, the CSR Elite has won that battle, but it's been close.
    3. Of course that rather suggests that the T500RS should be quite a bit better than the basic CSR / Porsche wheels!
  2. I'm struggling to work out the difference in feel and FFB between the old(er) T500RS and T300RS
    1. The Thrustmaster comparison talks about T500RS being "pure power" and the T300RS being "power mastered." I don't know if I can afford a T300RS (lower list price, but less likely to get a used one I think), but it'd be good to know how it compares.
    2. Can anyone comment on what this means in practice?
    3. I like the idea of the power of the T500 motor (way more powerful than the crappy Mabuchi in my Fanatec). But I don't know what to make of what they say about the T300RS being smoother etc.
    4. I have googled, but 99% of the comparisons have focused on things that don't matter to me - like differences in pedals, difference in console compatibility, built-in port for shifter, etc. I've not seen anyone talking about difference in FFB feel.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any answers!

Last edited:
It looks like the T300 or T500 Thrustmaster are the only choice if you have a PS3 and are upgrading to a PS4 soon?

I want a wheel, but I don't NEED the best on the planet, so $500 plus upgrades seems a bit steep for my needs. I was leaning towards the G27....but incompatible with PS4...

Tuff decision.

Hi guys,

EDIT: I went ahead and bought the T500RS, so the questions below are now moot :)

I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel - it's quite old (5 years), but I believe it's mostly the same as the Forza CSR and Porsche GT wheels that they still sell. It certainly uses the exact same motor.

Unfortunately the motor has just died on my wheel. I might just replace the motor, but I am now wondering if I should splash out much more money and get a new wheel.

I definitely can't afford a major upgrade - like to the Fanatec CSW base (not even a used v1.)

But I could maybe afford a Thrustmaster T500RS, especially if I buy a used one without pedals (I just bought a used set of Fanatec Clubsport v1 pedals, so I'm covered there.)

Note I will be using the wheel exclusively on the PC, mostly with Assetto Corsa.

I have a few questions if anyone wouldn't mind:

1. Can anyone comment on the T500RS versus the Fanatec wheels: Porsche 911 Turbo S, CSR (not CSR Elite), or the Porsche GT2/3 wheels? (ignoring console compatibility and pedal differences!)
    1. In particular, how does the FFB compare? It should be quite a bit stronger I guess because the T500 motor is "industrial strength" with way more torque.
    2. My Googling has mostly thrown up comparisons between the CSR Elite and T500RS. Generally, the CSR Elite has won that battle, but it's been close.
    3. Of course that rather suggests that the T500RS should be quite a bit better than the basic CSR / Porsche wheels!
  2. I'm struggling to work out the difference in feel and FFB between the old(er) T500RS and T300RS
    1. The Thrustmaster comparison talks about T500RS being "pure power" and the T300RS being "power mastered." I don't know if I can afford a T300RS (lower list price, but less likely to get a used one I think), but it'd be good to know how it compares.
    2. Can anyone comment on what this means in practice?
    3. I like the idea of the power of the T500 motor (way more powerful than the crappy Mabuchi in my Fanatec). But I don't know what to make of what they say about the T300RS being smoother etc.
    4. I have googled, but 99% of the comparisons have focused on things that don't matter to me - like differences in pedals, difference in console compatibility, built-in port for shifter, etc. I've not seen anyone talking about difference in FFB feel.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any answers!

Hey "TheBloke" I recently purchased a T500 of my own. I wanted to ask if you've gotten used to the feel of it and if your lap times are faster/slower or the same as with your old Fanatec. I used to own a Logitech Driving Force Pro and I am having some difficulty adjusting. Thanks.

I am leaning heavily towards the T300 now. Where is the best deal on this set up? Or is there a comparable version to consider?

I am leaning heavily towards the T300 now. Where is the best deal on this set up? Or is there a comparable version to consider?
Depends on the platform you'll be primarily using. If PC only, I'll go with the TX + T3PA pedals if you can live with the stock hard plastic Ferrari wheel.

A bit more information from you will allow others to come up with better suggestions.

It looks like the T300 or T500 Thrustmaster are the only choice if you have a PS3 and are upgrading to a PS4 soon?

I want a wheel, but I don't NEED the best on the planet, so $500 plus upgrades seems a bit steep for my needs. I was leaning towards the G27....but incompatible with PS4...

Tuff decision.

I tend to justify my purchases by break cost down to week/usage these days :lol:. $500 for a wheel that will last for the next 3-4 years will be worth it if you use it at least once a week.

I tend to justify my purchases by break cost down to week/usage these days :lol:. $500 for a wheel that will last for the next 3-4 years will be worth it if you use it at least once a week.

Thanks. I race GT6 on my 50" TV for now. Almost every day when possible. So I'm sure it will see some use.

I guess my real concern is the G27 style units vs the T300 at twice the price, making a significant difference. Not to mention the adaptability once I upgrade to a PS4?

Thanks. I race GT6 on my 50" TV for now. Almost every day when possible. So I'm sure it will see some use.

I guess my real concern is the G27 style units vs the T300 at twice the price, making a significant difference. Not to mention the adaptability once I upgrade to a PS4?
T300RS for price and PS4 compatibility.

G27 is old technology yes nearly half as expensive but you'll get better force feedback (FFB) and PS4 support with T300RS. Personal feeling is that G27 will never be officially supported on PS4 because Logitech will not be paying a license fee to Immersion or Sony and even spend money developing drivers for an old technology on a new platform as it don't make any business sense.

I have 3 actually but only one that is on the list

DFGT is the one on the list

Fanatec TurboS -> close to the GT2
Fanatec CSR Elite -> close to the club sport

My friend has the CSR all of these are pretty good though the DFGT is only for PS and PC where the others also work with the 360.

The Elite of course is the best of the bunch.

This is awesome Thrustmaster deal. No better time to invest in a wheel. Unfortunately only for European countries :(.

Thanks @WildRun

FYI: 3 Pedals Deal on Thrustmaster Shop until April 5
OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-UK_1.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/categories/wheels.html

OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-DE_2.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/de_de/produktarten/lenkrader.html

OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-ES_1.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/es_es/categories/volantes.html

OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-FR.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/fr_fr/categories/volants.html

OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-IT_1.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/it_it/categories/volanti.html

Last edited:
XBox One wheel hub announced and accepting pre-orders. It is also compatible on PC/PS4. The hub itself is ridiculously expensive, cost as much a brand new Thrustmaster T300RS.

If you go down the Fanatec CSW v2 + hub + wheel + pedal, you're be looking at over USD$1300.

Not ideal if you're starting off when you need to invest on a rig as well.

Link

I've got a couple of quick question as a current G27 owner. I'm looking for the cheapest upgrade path to current generation consoles and no one seems to want my used G27.

• If I replace the G27 wheel with any of the following Fanatec wheels, will I be able to add an adapter(s) to use my G27 shifter and pedals on PC and PS4 (Project Cars only at the moment)?
  • If I replace with a G27 wheel with a Clubsport Wheelbase V2 will I be able to do the same as above with my existing pedals and shifter while adding Xbox One compatibility?
  • As most/all (?) Thrustmaster prooducts are Sony-licensed. Can I do the same (G27 pedal & shifter) with any of the higher tier Thrustmaster wheels?
Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a couple of quick question as a current G27 owner. I'm looking for the cheapest upgrade path to current generation consoles and no one seems to want my used G27.

• If I replace the G27 wheel with any of the following Fanatec wheels, will I be able to add an adapter(s) to use my G27 shifter and pedals on PC and PS4 (Project Cars only at the moment)?
  • If I replace with a G27 wheel with a Clubsport Wheelbase V2 will I be able to do the same as above with my existing pedals and shifter while adding Xbox One compatibility?
  • As most/all (?) Thrustmaster prooducts are Sony-licensed. Can I do the same (G27 pedal & shifter) with any of the higher tier Thrustmaster wheels?
Thanks guys.
there wheels comes with a adapter to use the g25/27 pedals. can't use the shifter though. there $60 Porsche shifter set is ok. i liked it better then the g27 shifter. i would go with the csr for $199 great wheel the Porsche 911 gt3 is a little cheaper but alot older. i had the Porsche gt2 and csr with the Porsche shifter and now own the clubsport bace v2 bmw rim clubsport v2 pedals clubsport v1.5 sq shifter.it seems the pedal adapter is not with the csr wheel though it should be. its only $4.95

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the launch of Project CARS. Anyone bought Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2, Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 or Forza Motorsport CSR for PS4?

Back