The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X and XBox One

FANATEC STATEMENT IN REGARDS TO PS4 Compatibility

You might have already noticed that we have removed the icons to show the PlayStation compatibility on our website. So what does that mean?

As part of the licensing process for a new, officially licensed racing wheel, Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has asked us to stop promoting our unlicensed wheels as beeing PlayStation compatible and we are happy to comply with that. As soon as we have a fully licensed PlayStation wheel on the market, we will officially announce the compatibility again.

If you already purchased a Fanatec product with previously promoted PS3 or PS4 compatibility, basically nothing will change for you. The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not.
If you purchase a new wheel from us from now on we will only guarantee the PC or Xbox One compatibility as advertised.

I hope you understand our position and rest assured that we do everything to make our products as compatible as possible.

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man i just cant decide between the logitech g29 and the thrustmaster t300...
I will play mostly on ps4 (GT Sport and Dirt Rally) and i do want to use the manual transmission shifter..

And, it will be my first wheel ever..

and reading all the forum posts i can find still leaves me stuk in between..

The internals of the t300 are better than the g29
The reliability of the g29 seems better than the t300

Last edited:
I will play mostly on ps4 (GT Sport and Dirt Rally) and i do want to use the manual transmission shifter..

Go for the G29. My T300 just broke and it will be that much of a pain in trying to get it repaired that you may instead just get a new wheel.

Amazon says $379.42 after 5% off today for the 300 set up in the link above. Not $299....I was going to buy one. :(

It Was $299.99 for three months. I got mine in March. You have you to be ready to pounce when the price drops, Watch Amazon price then call Walmart for price match, and get the 4 Year protection plan too, don't know when it will drop again but check regularly.

Yeah, I've heard....but I'm still hoping.

The market for a serious, all out simulator with little if any "fun" racing doesn't seem like a way to unwind and have fun on my down time.

I like the serious racing too, but not ONLY that.

Yeah, I've heard....but I'm still hoping.

The market for a serious, all out simulator with little if any "fun" racing doesn't seem like a way to unwind and have fun on my down time.

I like the serious racing too, but not ONLY that.

There is nothing wrong with hoping as long as you know what is actually the planned future Polyphony Digital has for Gran Turismo. There is always Project CARS and Assetto Corsa on the PS4. And if you have an XBOX One Forza Motorsport has A great car list and plenty of circuits to race on.

i'm in the same situation. I was about to buy the Thrustmaster T300RS Alacantra Edition, which comes with the 3 pedal set. But I've read that it has some serious reliability issues. My biggest concern is durability because I will be using the wheel in Pakistan and so, will not have any type of warranty. Should I go for the G29 or is there something even more dependable?

Seems like the T300RS or G29 are the better options if the budget allows.

T500 if the sky's the limit.

Are most building seats and stands, or ?

I remember reading that TM will not honor the warranty of any product purchased on ebay.

It depends on the seller you choose. Some are selling grey market items, or seller refurbished. I've even heard of product being pulled out of dumpsters and resold.
Stick with reliable sellers who say right in the listing, "includes manufacturers warranty.'
Rather than looking for the cheapest one.

For any item you buy there. But especially electronics.

Ok, searching around the past few days, battling between the T300RS and G29. Seems the Thrustmaster T300 feels a little better in the wheel, with cheap pedals, also poor reliability. While the G29 feels cheaper in the wheel, with better pedals and better reliability. Tuff decision, seems like a 50/50 choice.

...when suddenly appears a deal on Best Buy's website for the G29 I couldn't pass up.

$199.95 free shipping.

Now for a stand?

I just ordered a T300 online. I've never had a wheel before. I'm excited, but worried about some of the problems I'm hearing. I bought the wheel off Amazon.ca (I'm in Canada) and I'm waiting for it to ship.
I couldn't find any clear information on their website, so I was just wondering what is the warranty on Thrustmaster wheels in Canada? I looked through the t300 manual online and noticed a 1 year mention but it wasn't clear for me.

If I'm mostly concerned about reliability
because I'm short on funds, should I just go with the T150? I got the Thrustmaster T300 for $350 instead of $500 here in Canada. I can get the T150 with T3PA pedals for $350 in Canada. Just for comparison. The Logitech G29 is also on sale for $380 right now.

Furthermore, racing games are my favourite, but I'm not SUPER hardcore towards sim racing. I have a PS4. Driveclub is my favourite game all time. I play Assetto Corsa time to time, and sometimes it's just beautiful. I plan on getting Dirt Rally and F1 2016 soon.

Any help will be appreciated. I posted this is another thread too, sorry! Just want to get people's opinions.

The Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO pedals are still on sale for $99 on amazon. Though OOS, they are allowing you to order now and wont charge until back in stock.

Back