Potato...

• Thread starter VBR
  • 1,339 comments
Weirdly, for me, none of my laptimes improved, if anything I was struggling to beat my quali time 1:38:7 (GT86), BUT, I was able to get closer to it with more cars, most of them around 1:39:5.

My experience too. Things feel better, smoother, faster, but I'm not actually going faster. Not yet anyway. I'm not reading into that as my testing was short.

Just won a 5 lap Monza Custom Race on Professional difficulty with the Lambo GT3 - that was never going to happen before. This new physics is night and day better than the old physics. At least for an enjoyable drive it is. Whether it is really closer to reality or not I cannot comment but I am seriously enjoying the game. It seems that every disaster is of my own making now rather than 'why the heck did it do that?'

The new physics is THE part of this new release. It is awesome!!

CJ

Interesting, maybe I'll go back to those Lamborghini events I couldn't stand before... And agreed on the last point.

Noticed something weird when i randomly decided to test P1 GTR's top speed on SSRX

On first straight, it easily got to 420+ (just as it does on Mulsanne), uphill speed reduced a bit, then reached 445 km/h on the downhill. Car expectably lost a bit of speed when i was passing the first bankibg corner

The strange thing is, after passing the corner and driving down the second straight, P1 barely held at 400 km/h, struggling to accelerate further. Seeing as it easily reaches 420+ on first straight (before the uphill section), i consider such behaviour strange

Anyone experienced something similar?

EDIT: completely forgot that P1 is a hybrid and can run out of juice. Tested LaFerrari aswell, lost torgue on second straight too (tho not as much as P1 did). Non-hybrid cars keep the speed

Last edited:
i must say thank you to pd, the new model make me love my nsx gr3 agine, i can now push the car with out tcs and control the over steer. now the rear end dose step out like before.

Noticed something weird when i randomly decided to test P1 GTR's top speed on SSRX

On first straight, it easily got to 420+ (just as it does on Mulsanne), uphill speed reduced a bit, then reached 445 km/h on the downhill. Car expectably lost a bit of speed when i was passing the first bankibg corner

The strange thing is, after passing the corner and driving down the second straight, P1 barely held at 400 km/h, struggling to accelerate further. Seeing as it easily reaches 420+ on first straight (before the uphill section), i consider such behaviour strange

Anyone experienced something similar?
You used all the battery power on the first straight, nowhere to recharge it so you were relying on the ICE on the second straight.

I just tested the new physics with the Amuse S2000 (which is arguably one of the most slippery cars in the game) and I have to say it felt much, much better. The current tune I had which has a lot of rear downforce and a very strong diff now made the car understeery. I dialed back the diff and downforce a bit and the car felt neutral again. I have yet to test the physics with a grippy FR car (like the M3 GT2), but so far I'm loving the changes.

I was practicing for a championship before and after the update, and now my TS050 feels more stable overall in all phases. Before the update it would lose lots of lateral grip while braking and wasn't consistent at all. It may have been a setup issue but I don't think so.

You used all the battery power on the first straight, nowhere to recharge it so you were relying on the ICE on the second straight.

Yeah, just remembered it. Edited my post above

As for the topic, cars seem to launch from standstill better than they did before the update

What about the overall grip, especially under braking? I was struggling all the time, not to mention the trail braking, could never succeed, car always slides away.

@tofuhero , Mini R50 driver here too, i'm disappointed by the in-game engine sound.

Guys, what's FR, MR, etc. ?? ( front engine - rwd? )

I really felt the new physics on the 356A Porsche. The back end steps out like cold butter on frozen rye but it had a gradual fidelity where I could tell how far out I was getting. I had the brake balance badly set so it was oversteering too early with some tail whip bite on the end of a drift. I was driving it in VR so I couldn't change the brake balance on the fly, after 1 lap I had already gotten accustomed to it and could feel where the car was at in order to exit more balanced and avoid the whip back. Usually I have to wrestle with a bad balance like that for quit some time before being able to account for it.

I can confirm that the Gr3 Ferrari and Lamborghini are no longer frustrating beasts!!! I took them both to Interlagos, set them up on stock settings with BoP to replicate the recent Race B. Unlike the past year, where I was constantly fighting to keep them in line and almost anything would upset them, now they are predictable. They are still a little loose, which is good.

I am happy!! Here are my replays from the test. I didn't go crazy spending hours trying to get it right. I ran the Ferrari on the same brake balance I have had for a while (-4) while I had to dial the Lamborghini back a bit to -3.

Ferrari 1:32.5

Lamborghini 1:32.3

I think what's changed is the amount of tire rebound. In old replays, you could see the tires, especially on these cars, bouncing off the track surface. Notice in the first video where the Ferrari runs on the track slightly after turn four (at the end of the straight). That would normally pitch cars left toward the inside wall. Now, the suspension soaks it up properly.

The laferrari and Enzo are significantly better. I improved my times for those cars on Nurburgring GP circuit by more than 3 seconds each.

The laferrari especially is much more drivable. It still never really feels balanced and smooth, but at least it is manageable now.

Can anybody confirm if the Laferrari got better?
Yes, much better

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to what everybody is saying, I’ll add that tire wear is better now, more even. Tried the 458GT3 at Suzuka with 15x tire wear and usually the rears get eaten up much faster but it wasn’t the case.

Defefinitely easier to get the power down but still struggling under braking with MR Gr3 cars, will making it easier to get the power down make the field spread of talent smaller?

Also my G29 feels different under braking, not sure what it is though.

Defefinitely easier to get the power down but still struggling under braking with MR Gr3 cars, will making it easier to get the power down make the field spread of talent smaller?

Also my G29 feels different under braking, not sure what it is though.
I have a G29 as well, and noticed alot more feedback under braking as well, as if you can now feel the ripples and undulations in the track surface more clearly. Not sure if its placebo, but it feel different in a very good way.

Had to vote slightly worse. It seems to have been changed to cater for those that have no throttle control out of corners.

Was using my Mclaren 650s GT3 last night and I could drift it easily like a 4WD around medium speed corners.

Tried the Alfa 4C GT4 in the weekly race and that also feels like a noob friendly car now.

Personally I was very happy with the handling before.

I feel that the cars are behaving differently in pitch and not so much in yaw. They are stiffer and slightly slowed in response to braking, throttle lift and application. I guessed that the tyres are changed to be stiffer in pitch only, but that would be difficult to achieve without affecting yaw also. So my initial conclusion is that they changed the settings for inertia, which some might like to think of as gravity. This idea would also explain the changes in behaviour over the kerbs... anyway, a less sudden pitch down onto the nose and a reduction in the amount the tail stands up during braking (and unloads the rear tyres) makes for a big reduction in lift off oversteer, especially with MR cars.
They might have gone a little bit too far though. I was driving Mercedes VGT around The Ring and noticed that I had to give a real prod during braking to get the turn in I required, at least at some corners... but a big improvement overall and a definite step in the right direction. The change in car behaviour is pretty massive, very noticeable!

Had to vote slightly worse. It seems to have been changed to cater for those that have no throttle control out of corners.

Was using my Mclaren 650s GT3 last night and I could drift it easily like a 4WD around medium speed corners.

Tried the Alfa 4C GT4 in the weekly race and that also feels like a noob friendly car now.

Personally I was very happy with the handling before.

There was always an underlying issue with grip. The new tyre model improved it but lateral grip and bump grip/bite was never as good as it should be. It's closer now. You may feel it's "noob" friendly. I'd say the cars behave more like they should on the limit and are more predictable. I have featherlight throttle control, but the feel of grip on the limit, and the disparity between cars with how grip changed over curbs etc was huge. Now that gap has closed.

On a side note, standing starts have improved to. Grip from standing is far more realistic.

You'd be surprised how heavy you can be with the throttle in a medium powered race car on slicks in real life. The feel is now much improved in GTS.

There was always an underlying issue with grip. The new tyre model improved it but lateral grip and bump grip/bite was never as good as it should be. It's closer now. You may feel it's "noob" friendly. I'd say the cars behave more like they should on the limit and are more predictable. I have featherlight throttle control, but the feel of grip on the limit, and the disparity between cars with how grip changed over curbs etc was huge. Now that gap has closed.

On a side note, standing starts have improved to. Grip from standing is far more realistic.

You'd be surprised how heavy you can be with the throttle in a medium powered race car on slicks in real life. The feel is now much improved in GTS.

Let me rephrase it then... It's easier. Whether that's more realistic on a McLaren 650s GT3 and Alfa 4C GT4 is up for debate by neither you or I.

I was able to properly test the efects of tuning the suspension on the ITR and Z8. It's awesome to actuall see varying results each time out on track. I always had one set up for a car and stuck to it. Now, I see how I subtle changes, allow me to get on the power earlier or brake later or transition weight better.
Also noticed standing starts in the Z8 on SS tyres. TCS off, I nailed the throttle. Brief wheel spin, car hooks up and rockets away. Rather than the car just sitting there spinning like it's on bald tyres. Felt good.

Just tried the old Alpine at Brands Indy. The feel of the cars balance is more subtle and progressive and the tires regain grip more progressively.
Much better to drive. Returned to default settings.
There’s subtle changes in the balance and it’s felt in the wheel. It’s like there’s more resolution in the relationship between the cars balance and tires grip. It’s more intuitive to drive.
I like it.

Man Group 4 cars, all I feel is a TON of understeer. TBh i felt it after update 1.23, they've never felt right since, I just CANNOT get any of them to turn in other than Alfa, opush, push and more push.
The FF Gr.4 cars feel "heavy" to me now. And the push effect. I thought it was me. Is anyone else feeling the cars getting locked with understeer, at off-throttle tuck in?

Man Group 4 cars, all I feel is a TON of understeer. TBh i felt it after update 1.23, they've never felt right since, I just CANNOT get any of them to turn in other than Alfa, opush, push and more push.

Yeah, this fits with what I was suggesting earlier. Lift off oversteer is reduced which obviously leads to the statement..lift off underseer is increased!
Trail braking will probably become more important now.
I still think it's a step in the right direction... just a touch too far.

The comments so far suggest this is more of an "MR Fix". Can't wait till tomorrow to find out myself.

Edit: Snap over-steers are much more controllable than what they used to be. I like it.

Last edited:
Notice in the first video where the Ferrari runs on the track slightly after turn four (at the end of the straight). That would normally pitch cars left toward the inside wall. Now, the suspension soaks it up properly.

i watched the replay before reading this comment, when i saw you touch the astro there i was shocked you didn't spin.

Let me rephrase it then... It's easier. Whether that's more realistic on a McLaren 650s GT3 and Alfa 4C GT4 is up for debate by neither you or I.

Your right. I can however compare it to driving a slick shod M3 track car touching 400BHP. My opportunity came to drive it and the track was slightly damp to. Grip levels were crazy good. A dumbed down gr4 car granted but a touchstone to compare with.

Slow down your corner entry. They don't plough if your entry speed is good. You'll have tons of corner exit grip to make the time back that you feel you are losing.

Latest Posts

Back