The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Interesting that I see this because I just came across what is supposedly a leaked pic form the game:

1424877317-android-image-02-25-2015-jpg.353012

This might be it. I've seen a "censored" version of that pic somewhere. I think someone found it inside the game's files and censored it as not to spoil the surprise. It also looks very similar to what we saw in the video teaser.

What I'm hoping for now is that we get more than one VGT per month. We are almost in May and there's still 15 more brands to unveil their cars, and we were supposed to have all cars by the end of last year. I wouldn't like to have to wait one more year to have all of them. I want them now :(

A) That's not PD's rendering. B) The car is dirty...

Not saying its PD's (after all, VGT sketches are usually the manufacterer's ), just saying that the place I got this from supposedly says this is a pic from in-game (likely a render from the VGT menu).

Well superfolks, here's my supervid gold lap in the VW Supersport superlap at Superburgring... :cheers:

If that picture above is the Peugeot we are getting, then it reminds me a lot of the Citroen concept with the wide body. I can't help but feel this would be too big and bulky to be all that competitive, unless its made out of really really really light materials.

Well the Lion is the trademark of Peugeot. It's implemented in their logo. If you look at the picture you can clearly see the "lionesque" emblem. I just wondered if they would let it be of more use than just the logo on this concept.

Ah, it is the symbol. I thought of that, but I wasn't sure the first time. Thanks for clarifying. But yes, I'd say that the Lion will be used in a few more sections of the car; during the video you posted, there is a round badge with the Lion on it (might be something that is placed on the side of the car, I think), and the front grille could have that symbol as well (the newer Peugeot grilles have the Lion in the middle, IIRC). As for the rest, only a full reveal of the car itself will answer the questions..

May I ask; where did you get the picture you posted recently?

Well the Lion is the trademark of Peugeot. It's implemented in their logo. If you look at the picture you can clearly see the "lionesque" emblem. I just wondered if they would let it be of more use than just the logo on this concept.

Peugeot is always magnifique when showing their concept cars. What a cool video.

Looks like it doesn't have an interior just like the GT6 version.

Obvious "standard interior" joke is obvious, perhaps a little too much. :lol:

Next to a real person the Infiniti's wacky proportions really stand out.

Yes, it does look even more wacky and wide. And super low, too. Guess that's another thing it and the Mercedes have in common; strange proportions. They are almost brothers, I dare say.

The super long hood connecting to a bubble like greenhouse with soft lines is a very distinctive design in my opinion.

Oh yeah, I don't disagree with that. That was the reason why Infiniti/Nissan picked Liu's design to represent the luxury side of the Nissan group's VGT concepts. Nissan did the edgy (with the 2020 VGT Concept) and Infiniti did elegance (with their own car). The boomerangue-esque wing is another distinctive design cue, because very few VGTs actually bothered to shape their wing like that. It was also thanks to the Infiniti that I learned what the term "flying butresses" means. Thanks for using that in your car, Mr. Liu, I appreciate good learning experiences like that.

I'll leave it as well in here since it is the official thread

CDw-QsSUsAI1KmQ.jpg:large

compare this with the pic posted by @RACECAR

1424877317-android-image-02-25-2015-jpg.353012

The bonnet has a similar red "item". Can we say it is almost a certainty this is the Vision GT?

https://twitter.com/peugeotarg/status/593467872346791936?s=03

Yup, it matches the leaked picture quite well. It has to be the VGT, there is no explanation that can prove otherwise
at this point...

Also:
CDxr3lDWIAEjvAK.jpg
(taken from doblocruiser's Twitter link)

Red and black paint scheme? Rings a bell...

PHO9f6693b8-fd16-11e3-9acb-3359ef43062a-805x453.jpg

Last edited:
Back