The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
10559787_1616098488608273_7955077022665006058_n.jpg

Fancy a 1:64 scale model? :D

They're pre-production models. The colored parts indicate that the panels are made from a different material. They will be painted the same as the rest of the body (or in the case of the 2020's rear spoiler - carbon fiber), do not worry. As for the case of that Alfa over there, it would be its chrome bumpers.

Last edited:
Suddenly I absolutely need one of those.

The Nissan VGT would be released sometime within late this year, and hopefully it would come with same colors as the one in the game.

Expect it to be pricey, though, for such a small scale model.

Last edited:
The Nissan VGT would be released sometime within the late of this year, and hopefully it would come with same colors as the one in the game.

Worth it.

The Nissan VGT would be released sometime within the late of this year, and hopefully it would come with same colors as the one in the game.

I would like to see it have those multiple colors, to be honest.

Also, it's going to be pricey because of its status as a TLV NEO model; the Nissan iDX got the same treatment and sold like hot cakes...

I would have an Aston Martin DP-100, a GTI Roadster, a Chaparral 2X, a Carbon Nissan Concept 2020, a yellow Infiniti Concept, an Alpine Vision GT, a Lexus LF-LC GT, a Subaru Viziv GT, a BMW Vision GT, and a Peugeot.

It's amazing how Takara Tomy managed to get a license from PD to create that small scale model. Now let's see if the others would follow.

I would buy a scale model of the Mazda LM55 VGT in a heartbeat, if there will be one.

I second and third that idea. I'd still stand by the idea of a 1/43 scale Chaparral 2X, done by Kyosho. Norev could work with Alpine and Peugeot (heck, many Peugeot concepts were done in scale form by Norev, so the shoe would fit), and so on and so forth. Quite frankly, I'm very happy with Takara Tomy's decision; Nissan fans can get their own, non-virtual VGT, and T-Tomy will get some hefty profits from selling yet another popular Nissan concept. And Nissan will probably get a cut of said profits, as R1600 said below;

I think it belongs to Nissan more than anything else.

Quite. It's the relation between Takara Tomy and Nissan that led to the 2020 having a TLV version. As I mentioned previously, it's not the first Nissan concept to join the TLV NEO ranks...

VW unveiled the new Golf GTE Sport Concept. It looks like the GTI Supersport from the back:
Volkswagen-Golf_GTE_Sport_Concept_2015_1024x768_wallpaper_08.jpg

But the interior is almost the same as the GTI Roadster:
Volkswagen-Golf_GTE_Sport_Concept_2015_1024x768_wallpaper_0f.jpg
i1CVuJTh5UdFIG.jpg

I think it's very cool to see companies using their VGT cars to inspire future projects. It shows they have some purpose besides being just cars designed for a video game. And the VW Roadster sounds really good IRL also:

About those 1:64 models: I want one! In gray or blue.

VW unveiled the new Golf GTE Sport Concept. It looks like the GTI Supersport from the back:
Volkswagen-Golf_GTE_Sport_Concept_2015_1024x768_wallpaper_08.jpg

i1CVuJTh5UdFIG.jpg

I think it's very cool to see companies using their VGT cars to inspire future projects. It shows they have some purpose besides being just cars designed for a video game. And the VW Roadster sounds really good IRL also:

I guess Volkswagen is pretty proud of both their VGT efforts. That GTE is basically a spruced-up Supersport with a futuristic version of the Roadster interior. Not bad. And yes, it is nice that car companies actually take advantage of their VGT designs for other cars; another great example are the rear tailights of the Aston Martin DP-100. Even the mad Vulcan took inspiration from those when it came out:

Aston-Martin-Vulcan.jpg

aston-martin-vulcan-12.jpg

Closer look of the upcoming 1:64 scale model of the Nissan 2020 VGT. Release date is yet to be announced by Takara Tomy:

View attachment 368353 View attachment 368354

Kinda makes me worry if the tail lights can easily be taken off. Hopefully not.

(Photos from 829japan.com)

Looking good, I hope to see more renders of the car, to check for additional colours. It can't be just Silver, it can't be.

Also, are the spoiler and rear lights going to be one whole piece? I do hope that those parts won't be easily breakable...

Last edited:

i1CVuJTh5UdFIG.jpg

Humm... it seems that they are been inspired by multilayer HUD of the Alpine Vision GT.

alpine-vision-gt-10-8-640x234.jpg

Before anything else, I want to say that I called it. Sort of. It's not quite the Peugeot, but it's French. Norev had to do it at some point... :lol:

Now, merci, Norev. Now my wallet has one more thing to worry about.

Before anything else, I want to say that I called it. Sort of. It's not quite the Peugeot, but it's French. Norev had to do it at some point... :lol:

Now, merci, Norev. Now my wallet has one more thing to worry about.

Not yet anyway :sly:

Anyhow, I was not expecting VGTs to have their own die-casts, but its beginning to look interesting.

The Alpine as well? That's really cool! I hope someone is planning on releasing a scale model of the Infiniti VGT car.

Back