The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
18539523864_d11c070a34_c.jpg

Them airbrakes though.

Here's a couple of vids of the Mazda VGT at Goodwood... Both the 2014 versions and the 2015 versions

Note, as well as replacing the statue with this year's Mazda statue, they have also seemingly replaced the big red Honda sign on the right hand side at the first right hand corner with an uncovered grandstand area.

I'll be sure to take a look in that area on Saturday and check whether the change is accurate.

2014 Mazda VGT at 2014 Goodwood circuit (look for the red Honda sign at the first corner)

2015 Mazda VGT at 2015 Goodwood circuit

Here's a couple of vids of the Mazda VGT at Goodwood... Both the 2014 versions and the 2015 versions

Note, as well as replacing the statue with this year's Mazda statue, they have also seemingly replaced the big red Honda sign on the right hand side at the first right hand corner with an uncovered grandstand area.

I'll be sure to take a look in that area on Saturday and check whether the change is accurate.

2014 Mazda VGT at 2014 Goodwood circuit (look for the red Honda sign at the first corner)

2015 Mazda VGT at 2015 Goodwood circuit

If you do that in 100% wet conditions the AI crashes the car in to the startline gantry on the leaderboard background. :lol:

So Kaz himself has finally given us the reason why VGT cars on GT6 don't have interiors. He says it's because with these machines they're a fair bit more constrained on schedule so they have to leave the interior for later completion, and manufacturers sometimes don't even design an interior for the machine, they still plan on adding interiors for the Vision Gran Turismo project cars however.

And Bertone's dead according to Kaz.

So Kaz himself has finally given us the reason why VGT cars on GT6 don't have interiors. He says it's because with these machines they're a fair bit more constrained on schedule so they have to leave the interior for later completion, and manufacturers sometimes don't even design an interior for the machine, they still plan on adding interiors for the Vision Gran Turismo project cars however.

And Bertone's dead according to Kaz.

I guess that sort of explains the half-modeled interiors that can be seen on Photomode in certain VGT cars (i.e Peugeot, the Nissan 2020, the FT-1 VGT, just to name a few). And with the VGT's original schedule of one whole year for all cars pretty much broken, PD has to push the rest of the cars ahead without a detailed interior. I just hope that the process of giving all the VGTs interiors can be more smooth and quicker than the release of the cars themselves.

And Kaz didn't exactly say that Bertone was dead, he just mentioned dificulties regarding the original Bertone company's bankrupcy, and that he was a big fan of the design (I guess this proves that Kaz loves wacky concept cars, so the Bertone must've been Heaven for him...). As far as we know, he could still be in negotiations with Bertone Design over the car, as that company now holds all rights to the Bertone brand. Of course, being as vague as he usually is with this whole story, we can't say anything for sure until we see it...

I'm glad to hear a reason on this. I bet GT7 or later GT6 updates will add those interiors.

I agree, an explanation is much better than the traditional "PD silence", so at least we can finally hear some reasoning behind this problem. I'm not betting on GT6 to have the additional interiors, since the game already struggles with most VGT models without a detailed interior (i.e slowdown when the cars are being previewed in Gallery mode, the online lag when multiple VGT models are on the same track), so adding even more detail could be harmful to the game. I do agree with the GT7 guess however, as hopefully the PS4 can handle the extra detail in a more subtle manner.

Regarding the Bertone VGT, here's the exact quote from the interview:

GTPlanet: What’s the current status of the Bertone VGT car?

Yamauchi: The company has gone now, so it’s really difficult. It’s really unfortunate – we had high expectations from the design.

Now while he doesn't say no, he has said "It's difficult" which could mean the current rights holders may be unwilling for the project to go ahead. So, although it's not "No", it's "Not that likely, really."

Regarding the Bertone VGT, here's the exact quote from the interview:

Now while he doesn't say no, he has said "It's difficult" which could mean the current rights holders may be unwilling for the project to go ahead. So, although it's not "No", it's "Not that likely, really."

I'll say one thing; Bertone is more open to negotiations than Alfa Romeo, who said nothing and then pulled the plug on their project without warning. Of course, there are still problems for Kaz to deal with regarding the Bertone; the whole Bertone/Bertone Design history, possible problems with licensing, and of course the fact that the designer of the car isn't actually a Bertone employee (not anymore at least, as he is working in a freelance consulting role). It's a "We're trying to assert the current situation, but so far it's been very hard."

Also, the answer when Kaz was asked about more brands joining the project is quite intriguing; if many are interested in joining the project, we could have more cars than the already existing projects. That and the fact that apparently some existing manufactures want to do more cars a la Volkswagen show that the number of VGT cars may still be growing as we speak. Not to mention that these things may tie in with hidden Pininnfarina logo on the game's website...

The VGT project could very well continue on for years if they can keep the interest in it.
They could also take player submissions. Maybe have a contest, select designer will get a design sponsorship and create the next vgt. O_o like the designer's gt academy almost.

The VGT project could very well continue on for years if they can keep the interest in it.

Well, it sure wouldn't be more of a 15th anniversary celebration if it kept going, more like a special attraction for future games... If that turns out to be true, then we will see the VGT project carry on to GT7 and future GT games.

And who knows, maybe one day they might just make a GTAcademy-esque contest to choose a player-submitted design for a Gran Turismo brand VGT car...

I don't think it was meant to be a 15th anniversary thing...

Judging by the interview, I don't think they'd take player submissions due to how complicated the conceptual designs seem to have been. The Tomahawk is a pretty good example of that. Needed highly experienced automotive engineers from the design process to explain how the car was suppose to work.

I don't think it was meant to be a 15th anniversary thing...

Judging by the interview, I don't think they'd take player submissions due to how complicated the conceptual designs seem to have been. The Tomahawk is a pretty good example of that. Needed highly experienced automotive engineers from the design process to explain how the car was suppose to work.

Well, it had that intention at first, judging from this (taken from the Gran Turismo website);

“Vision Gran Turismo” is a 15th anniversary celebration that will be hosted by Gran Turismo, car manufacturers and users around the globe.

That's what I read, at least.

I think it's beyond that now. With manufacturers apparently interested in creating more concepts, and VW already having done so...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if VGT is still active when GT7 is out.

I think it's beyond that now. With manufacturers apparently interested in creating more concepts, and VW already having done so...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if VGT is still active when GT7 is out.

Possibly, seeing as the project is growing more and more with the interest of more manufactures (and already associated ones) in making more cars.

I don't think they really need to top that. I'd like to see a modern interpration of the classic muscle car, unbounded by modern car design tropes.

so the question now is: Will any VGT top the Tomahawk X?

I'd rather not have that happen, mainly because you would have to come up with something so deranged that most players will get away from it. Not to mention that very few brands will come close to that, except for perhaps Tesla and/or Lamborghini and/or Bertone. But even those three will probably come with less raw perfomance and perhaps with a more "friendly" overall package.

I don't think they really need to top that. I'd like to see a modern interpration of the classic muscle car, unbounded by modern car design tropes.

Ford might go for that, if the original teaser's design has held up to this day. Their car looks like a modern-day hot rod...

Ford seems to be going for an open wheel racecar. I want an FR Muscle machine that goes incredibly classical in design because of how it's not a necessity to follow modern design tropes such as high beltlines, led strips and basically regulations in general.

Ford seems to be going for an open wheel racecar. I want an FR Muscle machine that goes incredibly classical in design because of how it's not a necessity to follow modern design tropes such as high beltlines, led strips and basically regulations in general.

That one is more unlikely to happen, I'm afraid. Most 'Murican car brands seem to be going for a more futuristic take (Tesla's will be an electric hypercar and Ford's might not be entirely what you're looking for, as examples). GM Design might do that, but that is equally unlikely in my eyes. Then again, their teaser is incredibly vague, so we could see just about anything from them...

Or a manfuacturer could make a greatly modifiable machine with all sorts of custom parts available for it that can change it's appearance greatly or completely.

Or a manfuacturer could make a greatly modifiable machine with all sorts of custom parts available for it that can change it's appearance greatly or completely.

Still... It's a good idea, but what's to say that PD and/or any manufacturer will do that for a VGT car? PD is already cutting interiors out just to get the cars released, will they really put more strain on themselves over additional parts?

Don't worry, I don't disagree with your idea at all. I'm just pointing out that it'll be a tricky thing to be added for a VGT car...

I have my doubts on manufacturer's willingness to design such a machine though, they're more obsessed with tributing older cars, designing uber cars, impossible dreams or just racecar versions of existing concepts. There's nothing wrong with this however and I feel that the VGT project has brought some variety in cars to GT6 since launch.

Latest Posts

Back