The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
i was thinking the same thing.

This is upsetting not because there's no new car, but because of the deafening silence! If no car coming this month it's cool, but just say so!!! :mad:

Something like: "due to some blah blah issue the next VGT will be delayed for a month"

As long as I know PD is actually working on it but something happened it's excusable. Staying silent usually means trying to hide something which caused people to expeculate

That's not a word.
No, it's a portmanteau.

This is upsetting not because there's no new car, but because of the deafening silence! If no car coming this month it's cool, but just say so!!! :mad:

Something like: "due to some blah blah issue the next VGT will be delayed for a month"

As long as I know PD is actually working on it but something happened it's excusable. Staying silent usually means trying to hide something which caused people to expeculate
Or maybe they just don't have anything to say.

It's been a while since we last saw a video of the Alpine, but it's a nice one. I really enjoyed the whole artistic approach of Alpine when they created the second video, and I have no idea why didn't they use it for the car's unveiling in lieu of the classic "corporate image" video that was used instead.

I really like the Vision GT cars and the whole concept of the project! It's great to see what car manufacturers come up with when their designers get to let their hair down and make something amazing. The one that really excites me is Lamborghini. I mean, it's Lamborghini..... Look at what we have here: Virtual money-no-object designed hypercar project......... and Lamborghini.

LAMBORGHINI.

oh man.... This is gonna be so good!!!!

I really like the Vision GT cars and the whole concept of the project! It's great to see what car manufacturers come up with when their designers get to let their hair down and make something amazing. The one that really excites me is Lamborghini. I mean, it's Lamborghini..... Look at what we have here: Virtual money-no-object designed hypercar project......... and Lamborghini.

LAMBORGHINI.

oh man.... This is gonna be so good!!!!
That is unless they pull out of the project...

It's out and about... Norev 1:43 scale Alpine Vision Gran Turismo:

80504.jpg

80504-a.jpg

80504-b.jpg

80504-c.jpg

80504-d.jpg

Yours for 50 Euros. :D

Though I'm wondering if the other two variants (matte black color and the Race Mode version) will go on sale too.

(Photos from the internet)

Last edited:
I could see the Race Mode being released at a later date, but I do not know how Norev will tackle that (if they will tackle it at all). And for 50 Euros, it's at least cheaper than the two Japanese cars (Tomica and Modeler's don't go for cheap, you know, you pay for that level of detail). Although I would like to see a larger-size version, with moving brake flaps... Call me silly if you like, but it would be an interesting detail to replicate in a car.

Oh man, I've been on holiday and now the SRT VGT seasonals are closed. Is the only way of getting them now to buy them? And if so, which of them should I be buying first?

Oh man, I've been on holiday and now the SRT VGT seasonals are closed. Is the only way of getting them now to buy them? And if so, which of them should I be buying first?
I like the S and the GTS-R, but the X is no way bearable to drive, so I'd say either buy the S or the GTS-R first.

Last edited:
VGT cars as diecast cars so far:

Alpine VGT
Nissan Concept 2020
Volkswagen GTI Roadster
Mazda LM55

Other models:

SRT Tomahawk S (Shown at Event, not for sale)
Peugeot Vision GT (Also shown at an event, also not for sale)

Last edited:
VGT cars as diecast cars so far:

Alpine VGT
Nissan Concept 2020
Volkswagen GTI Roadster
Mazda LM55
SRT Tomahawk S (One off shown that tuesday when they revealed the machines)

Well, the Tomahawk isn't really a scale model you can buy... not yet, at least. It's more SRT showcasing the car's design at the time they released it than it being a collector's item. Unless Mattel or any other toy company wants to prove me wrong...

So yeah, I did check the link of the VW VGT 1:43 scale model:

image.jpg

10,800 Yen?! Well, it's a resin model (since Spark strictly makes resin models) but it's quite steep.

Looks like I am mistaken. I thought there was discussion about GT6 in this thread. I must have mistakenly entered the die-cast collectible thread instead.

Back