The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
"myriad. When GTPlanet spoke to Kazunori Yamauchiat the Goodwood Festival of Speed, he suggested that there were more manufacturers queuing up to join the Vision GT project than the initial selection, though he couldn’t say who! "

Must be the Hyundai!

Oh for the love of... Polsixe, in order for that Hyundai concept to be a Vision GT car, you would have to hear official confirmation from PD that it is tied to the project in the first place. Not to mention that the car itself was not teased in the GT website and/or by Hyundai themselves, and it has not had a news article dedicated to it on the GT website. Therefore, by all accounts, that Hyundai Vision G is not, I repeat, it is not a Vision GT car. Heck, even Bugatti's unknown project has more credibility of being a VGT car solely based on the image posted on Twitter by Bugatti themselves!

Yes, Kazunori said that there would be more cars that will appear in the project, but Hyundai already has an entry in the VGT list since its beginning.

Last edited:
I think it's more a collaboration in the vein of the M4, Corvette Stingray, Original Ford GT, C6 ZR1 and the SLS AMG.

I think it's more a collaboration in the vein of the M4, Corvette Stingray, Original Ford GT, C6 ZR1 and the SLS AMG.

image.jpg
New Vision GT?
http://www.boldride.com/ride/2015/local-motors-gt-vision-blast-concept#gallery/4

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for the Chiron and/or GT collaboration hype. It's official; the "mysterious #imagiEBugatti project" is going to become the latest Vision GT car, to be fully unveiled at the International Motor Show in Frankfurt, between September 12th and 17th;

i1aVopeyJ0JxTcc.jpg

(That has to be one of the strangest teaser images since Hyundai's and the first Chaparral's... I get that it represents the car's "spine", but man, it also has an eerily similarity to a blue shovel. I guess Bugatti doesn't want people to know what the body looks like...)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5987253.html

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's an LMP version of either the Veyron or Chiron. The appendage near the front reminds me a lot of the antennas or pitot tubes on the nose of modern racecars. Also the shark fin has been a staple of LMP design for a while now.

In any case, I'm really looking forward to the final design :D

I'm guessing it's an LMP version of either the Veyron or Chiron. The appendage near the front reminds me a lot of the antennas or pitot tubes on the nose of modern racecars. Also the shark fin has been a staple of LMP design for a while now.

In any case, I'm really looking forward to the final design :D

I'm not sure on the LMP part but the whole car could be a preview for the Chiron in a similar vein to the Mini VGT.

I'm not sure on the LMP part but the whole car could be a preview for the Chiron in a similar vein to the Mini VGT.

Well, Achim Anscheidt, the head of Bugatti's design team does claim that the car's design will be "exaggerated and performance-oriented", so it might imply that this car would be a racing-oriented design project that hides some of the Chiron's design cues, a la Alpine. Also, this particular sentence is very interesting;

Achim Anscheidt said
“We had the clear goal of developing a vehicle which could also be driven on a real race circuit if it left the virtual world. ‘Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo’ stands for authenticity.“

Interesting words indeed, and ones that also further the theory that this project will be a racing Bugatti, something that's better suited to a race track than to a road.

Amazing how Bugatti has seemingly come out of nowhere and they're going to reveal their VGT within a month.

Why can't the rest of the remaining companies have done something similar to them in terms of timeframe...

I think it depends on when and why they plan to present it. Bugatti may have been working on this for a year, but were waiting for closer to the preview of the Chiron before announcing this. Same with MINI and the new Clubman. Even the Alpine appeared to be timed in such a fashion to at least raise the brand profile a bit prior to showing their new concept at Le Mans this year.

It's a battle royal among auto giants for the fastest virtual car imaginable! First GM comes out with the 2X, then comes Fiat (SRT) with the Tomahawk, and now VAG with their Bugatti VGT... I'm one of those who doesn't care much for the VGT project but this is actually turning out to be quite a showdown 👍

I wanted a road going-ish hypercar with silly stats, but a racecar is fine too.

I think the SRT already fills that role more or less nicely. The Bugatti can drop the crazy down a peg, and focus more on being a better drive than the Veyron. I won't say "Bugatti hypercar with less than 1000kgs kerb weight", but something that doesn't weight two tonnes and can corner with some agility would be nice enough as a starting point.

Would be very nice if it's a driveable car considering the last one that was released was a brutal monster.

Well, I'm betting on a 4WD drivetrain and a hybrid powerplant for this car, as it represents the same sort of combination that the Chiron will feature. Other than that, I'm not really sure to what level will Bugatti implement that on the VGT project. If I had to guess, I'd say around 1600hp and maybe 1400 kg kerb weight (perhaps even less if they're feeling crazy).

Back