The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Nissan 2020 VGT updated for TMS? Wonder if we'll get something new in the game...

.. wonder when we'll get the last two VGT's for that matter.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115100599744/nissan-concept-2020-vision-gran-turismo-updated-for
It looks about the same, easy grille changing job.

Although I'd reasonably put my speculation pants on that an update is planned with the Hyundai VGT (In the code already) and an update to this machine (Hopefully with sound as well).

Last edited:
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/...pt-2020-vision-gran-turismo-and-more-in-tokyo

Interior!

full

full

full

full

full

full

full
'

full

full

full

full

full

full

The 2020 is still butt-:censored:ing-ugly no matter how many changes are done to it. :yuck:

Even if we get it in game, it still won't have an interior because PD reasons.

The fact that sketches have an interior do not really mean much yet, when you consider the whole backstory of VGT cars which have had their interiors previewed via sketches and yet lack them within their ingame models. At best, it might be a possible prelude to the way it'll look come GT7 (if the plan to Premium-rize all VGT cars comes to fruition).

As for the remainder of the modifications, they're subtle touches. The new red definitely looks the part, bright and lively, and the new "V-Motion" front grille is an improvement compared to the uglier (and smaller) old version which was featured in the original project. Of course, it's still a polarizing design to say the least, having seen some of the responses to it...

You know it actually looks better now that they've made the rear end body colour.

Edit: Nevermind it's always been that way.

Guess I'll mark October 29th as a noteworthy date.

Last edited:
The fact that sketches have an interior do not really mean much yet, when you consider the whole backstory of VGT cars which have had their interiors previewed via sketches and yet lack them within their ingame models. At best, it might be a possible prelude to the way it'll look come GT7 (if the plan to Premium-rize all VGT cars comes to fruition).
This. People forget that interior and exterior design are both separate processes that require huge amounts of time, so if they waited until the interior was finalized before releasing the car to the public, it would take even longer.

This. People forget that interior and exterior design are both separate processes that require huge amounts of time, so if they waited until the interior was finalized before releasing the car to the public, it would take even longer.

Not to mention that some brands did not even submit actual interior designs to PD when they sent their fully finished car design, and Kaz did mention just that in his Goodwood interview. At best, those brands may send full interior designs later, but again, it is not known whether that will indeed happen or not. The VGT project is already long-winded as it is thanks to a multitude of factors (PD's own delays and the time which is spent by the brands to complete the designs), so trying to implement interiors during said time will only lengthen the delay between the design phase and the ingame implementation phase.

Of course, it is not wise for PD to release Premium-level cars without a Premium-level interior detail attached to it, but that is a whole different story...

Is it just me or are we waiting for the next VGT car longer than expected?
Yep, you have a point there when comparing the history of VGT releases.

Brief list - days taken from first official news on GT website (either teaser or full) to release:
Merc - 21
Merc RS - 0
BMW - 0
Mitsu - 0
VW - 33
Nissan - 39
Aston - 29
Toyota - 41
Subaru - 13
Chappy - 36
Infin - 8
Mazda - 0
Mini - 1
Alpine - 54
Lexus - 48
VW SS - 13
Peugeot - 25
SRT - 27

So excluding the instant release cars (incuding the Mini with 1 day) and also ignoring mulitples (Alpine, SRT), there's 13 models over 387 days.
Average = 30 days.
Bugatti first teased 19th Aug.
Hyundai first teased 26th Aug.

Or you could look at it from days taken from real world reveal to GT release:
Merc - 14
VW - 20
Nissan - 29
Aston - 28
Chappy - 28
Infiniti - 4 months
Alpine - 49

So ignoring the Infiniti (4 months), we get 168 days for 6 models.
Average = 28 days.
Both Bugatti and Hyundai real world reveal 15 Sept.

I guess it depends on which set of numbers you choose to use. :sly:
But 'waiting longer than usual' seems a fair call to me.

The 2020 is still butt-:censored:ing-ugly no matter how many changes are done to it. :yuck:

Even if we get it in game, it still won't have an interior because PD reasons.

I disagree with you on the looks of the Nissan. It has a unique flair to it, and because of that, I am ok with how it looks.

PD reasons? As far as I know, no one has any concrete evidence to as why some of the VGT's lack interior modeling. Did I miss something?

PD reasons? As far as I know, no one has any concrete evidence to as why some of the VGT's lack interior modeling. Did I miss something?

Well, there is an interview, made at Goodwood with Kazunori himself, where he does state the following;

GTPlanet: None of the VGT cars so far has had a full interior cockpit view. Why is that?

Yamauchi: This time around when we’ve been doing the current VGT cars, the schedule has been very tight between the design and the actual release of the cars, so often there wasn’t enough time to model them. On other occasions the manufacturer hasn’t really provided us with an interior. But we intend to implement interiors for all of the VGT cars.

The full interview can be found here: https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-interview-vision-gt/

Well the Nissan atleast now has a proper interior to model. Some VGT cars have literally no interior design, like all three Tomahawks.

Imagine if the update version of the Nissan 2020 VGT doesn't get an interior.
It likely won't, until the next game atleast. Unless PD plans to update the entire selection of VGT cars now that they've finished everything else.

So he's trying to show us pictures from all these artists under the idea that these could be real VGT designs?

I still felt awed when I raced that Chaparral VGT car. Texas' own (Midland) Chaparral, of course. The way the car gets up to speed is absolutely scary. It is also rather quiet compared to something like the Red Bull prototypes. The cockpit view is very cool for that Chaparral.

Only other VGT car I recently bought was that Lexus LF-LC GT. This is a great car with some rather nice handling. The car even emits bright bluish silver LED lighting. I tested out that when I raced Special Stage Route 5 with this car. I really mostly bought it because I liked those holographic brush strokes on the car.

I want to add the SRT Tomahawk to my garage. While I want to get one of them, part of me wants to get all three.

Back