The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
The showroom of the VGT Cars is awesome!
Dunno why PD don't make them as option for the 'Gallery View' (even for photomode locations):
E6598Pn.jpg

odOEOgN.jpg

xfqfVDQ.jpg

pics of diegorborges

iVsFIhP3gMg3s.gif

Last edited:
Decided to do some VGT racing online and got a few random takers who luckily enough hopped into a varying array of VGT cars without much asking or prodding on my part (didn't want to do a one-make series, I wanted to see how they all raced against each other).
SE4Ew0i.jpg

Above is the start of the first of two races at Brands Hatch. There's a second BMW behind the one shown above for four cars total. I (in the Mercedes) miffed the start which let the Mitsu and BMW get the jump. The second BMW also had a bad start...

tekizdw.jpg

The Mitsubishi's driver wasn't quite used the car or the track... or racing in GT6 in general and spun in the first turn seen here. He was well out of my way, but the second BMW decided to ricochet off me to help make it through the turn since "Hurrrr ammah movin' faster den yew". You can see how that worked out for me.

Ended up that I had left boost on "Weak" and didn't realize it. I caught up with both BMW's and won the race when the Hurr-Durr driver that bounced me off the track couldn't handle his car and went off into the grass then rage-quit. Oh well.

GsOiUI2.jpg

Next race at Big Willow. New driver, but another BMW. After a very fierce and competitve qualifying round which saw my Mercedes and the Black BMW going neck and neck for several laps, we lined up where...

V8zUojV.jpg

...I miffed the start again. Boost was off this time and the long straights played into the Merc's main advantage: Power. The striped-BMW bounced the Mitsu before we were even 1/4 way through the first lap (He sent that poor Mitsu driver all the way to the edge of the map. Real rotten stuff). To the Mitsubishi drivers credit, he stayed in the race for awhile but eventually both he and the Striped BMW quit when the Black BMW and I pulled away.

By the end of the race I had a sizeable gap between the Bimmer and my Merc, so I recommend restricting to about 600-605PP if you want to run VGT races and not have the Mercedes run away with it. Or leave Boost on Weak, or avoid tracks dominated by straights.

All in all, the VGT cars ran pretty well together and could probably make a pretty interesting racing series if given a little development with drivers on a similar level of ability. Would anyone be interested? I was thinking of doing something that featured a bit more of a fun and arcade style of racing that uses SRF and Weak Boost (or Draft or both) to make a VGT "Ridge Racer" series.

The front has design elements that I hope make it to production Mitsubishis in the future.

EDIT: I just now remembered that it's actually an awesome-er version of this concept:

mitsubishi-concept-xr-phev-front-three-quarters.jpg

So it looks like that all of the VGTs so far (apart from the Mercedes) are heavily based on a pre-existing car.

Last edited:
The only things I find odd about the car is that it has insane oversteer while braking... and that the forward (relative to direction of travel) wheels always have most of the torque. Going forward? Front wheels have more torque. Going backward? Back wheels have more torque. I found maxing the AYC is the way to go for this car, too. It's nice to drive, anyway!

I hate to say this, but the Mitsubishi Vision GT looks too much like a Honda to me than a Mitsubishi. It does come in a beautiful red color (Diamond Red), though. There is nothing too special about this car after taking it around that Matterhorn course in that Seasonal. Nothing too impressive to me about this car.

In case anyone's curious and it also hasn't been mentioned yet, painting either the Diamond White or Diamond Grey cars with the Diamond red chip keeps the red bits red--for those wanting red without the chrome. That said, there's probably a similar red (perhaps from the Evo X?) that doesn't cost a cool million. I sold two and canned the third because the car and the class that it fits into don't interest me in the least...I just wanted the paints. :lol:

The front has design elements that I hope make it to production Mitsubishis in the future.

EDIT: I just now remembered that it's actually an awesome-er version of this concept:

mitsubishi-concept-xr-phev-front-three-quarters.jpg

So it looks like that all of the VGTs so far (apart from the Mercedes) are heavily based on a pre-existing car.
Not really, the most unique one from a separate model standpoint has been the Mercedes.

Decided to do some VGT racing online and got a few random takers who luckily enough hopped into a varying array of VGT cars without much asking or prodding on my part (didn't want to do a one-make series, I wanted to see how they all raced against each other).
SE4Ew0i.jpg

Above is the start of the first of two races at Brands Hatch. There's a second BMW behind the one shown above for four cars total. I (in the Mercedes) miffed the start which let the Mitsu and BMW get the jump. The second BMW also had a bad start...

tekizdw.jpg

The Mitsubishi's driver wasn't quite used the car or the track... or racing in GT6 in general and spun in the first turn seen here. He was well out of my way, but the second BMW decided to ricochet off me to help make it through the turn since "Hurrrr ammah movin' faster den yew". You can see how that worked out for me.

Ended up that I had left boost on "Weak" and didn't realize it. I caught up with both BMW's and won the race when the Hurr-Durr driver that bounced me off the track couldn't handle his car and went off into the grass then rage-quit. Oh well.

GsOiUI2.jpg

Next race at Big Willow. New driver, but another BMW. After a very fierce and competitve qualifying round which saw my Mercedes and the Black BMW going neck and neck for several laps, we lined up where...

V8zUojV.jpg

...I miffed the start again. Boost was off this time and the long straights played into the Merc's main advantage: Power. The striped-BMW bounced the Mitsu before we were even 1/4 way through the first lap (He sent that poor Mitsu driver all the way to the edge of the map. Real rotten stuff). To the Mitsubishi drivers credit, he stayed in the race for awhile but eventually both he and the Striped BMW quit when the Black BMW and I pulled away.

By the end of the race I had a sizeable gap between the Bimmer and my Merc, so I recommend restricting to about 600-605PP if you want to run VGT races and not have the Mercedes run away with it. Or leave Boost on Weak, or avoid tracks dominated by straights.

All in all, the VGT cars ran pretty well together and could probably make a pretty interesting racing series if given a little development with drivers on a similar level of ability. Would anyone be interested? I was thinking of doing something that featured a bit more of a fun and arcade style of racing that uses SRF and Weak Boost (or Draft or both) to make a VGT "Ridge Racer" series.
Very creative. :)👍

I'm just gonna make this observation:

BMW - May 15th
Mitsubishi - May 30th
VW - Mid-June

The VGT 's seem to be forming a 2-week release pattern, I hope it keeps up...

I hope more future models will be completely original and not based on the design of a recent concept... Peugeot's silhouette looks a bit like the shape of the Onyx, and the Honda looks a little NSX-ish, but most of the rest look largely-original. I'm super excited to see the seemingly-ridiculous spaceship-like creations from Bertone (hopefully) and Alpine, the un-restrained creativity possible from Alfa Romeo, and Tesla's creation, considering they only make two cars currently... The new shape Aston Martin showed has piqued my interest, too...

Just look at that showroom quality. I know some of you stress out that EVERY car should have interior in GTPS4 but are you really wanting to risk less cars to drive just because of that when the exterior is absolutely stunning?

Just look at that showroom quality. I know some of you stress out that EVERY car should have interior in GTPS4 but are you really wanting to risk less cars to drive just because of that when the exterior is absolutely stunning?
For me personally? Yes, I would. I play a sim in order to simulate the real thing. That's why I use a wheel and pedals and only drive in cockpit view. Without an interior the feeling of simulation is completely lost. twenty years ago this may have been forgivable, but in this day and age there is no excuse for a driving/racing sim to not have an interior.

SE4Ew0i.jpg

tekizdw.jpg

GsOiUI2.jpg

V8zUojV.jpg

It's things like this that make me love GT. :drool:

For me personally? Yes, I would. I play a sim in order to simulate the real thing. That's why I use a wheel and pedals and only drive in cockpit view. Without an interior the feeling of simulation is completely lost. twenty years ago this may have been forgivable, but in this day and age there is no excuse for a driving/racing sim to not have an interior.
It's funny...drive WITH cockpit, for me, the simulation is lost...My wheel and my pedals ARE my cockpit...

The Mitsu VGT can use dirt and snow tire, has anyone tried that?

Pity that there's only one event series in off line mode.

Did some more VGT racing online tonight. Multiple races with multiple drivers which was a much better gauge of their performance together than the last time I posted above (which was only two very poor races). All three cars are actually quite competitive with the Mitsubishi seeming like the fastest. It'd probably need a bit of a weight penalty to be brought in line. Otherwise all three cars seem to be right on par with each other when in equal hands.

jBOK9Cg.jpg

3YBwUnW.jpg

wsPLH4r.jpg

WqaTfu5.jpg

Lti5DPY.jpg

lRBLFwA.jpg

qRVg1KK.jpg

I can't wait to see if and how the Volkswagen runs with them since it seems like it'll have pretty similar power levels.

More pictures here:
Post Your Latest GT6 Photos Here

Last edited:
Since the Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision GT will arrive in mid-June, it would likely be an "early virtual birthday gift" for me.

TOYOTA VISION GRAN TURISMO
Just came across this possibly regarding Toyota's VGT project. According to this the VGT could be basically a racing of the updated FT-1 Concept. The new concept is apparently to determine whether to green-light a production version or not. We may see a SuperGT-esque race car based on it.

It is pure speculation of course but how GTP loves that!

WorldCarFans
According to Motor Trend's July issue, Toyota has decided to create another full-scale model of the FT-1 concept albeit in a different colour.
If that's not exciting enough, there's also word that the company could be working a "hotter" wide-body racing variant. Little is known about it but the magazine believes it could be part of a tie-in with Gran Turismo 6 and / or the Super GT series.

Also, the teaser sketch ties in with it nicely.

i1q52NxAXTToRSB.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing the photos @Snaeper put on here makes me wish that PD creates a event creator or puts a VGT series of races in a update.

Seeing the photos @Snaeper put on here makes me wish that PD creates a event creator or puts a VGT series of races in a update.

I'll be making an online racing series here for the cars shortly. They need very little in the way of adjustments to compete against each other. The thing I like about them is that all of their strenghts are coupled with weaknesses that offset them and balance them out, thus only minor adjustments should be made to any one model to bring them all in line.

From what it sounds like, the Toyota will be another car that's closely spec'd with these three (four, VW?), which makes me believe there might very well be a Vision GT racing series event created once more cars are released in game.

Although not all VGT cars may be performance balanced like so. The standard Mercedes AMG wouldn't be able to compete since it cannot be made faster and doesn't have the aero assistance. This leaves a very good possibility of other cars being released that are not coherent.

Latest Posts

Back