The Weekly Drift Series: Week 2 -- RESULTS POSTED!!!

Please select your TWO favourite clips. Voters DQ'd for selecting more than two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
wdsbannerj.jpg

Weekly Drift Series - Week 2
2001 and Prior FR's at Midfield II
selected by Swift

Polling Changes:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is a repeat winner from the previous week, I'll ask the second place finisher to pick a theme/location for a future WDS. Also, if you win on a week where you chose the theme/location, I'll let the second place finisher have their pick for a future week.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured with track cam or dive cam, as well as with chase cam + display
  • Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
  • Entrant PM's me the link to their video before the next Saturday.
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify. NEW
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (Saturday or Sunday).
  • 1 week of voting to determine winner.
  • Winner selects a theme/location for a future WDS.
I hope that gives everyone a good impression of the idea behind this competition, and how it will be run. But since it's new there may still be some bugs to work out. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please ask either here, or by PM-ing me.

Please begin capturing somewhere in the straight before the right hand sweeper. End the video somewhere in the straight after the dual-apex left.

WDS2-Midfield.jpg

Theme:
Use any FR built in 2001 or earlier.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, September 30th.

Entrants:
Drift2XS
Midnight Runner
Ske
~Drift King~
GEETOWN_DRIFTER
360-D1
eds040
LGforce - withdrew
TRi
BL
SMOKEY BANDIT
Sheron
Geoff
HackiRoku
Pink_the_Floyd - withdrew
nos2
H_S2000
Suzuki

Swift - demo???

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Results:

Code:
1st    Video 5     Ske                11 votes
2nd    Video 8     Geoff              7 votes
3rd    Video 13    360-D1             6 votes
4th    Video 3     Boundary Layer     5 votes
5th    Video 1     GEETOWN_DRIFTER    3 votes
---    Video 9     nos2               3 votes
7th    Video 4     Midnight Runner    2 votes
---    Video 7     TRi                2 votes
---    Video 12    SMOKEY BANDIT      2 votes
10th   Video 2     Drift2XS           1 vote
----   Video 6     HackiRoku          1 vote
----   Video 10    Sheron             1 vote
----   Video 11    Suzuki             1 vote
----   Video 14    H_S2000            1 vote
----   Video 15    ~Drift King~       1 vote
Congrats on your second win Ske, and thanks to everyone for the great videos submitted this week. It kept things tight. 👍

Thanks to Sheron and Suzuki for using the same car. :D That battle ended in a 1-1 draw.

And no one got shut out either. Everyone broke the goose egg. Good stuff.

Because Ske won last week, Geoff will be awarded to right to pick a theme and location for WDS Week 5 for finishing second.

Sweet, another competition already.

May I be the first to say..... SIGN ME UP! 👍

Another track I have not drifted, this will be another learning experiance. :)

I had my first go at the corners. That sweeper is hard, can anyone give me any advice to be able to hold my drift for the whole corner? I gotta get some pratice on these corners. :)

Are you stalling part way through, or flying off track about 2/3rds through it?

Assuming the former, attempt it at fairly low angle first until you can hold that the whole distance, then just gradually increase the angle on each attempt.

i should be in. got a somewhat busy week though. trying to help a friend weld his diff :)
if i find the time, im in.

^

I'll put you and I down as definite maybe's then. My week isn't looking so hot either.

I've already recieved one pretty strong video from one of the entrants. Suprised it was done so soon, but glad that there's a genuine interest in the WDS.

^

I'll put you and I down as definite maybe's then. My week isn't looking so hot either.

I've already recieved one pretty strong video from one of the entrants. Suprised it was done so soon, but glad that there's a genuine interest in the WDS.

sounds good.
thats great that theres intrest, but the true test will be, will the WDS survive for 5+ weeks. its a great idea because it cuts down on time needed to get a decent run. intrest is strong also, but usually all competitions are like that. so we will see. hopefully we will see a ton of intrest for the span of 40+ weeks like the wds.
im already thinking of a car for this track, but im not sure what year it is exactly. ill have to check tomorrow night.

Are you stalling part way through, or flying off track about 2/3rds through it?

Assuming the former, attempt it at fairly low angle first until you can hold that the whole distance, then just gradually increase the angle on each attempt.

Well, I get my drift going alright, but I just can't seem to drift the whole thing. I start going straight again before the corner is over. I don't really want to submit a video like that. I will try different angles like you said BL. Thanks for the help. :)

Would more power help? I drift cars with low power, like 200bhp - 300.

I have drifted the final corner at Tsukuba, which is quite long. It took me awhile. I will just have to keep trying. 👍

Well, I get my drift going alright, but I just can't seem to drift the whole thing. I start going straight again before the corner is over. I don't really want to submit a video like that. I will try different angles like you said BL. Thanks for the help. :)

Would more power help? I drift cars with low power, like 200bhp - 300.

that's plenty of power
follow the raceline and try stretching out your gearing a little if you find yourself coming out of the powerband

glad to see the high amount of interest. I'll try to put together a "demo" of the corners. But no promises as my week is tight. :scared:

i ' m in !! :dopey:
i ask my friend today about sending a maxdrive file for him to make a good vid'.

this time i' ll try my best to get those corners linked :scared:
seems like this line is less narrow than the trial mountain one but it ' s gonna be tough keeping the drift this lenght...

TRi
that's plenty of power
follow the raceline and try stretching out your gearing a little if you find yourself coming out of the powerband

Thanks for the advice TRi and BL. :) I have chosen a different car, which seems better. I have got two alright replay's. Don't know how good I am going to be able to get this one. I am not that great at the long sweeper corners. It is an interesting choice though, would love to see what Swift can do since he is the one that choose them. :sly:

I will try a few more runs, see if I can get something better. 👍

the choice of the track is really good : the replay track cams are allright too 👍 ...

i found a car who was able to get the link in wds1 a bit late but i feel so good with it and all this room on the track that i' m going to get it look like it' s not me :D

now i' m outmouthed :D , i have no choice but doing it well :nervous: !!
( in french we say : " je m'enflamme! " :) )

and my friend says it should be ok for the replay.

Gah, this is driving me nuts. I spent way too long away from this game. I spent one-and-a-half hours on this thing this afternoon trying to string anything together. Then, I thought I was about to get it but I hooked a wheel in the grass on the exit and it took me for a loop. :ouch:

Hopefully I get it. I have to try and make up for that embarassment I submitted last week. But, there's no more time left for it today...I hate knowing when I have more important things to get done...

Latest Posts

Back