The worst GT Sport DLC cars .

Greece
Greece
Giorgos_Ferrari
Gran Turismo Sport has had the biggest number of DLC cars of the franchise to date (170 as of this posting). That number is actually 169, because the Racing kart 125 shifter was listed as a new car in the official patch notes for update 1.28, obviously thats false as that car is available since day 1 and only the acquisition method changed. That aside, some missed the mark but which were the worst and why?.In order to find out, I had to set some solid critiria. Specifically:
• Real money requirement
• In-game price
• Class range
• Max specs stock/fully upgraded (when needed)
• BOP (when needed)
• Usefulness (*except open lobbys)
• Customization or lack thereof
• The DLC pack these cars were a part of
*Note: open lobby use won't count because, for example, some people run a league racing Fiat 500s everyday. But that won't change the fact it’s the slowest car in the game.

Honorable mentions
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata Da Zagato CN.AR750106 1965
Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 1963
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept 1959
Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT 1962
Ferrari 330 P4 1967
Ford Mark IV 1967
Jaguar D-Type 1954
Jaguar XJ13 1966
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 1964

These are some of the greatest cars of all time and some of my personal favorites. That’s why they didn't make the list. However, with prices ranging from 5 all the way up to 20 million credits only to be used in a single GT League event, one-make custom races and very rarely in Sport Mode, the grind required is just not worth it.

Pagani Zonda R 2009
The car is not bad per se, as the handling isn't bad, but it’s not what I expected from a car like this. However, the biggest disappointment is the sound. I can't actually describe how disappointed I really was... I understand that this car is too loud, noise limits etc., but other developers were able to record the actual car. And even if we put that aside, it’s not even a good recording of the regular 7.3 Zonda.

Toyota GR Supra RZ 2020
The car is different enough to not make it on the list, but its still fairly similar to the 2019 Supra and it’s the fourth to last new car we have received so far.

Now on to the list:

• Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo LH Edition
Real money requirment - Yes (7.99€)
In game price - None
Class range - Group X
Max specs stock/Fully upgraded - Same as the regular Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
BOP - Same as the regular Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
Usefulness - Same as the regular Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
Customization - Already customized from the “Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge” DLC pack

The only car on this list (and the entire game) requiring real money for the chance of getting it. Even if you do manage to get it, all you get is a Mercedes VGT with a very basic livery and a different rear wing. Ιs that really worth it? To put that into context, you could buy the same car for 1 million credits in game and if, for whatever reason, you want to spent real money on cars, you could buy 2+1 actually useful cars, with the most expensive 2.99 option. Never mind, all the other possible combos.

• Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS Lounge 2008
Real money requirment - No
In game price - 23.300
Class range - N100-N200
Stock - 105 HP, 162 Nm of torque, 949 kg
Fully upgraded - 185 HP, 285 Nm of torque, 919 kg
BOP - 134 Hp 207 Nm of torque 1.212 kg.
Usefulness - Some GT League events like N100-N200, one-make custom races, occasional Sport Mode races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - February 2020 (3 cars)

I have nothing against the 500, it’s one of my favorite cars of all time and I don't think it’s a duplicate like so many people did when it was added as it’s quite different to the Abarth 500. But the timing was just the worst, because not only it was added in one of the smallest DLC packs, but also the last pack as of this posting. At the time there was speculation these could be the last cars the game will get. Thankfully, that didn't turn out to be true. On the competitive side, it can't really compete either because, you might not have noticed, but even in N100 the competition has become quite stiff. Even if the BOP is decent, there are far better choices on the same BOP range
Abarth 500
Abarth Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1
Honda FIT Hybrid
Mazda Demio XD Touring
Mazda MX-5 NA
Mazda MX-5 ND
Porsche 356 A Speedster
Suzuki Swift Sport
Toyota Sprinter Trueno\Corolla Levin AE86
Toyota SF-R
Volkswagen Golf I GTi
also due to the FF layout, even cars with worse BOP could outrun it on most tracks.

• Fiat 500 F 1968
In game price - 21.000
Class range - N100
Usefulness - One make custom/Sport Mode races
Customization - Below standard
DLC pack - May 2018 (9 cars & 1 track)

Almost the same case with the newer 500, but what gives it a better place is that despite being the slowest car in the game, no one expected it to be competitive. It was included pretty early on, in one of the best updates with the return of Le Mans and Group C, but honestly Polyphony should've saved it for GT7.

• Volkswagen SambaBus Typ 2 1962
In game price - 75.000
Class range - N100
Usefulness - Useful for the Beetle and Sumbabus Festa GT League event, one-make custom/Sport Mode races
Customization Standard
DLC pack - December 2017 (12 cars)

It might hold a special spot as the only bus of this game and the entire series, but at the end of the day it’s still a bus. While it’s used as a livery canvas and to do funny stuff, it dosen't fit in the concept of this game.

• Volkswagen 1200 1966
In game price - 40.000
Class range - N100
Usefulness - Useful for the Beetle and Sumbabus Festa GT League event, one-make custom/Sport Mode races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - August 2018 (9 cars & 1 track)

It might be an industry legend, but even that couldn't save the Beetle as it’s slightly better but very similar to the Sambabus.

• Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T I 1952
In game price - 1.000.000
Class range - N100-N200
Stock – 116 HP, 154 Nm of torque, 809 kg
Fully upgraded - 200 HP, 265 Nm of torque, 783 kg
BOP - 126 HP, 167.9 Nm of torque, 1070 kg
Usefulness - Some GT League events like N100-N200, one-make custom races, occasional Sport Mode races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - August 2018 (9 cars & 1 track)

Added alongside the Beetle, the only reason it gets a better position is because it has a better chance of being competitive in races. However, it makes on the list because for 1 million credits, you could buy a bunch of more useful cars.

• Renault R8 Gordini 1966
In game price - 80.000
Class range - Group X
Usefulness - Useful for the Competition De France GT League event, one-make custom/Sport Mode races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - April 2019 (5 cars)

It’s a shame to include the Gordini on this list, as it’s really fun to drive on tarmac or dirt. But being wrongfully sentenced to inprisonment in Group X doesn't help its case.

• Renault Megane R.S Trophy Safety Car
In game price - 5.000 Mileage Points
Class range - Group X
Usefulness - Some GT League events, one-make custom/Sport Mode races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - December 2019

You may think: "Why only this one and not the other 2 included with it?". ,Well the others are real life police cars, but all PD had to do for cars like this Megane is add safety car lights as a customization option.(For the record, the M4 and AMG GT safety cars would've been included if they were DLC cars).

• Toyota Corolla Levin 3Door 1600GT Apex 1983
In game price - 25.000
Class range - N100-N200
Stock - 167 HP, 135.6 Nm of torque, 874 kg
Fully upgraded - 247 HP, 288 Nm of torque, 856 kg
BOP - 135 HP, 156.4 Nm of torque, 1.146 kg
Usefulness - Some GT League events like N100-N200, one-make custom races/occasional Sport Mode races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - August 2019 (5 cars + rainy conditions for Red Bull Ring)

Boy, did I get a lot of 🤬 about voicing my disdain for this addition...
Credit where its due, this is the most useful car of the list so far, as it’s one of the better N100 competitors and can even go up to the top end of N200. So, why is it on the list? Simply because, apart from so cosmetic differences, you can get the exact same things from the Sprinter Trueno. Sure, it was added in a decent JDM themed update and that took attention from it, but all it did was fuel my fears of the clean-up we saw in GT Sport's car list: being temporarily and someday all of the duplicates will return.

• Renault Sport Clio 220 EDC Trophy 2016
Real money requirement - No
In game price - 35.000
Class range - N100-N200
Stock - 262 HP, 333.5 Nm of torque, 1.143 kg
Fully upgraded - 345 HP, 440 Nm of torque, 1.069 kg
BOP - 200 HP, 255 Nm of torque, 1228 kg
Usefulness - In the Clio Cup as other GT League events like N200-N300, one-make races /occasional Sport Mode races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - May 2018 (9 cars & 1 track)

Added alongside the 1968 Fiat 500, this car is not hopeless. In fact it could be quite useful. There's a problem however: the 2015 model that's already included since day 1 is 25kg lighter while having the same power and torque, except if they are fully tuned, in which case the 2016 model gains 24 HP and 39.8 Nm of torque.

• Mercedes-AMG W08 EQ Power+ Colour Varietion 2017
I don't even need to check the critiria for it. Ιt’s a literal duplicate, only added because of a design flaw in the livery editor. But it’s still a modern F1 car and it came in the same pack.

• BMW Motorsport BMW M3 GT 2011
In game price - 450.000
Class range - Group 3
Usefulness - In the Gr.3 Cup and Gr.3 Endurance Series GT League events, Gr.3 and one-make custom/Sport Mode races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - Semptember 2018 (9 cars & 1 track)

The slowest Gr.3 car in the game, through no fault of its own as it’s essentially a modefied GT2 car stuck in a group with GT3 cars. Furthermore, it shares the engine sound file with the Z4 GT3 (Dispite these 2 cars sharing the same engine in real life, they sound quite different). So, there is nothing to make the car stand out. They should've save it for GT7.

• Emil Frey Racing Lexus RC F GT3 2017
In game price - 450.000
Class range – Gr.3
Usefulness - In the Gr.3 Cup and Gr.3 Endurance Series GT League events, Gr.3 and one-make custom/Sport Mode races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - March 2018 (13 cars, 1 track + VR functionality for time trials)

Before you think I've suffered some kind of brain damage hear me out. Yes, the RC F is one of the best Gr.3 cars in the game. It has slightly more power and torque than the prototype, plus it was part of the best update released for this game, in my opinion. But it was an obvious addition and its so similar to the prototype it was kind of disappointing. It’s also the only "new" actual GT3 car we got since release, which doesn't exactly help .

• Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
In game price - 450.000
Class range – Gr.3
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - July 2018 (8 cars, 1 track + the ability to make custom liveries on helmets and suits + avatars available in scapes)

Im not even going to talk about how this test version came out 4 years after the regular version (apparently, this was supposed to be a racing modification for the normal GT in GT5). Why would they do that from scratch instead of upgrading the already existing lighter one is beyond me, but PD does what PD wants. However even though the car isn't bad as it qualified for the World Championships many times, i’m saying enough with nostalgia: this car is available in 4 other games across 2 consoles and it screams late 2000s GT1 car. So, either make a different class for it or upgrade it to spec III already.

• All 2008 Super GT GT500 cars.
In game price - 800.000
Class range – Gr.2
Usefulness - Useful for the All Japan GT Championship GT League event, Gr.2 custom races/Sport Mode races and one-make custom races
Customization - Standard
DLC pack - November 2018 (9 cars & 1 track)

I like these cars,but both are hopelessly slow compared to the 2016 GT500 cars and they don't sound right either. The SC430 uses the same sound as the RC F GT3 (which is incorrect to begin with). The sound of the GT-R is not completely new either - you can notice the sound used in the PS3 games at high revs. And the NSX uses a the sound of the 92 Type R but louder .
Simply put these cars waren't ready for release.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to catch a bit of flak for this but this whole thread concept just seems to be a whole lot of complaining with little purpose behind it.

Personally I still think the sheer amount of free DLC we ended up getting for GT Sport was an absolute miracle. I don't really play the game anymore because it's kind of gotten old for me after years of playing it, but to this day I'm still impressed by the sheer variety of stuff they added after the base game came out.

Let's take a look at some of the post-launch DLC that other games which are often compared to GT Sport offer you. For $12.99 CAD, one of the cheaper DLC packs is the 2020 GTWC pack. You get two EVO updates of cars that were already in the game's tiny vehicle roster, you get some liveries, you get Imola (which is a track featured in the original game as base content), you get some driver names and that's about it. Meanwhile in GT Sport land you get everything that came out after launch for the game, minus the Lewis Hamilton stuff, for $0.00 CAD (excluding any optional purchases).

I think the only game that really compares DLC-wise is Project CARS 2, but even that can get pricey with 4 different 13 dollar packs. You could easily pick up the entirety of GT Sport used or on one of its frequent sales for much less.

What I'm trying to get at is PD gave us enough stuff for free to keep us busy for years, and instead a sizable portion of the fanbase wants to sit around complaining about things that they didn't have to spend any of their money on. Sure, complaining about the performance downgrades of a potential GT7 PS4 port is a justified complaint, but being hyper-critical about free DLC doesn't seem right to me.

• Mercedes-AMG W08 EQ Power+ Colour Varietion 2017
I don't even need to check the critiria for it. Ιt’s a literal duplicate, only added because of a design flaw in the livery editor. But it’s still a modern F1 car and it came in the same pack.
Also a company not letting you paint a car in the Livery Editor isn't a design flaw, it's clearly a product of the licensing agreement.

Last edited:
• Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo LH Edition
Real money requirment - Yes (7.99€)
In game price - None
Class range - Group X
Max specs stock/Fully upgraded - Same as the regular Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
BOP - Same as the regular Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
Usefulness - Same as the regular Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
Customization - Already customized from the “Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge” DLC pack

The only car on this list (and the entire game) requiring real money for the chance of getting it. Even if you do manage to get it, all you get is a Mercedes VGT with a very basic livery and a different rear wing. Ιs that really worth it? To put it under context, you could buy the same car for 1 million credits in game and if, for whatever reason, you want to spent real money on cars, you could buy 2+1 actually useful cars, with the most expensive 2.99 option. Never mind, all the other possible combos.
I don't think the car is important here, it's what it represents. No other car in the game is awarded for driving achievements so it's the rarest unicorn and a bit of a status symbol. It comes with at least $100 million cashback too which sweetens the deal.

Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT 1962
Don't talk nasty about this beautiful car, it has done nothing to hurt you.

I don't think the car is important here, it's what it represents. No other car in the game is awarded for driving achievements so it's the rarest unicorn and a bit of a status symbol. It comes with at least $100 million cashback too which sweetens the deal.

Agreed, the LH car basically comes with 5 other 20m Unicorns in the trunk. 👍

Yeah the GT4 Supra is going to wind up as being the ultimate unicorn.

I suspect PD will forget about it. So if you didnt particpate in the survey here with the rest of us you're never getting it.

The only really bad DLC cars are dupes or just minor model year facelifts (e.g. Clio RS is the obvious one). Everything else has value. In every new GT game, some of the cars that I always look forward to buying/driving are Fiat 500 (original) and Citroen 2CV. No, I'm not joking. There's something charming about driving something ultra slow in a racing game. Puts into perspective how far automotive technology has come and how even "normal" road cars now seem like supercars back to those early cars.

I agree the multi million dollar cars are wasted if you don't have time to grind, but that's a problem with the game economy, not the cars.

The BMW M3 is one of the fastest cars in a straight line btw. Beaten only by the trinity of F1 GTR, Peugeot VGT and Ford GT. Next time there's a race at Tokyo East or Sarthe No Chicane, take it out. You'll be surprised how competitive it is ;)

The RCF non-proto is a lot different compared to the proto too. Much less understeery and kinder on tyres. Fuel is about the same but grid launch is worse. So it's far from being a simple copy paste. On the other hand, the two BMW M6s are identical performance wise but the Walkenhorst has extra foglights at the front to justify the inclusion.

The older race cars in Gr.3 and Gr.2, just needs to be in a different class. Again it's a problem with PD's grouping system, not the cars themselves.

Last edited:
First of all my apologies for not responding the email notifications didn't work for some resson.
but this whole thread concept just seems to be a whole lot of complaining with little purpose behind it.
There is no purpose behind it im simply stating my opinion .
Personally I still think the sheer amount of free DLC we ended up getting for GT Sport was an absolute miracle. I don't really play the game anymore because it's kind of gotten old for me after years of playing it, but to this day I'm still impressed by the sheer variety of stuff they added after the base game came out.

Let's take a look at some of the post-launch DLC that other games which are often compared to GT Sport offer you. For $12.99 CAD, one of the cheaper DLC packs is the 2020 GTWC pack. You get two EVO updates of cars that were already in the game's tiny vehicle roster, you get some liveries, you get Imola (which is a track featured in the original game as base content), you get some driver names and that's about it. Meanwhile in GT Sport land you get everything that came out after launch for the game, minus the Lewis Hamilton stuff, for $0.00 CAD (excluding any optional purchases).
Im not doubting that as if that wasen't the case i would have a small portion of the present content but like with everything in life some things are worse than others. For example the game dosen't have any Celicas one of Toyota's most recognised names but we reciaved 2 AE86's for whatever resson, in cases like this i will voice my disapoitment regardless.
Also a company not letting you paint a car in the Livery Editor isn't a design flaw, it's clearly a product of the licensing agreement.
That would be correct however the editor has a design problem and that is the fact it counts a simple paint change as a "Livery" Mercedes has no problem with painting the car championship white etc.
I know but if im paying real money at least make it a bit easier.
Don't talk nasty about this beautiful car, it has done nothing to hurt you
I didn't its not even on the list ;).
The only really bad DLC cars are dupes or just minor model year facelifts (e.g. Clio RS is the obvious one).
Indeed, when i say "worse" i mean worse compare to something better that could have been included.
I agree the multi million dollar cars are wasted if you don't have time to grind, but that's a problem with the game economy, not the cars.
I actually think the economy is quite decent the issue is how little we can do with them.
The BMW M3 is one of the fastest cars in a straight line btw. Beaten only by the trinity of F1 GTR, Peugeot VGT and Ford GT.
Really? 😳 how is it in the corners?.
Next time there's a race at Tokyo East or Sarthe No Chicane, take it out. You'll be surprised how competitive it is ;)
Im not able to enter any online races for 3 years now 😥 .
The RCF non-proto is a lot different compared to the proto too. Much less understeery and kinder on tyres. Fuel is about the same but grid launch is worse. So it's far from being a simple copy paste.
Thats why i actually prefer the prototype, the issue is thats the only actual GT3 car we got so far when other brands need an update asap.
The older race cars in Gr.3 and Gr.2, just needs to be in a different class. Again it's a problem with PD's grouping system, not the cars themselves
Rght i don't have any problem with the cars themselves but the groups are such a big factor in this game. If we were talking about GT5 for example they woulden't be on this list but here they are uncompetitive and PD put very little effort into them.

Last edited:
Back