The World's Most Okay Tour - Laguna Seca 200 Miles (31 Dec. 2019, 12PM PST)

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 391 comments
What's the go if the phone rings or someone comes to the door and you can't get to the pits? Pull off onto the grass with the nose against the wall so it doesn't roll with hazzards on?

You can pause in lobbies, your car turns into a ghost and simply keeps on going (slower). Dunno if it will pit for you though, don't take too long :)

Btw it seems the Porsche has slightly worse fuel mileage since the update, perhaps the Vette has improved since that was on the opposite end. The Porsche also seems a bit less stable now.

Last edited:
Yegads! I don't know how I managed to make it through to 2.4h :crazy:. Right thumb and little finger knuckle were very unhappy in the last 1/2 hour :scared:. I don't know how to get out of the way properly on the nord, so I just parked it on the grass to let P1 and 2 through .. 3 times? :lol:

Thanks for the great race! I was feeling the fatigue as well in the last few laps, Nurburgring 24H is a lot more intense than Le Mans! Great fun though. I managed not to crash until the very end. A couple saves but no spins, I kept it together :) However after @Mistah_MCA said final lap I was so glad to see the finish line in reach I forgot to brake for the final turn, smacked right into the back wall and limped over the line with the front half of my car flashing with damage while pulling to the left. Not a glorious victory :lol:
zP2d.jpg

So deliciously dark. I wasn't quite sure if I could make it an 18th lap or not hence the fuel left. It came down to about 30 seconds. Rocket52poynter could have had me if had started on time. I was half a lap underway when he joined, although he seemed to be more than half a lap behind when I finished. Anyway fuel saving worked to go 5 laps for the first 2 stints, then 90% fuel for the last 2 pit stops. I could have gone 5,4,4,4 instead of 5,5,4,3, good to know for next time lol.

I had a good chase in the first 3 laps, not quite sure if they were running stock settings yet that made it fun. They sped away on the straighter parts for me to catch back up in the twisty bits. Then after 3 laps I ended up in first and stayed there. First couple laps:

@Invisigoth No need to get out of the way to let people pass, let me work for it :) The Nordschleife at night is so zen, great drive. Next time in the rain ;) Bathurst at night will be glorious as well, sign me up. Btw is there no way to add a welcome message to the lobby so you @Mistah_MCA don't have to pause to explain during the race? 1h as a real race would need less explanation anyway, then we can race!

Last edited:
@Invisigoth No need to get out of the way to let people pass, let me work for it :) The Nordschleife at night is so zen, great drive.

I know I'm painfully slow, and as a typical DR/D my braking points are unpredictable. I just didn't want to hold anyone up. For me it was less about my position and more about just participating. The great thing about the night race is that I could tell someone was coming up behind me before they showed up on radar from the lights. Unfortunately I got distracted by people who showed up in the last half hour who weren't really part of the race barging past. Then there was my own brake lights... a few times, particularly round Fushsrohre/Adenauer Forst made me think there was another car coming, so I tried to get out of the way :crazy:.

Awesome race, everyone! :)

I was racing on the wheel, and all I can say is that I can barely feel my bottom right now haha.
That's the hard part. Very hard to overtake on most of Nordschleife. I was getting ready to move out of the way to get a Gr. 3 car through but I ended up spinning myself into a wall. :lol: If anything, they'll need to wait for a long stretch where they can safely overtake others,

I kept on crashing a lot lol. I got distracted quite a few times.
Definitely a lot harder than Le Mans, I was not prepared for this at all!!

I definitely do want to do a rain race. THat will be glorious to participate in. :)
I'm definitely going to do the night Bathurst race... Just not sure if I want to make it Group 3 or Group 4. I want to do it with one class so I can turn on BOP. I'll probably make it happen sometime near the end of July.

I also want to do a Goodwood race with cars made before 19XX, so that will be a fun one to do!

Unfortunately, no. It sucks, but oh well. This ain't no Minecraft server. :lol:

I know I'm painfully slow, and as a typical DR/D my braking points are unpredictable. I just didn't want to hold anyone up. For me it was less about my position and more about just participating. The great thing about the night race is that I could tell someone was coming up behind me before they showed up on radar from the lights. Unfortunately I got distracted by people who showed up in the last half hour who weren't really part of the race barging past. Then there was my own brake lights... a few times, particularly round Fushsrohre/Adenauer Forst made me think there was another car coming, so I tried to get out of the way :crazy:.

I apparently joined within the last few minutes of the race behind you bro! So sorry if I distracted you. When I was getting close to you your car started dancing all over the place so I pulled up on the throttle to attempt to let you get some distance only to have my signal strength go from green to red in about 5 minutes being in the lobby. I too just wanted to participate in some clean night driving at the Ring with you guys. Once I got disconnected, I didn't try to rejoin. @Mistah_MCA sorry if I caused any connection issues.

I celebrated my wife's birthday today, and she cut me loose from the "hubby birthday" duties, and told me to go race. I wasn't sure what time you guys had actually started, and how much longer you'd be there, I decided to take a chance and just jump in. My intentions weren't to be competitive, just to run with like minded individuals. Again, sorry if my joining so late caused any connection issues.

I'm definitely going to do the night Bathurst race... Just not sure if I want to make it Group 3 or Group 4.

Bugger that... Kart! Kart! Kart! :P

Qyn
I apparently joined within the last few minutes of the race behind you bro! So sorry if I distracted you. When I was getting close to you your car started dancing all over the place .

Yeh, your headlights suddenly popping up startled me, sorry. I'm assuming you were the guy with the lag. From my view point you were teleporting all over the place, splashed to the four winds against a wall then vanished. I'm guessing that was the disconnect. On the plus side, at least you didn't loose any DR or SR from it :crazy:. Check the time zones next time so you don't miss the start :P.

I've missed a lot of actual races this past year. decided to forget about the races from last year. Started watching this years Bathurst 12h.. still 6 hours left to watch. Since the main two categories.. pro and pro/am are GT3... 1.2h Gr3 ? The start is in the dark, so that would fit with a night race. Now if only they would add my Bentleys to the next update........

I've missed a lot of actual races this past year. decided to forget about the races from last year. Started watching this years Bathurst 12h.. still 6 hours left to watch. Since the main two categories.. pro and pro/am are GT3... 1.2h Gr3 ? The start is in the dark, so that would fit with a night race. Now if only they would add my Bentleys to the next update........
I'm setting the race to be 1hr with the Gr. 3 class.
THat would be nice!!!

I'll be there!!! likely in the Lexus. SvennoJ.

x2 fuel/tires 1 hour on mediums, that's one pit stop, but when is the best time. I wonder if a no stop is at all possible. With short shifting I made it up to 45 minutes on the N24, an extra 15 to 17 minutes, that would be hard. At least with x2 the pit stop won't take too much time as usual.

2 weeks from now, good, should again be dark by 9 EST so I can see :)

OK, sign me up! PSN In-visigoth. Lets hope @Qyn get there on time this time :P. I was hoping to give Herbie some love, but I don't remember what it's lights were like. I remember the Corvette had good lights. The European cars need the light covers set to clear in the Livery editor to get better light coverage. Bathurst is darker than Nurburgring at night.

Don't forget to slow down for the chicane in the pit entry lane!!!!!!! If you screw it up and hit the wall next to pit entry, you will get re-set on the start/finish strait and have to do a full lap to pit :banghead:.

OK, sign me up! PSN In-visigoth. Lets hope @Qyn get there on time this time :P. I was hoping to give Herbie some love, but I don't remember what it's lights were like. I remember the Corvette had good lights. The European cars need the light covers set to clear in the Livery editor to get better light coverage. Bathurst is darker than Nurburgring at night.

Don't forget to slow down for the chicane in the pit entry lane!!!!!!! If you screw it up and hit the wall next to pit entry, you will get re-set on the start/finish strait and have to do a full lap to pit :banghead:.
Ok, when is the next race, and (with the excellent advice from our earlier posts) what time zone will the race start in?

I'll be there!!! likely in the Lexus. SvennoJ.

x2 fuel/tires 1 hour on mediums, that's one pit stop, but when is the best time. I wonder if a no stop is at all possible. With short shifting I made it up to 45 minutes on the N24, an extra 15 to 17 minutes, that would be hard. At least with x2 the pit stop won't take too much time as usual.

2 weeks from now, good, should again be dark by 9 EST so I can see :)
Because of you, I should probably turn on Mandatory Pit Stop :lol:

Had a look back at the last Gr3 daily at night on the mountain. I was only using cars that a could see where the bloody heck I was going (some cars are awesome during the day but have *really* crap lights). The ones I went with were the WRX, the Beetle, M3, R8, Corvette and 911. I seem to recall the M3 and R8 were particularly comfy for me. Since the Beetle seems to get no love amongst the daily forum crowd, I'll go with that :P.

After one race on Autopolis I fled to the mountain. I took the trusty Lexus for a one hour spin at sunset against the AI, wow they suck! The AI drives in the middle, brakes for Griffin's mount and even worse at Sulman park, crawls through the esses then puts up a fight down the chase. (but keeps it clean!) It makes it interesting I guess, I lapped the whole field twice yet never had any room to get under 2:04. I made it 29 laps, the 29th lap only by crossing the line 6 seconds before the hour was up. That did allow me to see the rest of the field finish all at +2 to +3 laps lol.

Anyway plenty of fuel for one stop. I did 17 laps first then 12 laps with fresh tires. Not really needed but what's an extra 2.5 sec tire change on an hour race. The AI thinks the M3 is the fastest. Mustang and AMG are probably still good all rounders. Half a year ago the Beetle was the second fastest after the Lexus, yet that was many BOP and physics changes ago. Who knows there will be another update before the 28th.

(but keeps it clean!) It makes it interesting I guess, I lapped the whole field twice yet never had any room to get under 2:04.

Ok, so again I can expect to see your headlights come up behind me 2 or 3 times :lol:. Just be aware if you come across me after Griffin's Bend, I ain't pulling over till I get through Forest Elbow, cause I'll be hanging on for dear life and hoping I don't become bugsplat on the wall :P.

Ok, so again I can expect to see your headlights come up behind me 2 or 3 times :lol:. Just be aware if you come across me after Griffin's Bend, I ain't pulling over till I get through Forest Elbow, cause I'll be hanging on for dear life and hoping I don't become bugsplat on the wall :P.

The AI has made me an 'expert' in overtaking through the esses and the dipper. Now I know where people get it from! I won't in race though, nobody drives as slow there as the AI. The AI goes through a lot of trouble to avoid you, setting a good example of how to drive contact free, yet not preparing you for sport mode at all where people don't give you a wide berth.

Btw it still has its funny moments where a lapped car suddenly speeds up and gives you serious chase for half a lap then suddenly falls back 2 or 3 seconds up the mountain.

I'll put my name in the hat, provisionally. May need to withdraw, or put myself as a reserve. I'll confirm by Friday.
El_Beardo_Grande.
I'll have your name on the list. Just let me know if you can or can't make it. :)
I'm game for this.

psn: JoeyLeonine
Awesome! I got your name on the list now!
Count me in for the Mount Panorama race.

PSN: VanOccupanther24
Got it! Your name is on the list now.
Sign me up! I'll be bringing a Gr. 3 458 to the party because i'm a glutton for punishment. My PSN name is Bishop-Jayel
I still have to decide which car to bring! :lol: Your name is on the list now! :)

Had a look back at the last Gr3 daily at night on the mountain. I was only using cars that a could see where the bloody heck I was going (some cars are awesome during the day but have *really* crap lights). The ones I went with were the WRX, the Beetle, M3, R8, Corvette and 911. I seem to recall the M3 and R8 were particularly comfy for me. Since the Beetle seems to get no love amongst the daily forum crowd, I'll go with that :P.
That, and cars that are using the yellow headlights will probably be more difficult. I was trying it out last time and it was harder for me to see where I was going. I'll likely use a car that is barely used nowadays.

The AI has made me an 'expert' in overtaking through the esses and the dipper. Now I know where people get it from! I won't in race though, nobody drives as slow there as the AI. The AI goes through a lot of trouble to avoid you, setting a good example of how to drive contact free, yet not preparing you for sport mode at all where people don't give you a wide berth.

Btw it still has its funny moments where a lapped car suddenly speeds up and gives you serious chase for half a lap then suddenly falls back 2 or 3 seconds up the mountain.
Typical AI haha. I was trying it out the other day, and the AI were barely going fast in the straight.

Back