The World's Most Okay Tour - Laguna Seca 200 Miles (31 Dec. 2019, 12PM PST)

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 391 comments
That, and cars that are using the yellow headlights will probably be more difficult. I was trying it out last time and it was harder for me to see where I was going. I'll likely use a car that is barely used nowadays.

Yes!!! Yellow lights at Bathurst makes it very hard to see. It's a darker track at night than N24. I think most of the European cars have yellow lights. But!!! If you change then from yellow to clear with the livery editor, it's all good. Here's an R8 example:

R8_lights.jpg

Yes!!! Yellow lights at Bathurst makes it very hard to see. It's a darker track at night than N24. I think most of the European cars have yellow lights. But!!! If you change then from yellow to clear with the livery editor, it's all good. Here's an R8 example:

View attachment 836509
It's a night and day reference!
... get it...? No..?

I'll most likely be driving the Aston.

But which livery? (Not that it'll matter in the dark...)View attachment 836550 View attachment 836551

The Gr3 Aston has been a good drive lately. If I wasn't being bloody minded and driving the ugly duckling (Herbie), that's what I'd probably take to the Mountain 👍. As for livery, you've got the roo on the side... it's gotta be green and gold! Ausie Ausie Ausie! Oi oi oi! :lol:.

As for me, I'll be wearing this:

Brock_Beetle.jpg

The Gr3 Aston has been a good drive lately. If I wasn't being bloody minded and driving the ugly duckling (Herbie), that's what I'd probably take to the Mountain 👍. As for livery, you've got the roo on the side... it's gotta be green and gold! Ausie Ausie Ausie! Oi oi oi! :lol:.

As for me, I'll be wearing this:

View attachment 836579

Nice!

Well, you lead the way. I'll follow!

Last night I found out I'm one of those corner light flashers. I was doing another race in the dark this time against GR.2 and noticed my lights were flickering in some corners. I'm pressing down too much on L3. Don't mind me when I flash you, I'll try not to push down too much!

For some reason I'm slower at night. It's definitely harder to see yet maybe there's something else going on. I was doing 2:05 laps instead of 2:04. Different physics against GR.2, cold track at night, or just the effects of worse visibility? I was more consistent due to GR.2 leaving me in their dust besides a couple straggles, so 29 laps again. GR.2 on intermediate difficulty does 2:02 to 2:04 laps and has more fuel than GR.3. Still they get a full tank after pitting in lap 20, so stupid.

I do hope nobody takes out the distance markers. It's hard enough to read them at speed on a non HDR tv. Alternate brake points are pretty much invisible at night on my tv. The race is still a bit early to claim the much better 4K HDR tv. BTW better headlights aren't all that great when the cars in front throw up some dust, blinding!

Last night I found out I'm one of those corner light flashers. I was doing another race in the dark this time against GR.2 and noticed my lights were flickering in some corners. I'm pressing down too much on L3. Don't mind me when I flash you, I'll try not to push down too much!

I thought that was just a consequence of heavy braking. I've never paid too much attention to the amount of downwards pressure I put on that stick while turning. Who knew!

Definitely something else to hone then, smoother steering, though it really goes without saying...

For some reason I'm slower at night. It's definitely harder to see yet maybe there's something else going on. I was doing 2:05 laps instead of 2:04. Different physics against GR.2, cold track at night, or just the effects of worse visibility?

Bit of both I imagine. But I'm pretty sure that the time of day does have an effect on performance, it can't just be psychological. Otherwise what's the point? Why spend x-amount of time and money rendering different conditions, just for aesthetics?

If I can keep it clean, I reckon I can manage 27-28 laps in 1hr including pit stop. If I only get lapped the once, that'll be nice!

Please save me a seat.
psn nkalamu
Not sure about car though but most likely Aston- heavenly V12 sounds for an hour:cheers:

However, I love the mount but the mount hates me. I still have not been able to figure out the dip on the run down mountain.:confused:

I'd like to take part. Let me come back to this post once I've read the thread so I can have an idea what car to use.

Different physics against GR.2, cold track at night, or just the effects of worse visibility?

I'd say it could be a visibility issue with you. I seem to recall you weren't using the greatest tv/monitor. Maybe it's just track familiarity, but I'm not really noticing illumination being an issue. It could also be the car you are driving not having good headlights.. there is defiantly a difference between cars with illumination.

It's unlikely to be a cold track issue. They haven't specified the time of year, but the race conditions are 6:15pm. During summer the temps are very high at Bathurst... it's fairly arid. The track would still have plenty of heat from the day. The night time air would be denser, so you should have more power down the straits.

I thought that was just a consequence of heavy braking. I've never paid too much attention to the amount of downwards pressure I put on that stick while turning. Who knew!

That's tail lights, not head lights :P. It's a production car thing, not GT3/4. You don't see it during the Bathurst 12h, but you do see it during the Bathurst 6h... most of the driver aids from the standard road cars are still active in that race.

I'd say it could be a visibility issue with you. I seem to recall you weren't using the greatest tv/monitor. Maybe it's just track familiarity, but I'm not really noticing illumination being an issue. It could also be the car you are driving not having good headlights.. there is defiantly a difference between cars with illumination.

It's unlikely to be a cold track issue. They haven't specified the time of year, but the race conditions are 6:15pm. During summer the temps are very high at Bathurst... it's fairly arid. The track would still have plenty of heat from the day. The night time air would be denser, so you should have more power down the straits.

That's tail lights, not head lights :P. It's a production car thing, not GT3/4. You don't see it during the Bathurst 12h, but you do see it during the Bathurst 6h... most of the driver aids from the standard road cars are still active in that race.

I always thought those flickering tail lights were some kind of bug in the rendering from low resolution. So they actually flicker under braking in some cars?

I still haven't been able to get all that close to my time at sunset conditions and it does seem I have to lift more to make it up the mountain at night without scraping any walls. Must be the dark, the walls are closing in!

Btw GR.2 in novice mode is too easy again. In intermediate they go 2:02 to 2:04 laps, can't keep up, in novice they're all somewhere above 2:10 and I had lapped them all before the end. Perhaps GR.1 in novice mode gives a better race :banghead:

I always thought those flickering tail lights were some kind of bug in the rendering from low resolution. So they actually flicker under braking in some cars?

I still haven't been able to get all that close to my time at sunset conditions and it does seem I have to lift more to make it up the mountain at night without scraping any walls. Must be the dark, the walls are closing in!

Btw GR.2 in novice mode is too easy again. In intermediate they go 2:02 to 2:04 laps, can't keep up, in novice they're all somewhere above 2:10 and I had lapped them all before the end. Perhaps GR.1 in novice mode gives a better race :banghead:

I did a Gr.3 hour on intermediate to just get a feel for things.

Started myself in P16... As that's where I imagine we'll be qualifying! Finished 3rd, 25 seconds behind the AI M6s and a lap up on P11+.

I won't confess my average lap time because its embarrassing. But safe to say every lap was hampered by the AI doing something silly and unexpected - it brakes early, hard and takes corners unnecessarily slowly...

But it was helpful as a dial in. A couple more of those over the next week and we'll be ready for the big one!

But it was helpful as a dial in. A couple more of those over the next week and we'll be ready for the big one!

All I did was the 2 lap beginner arcade race with the Beetle to make sure I could see where I was going, then two more with the R8 so I could take those race shots for the yellow lens/clear lens comparison, that's it :lol:. I'll do all my practising on race day during qualifying 👍. I'm not as hard core as most... for me participating is more important than placement :P.

Let's hope that @Qyn gets there in time... remember mate... qualifying starts 2 hours earlier than whatever time you showed up last time ;).

All I did was the 2 lap beginner arcade race with the Beetle to make sure I could see where I was going, then two more with the R8 so I could take those race shots for the yellow lens/clear lens comparison, that's it :lol:. I'll do all my practising on race day during qualifying 👍. I'm not as hard core as most... for me participating is more important than placement :P.

I'm going to practice every night until I'm so sick of it I crash into every wall on race night :lol:

It's just that this weeks races leave me cold. I do one sport mode race, then think why bother and go race over the mountain instead. I'll probably switch back to the N24 soon. One more attempt to see if GR.1 can put up a balanced fight. It'll probably turn into a comedy instead. I thought about lowering the cars performance to get a better race at Bathurst yet that won't help since the GR.3 AI brakes in all the wrong places.

The mountain is relaxation, sport mode frustration (this week for sure)

It's just that this weeks races leave me cold. I do one sport mode race, then think why bother and go race over the mountain instead. I'll probably switch back to the N24 soon. One more attempt to see if GR.1 can put up a balanced fight. It'll probably turn into a comedy instead. I thought about lowering the cars performance to get a better race at Bathurst yet that won't help since the GR.3 AI brakes in all the wrong places.

I raced on Monday, then missed a lot of races cause I fell asleep. Finally tried last night and got disconnected! Was going to be 2am by the time I'd be able to race again, so I gave it up. No racing tonight. It's 1:30am and I just finished mashing ... for today :rolleyes:. Looking forward to Bathurst. Home track and no DR or SR to loose!

Let's hope that @Qyn gets there in time... remember mate... qualifying starts 2 hours earlier than whatever time you showed up last time ;).
Already cleared it with the wife, and marked it on the calendar too :lol:. Not sure which car I want to bring as of yet though.

I'm gonna be there as competitive lap filler lol. Just wanna run clean, and not worry about placement as well.

I'm going to practice every night until I'm so sick of it I crash into every wall on race night :lol:

The mountain is relaxation, sport mode frustration (this week for sure)
I put in some QT's on race B and C last night to see where I stood against my friends list, but just didn't feel like jumping into a race either. I'm probably gonna start running GR3 around the mountain tonight to get a feel for which car I'll race.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

My PS4 is currently very dead. Really not sure I can fix it. Feel free to offer my spot to another driver, though I'd still like to take part if I can fix it. I'll let you know if that happens - if you hear nothing from me, assume it's still dead.

My apologies.

My PS4 is going to hate me. It's going to be 97F here on Sunday, and my house has no A/C. I'm going to put a big fan next to the console. :lol:

Are you sure you don't want a larger starting grid........

View attachment 838017
The more, the more chaotic merrier! :D

My PS4 is currently very dead. Really not sure I can fix it. Feel free to offer my spot to another driver, though I'd still like to take part if I can fix it. I'll let you know if that happens - if you hear nothing from me, assume it's still dead.

My apologies.
Ouch, sorry to hear that! I'll still have you on the main list, just let me know here or on PlayStation if you definitely can't make it.
Stuff happens, it's not your fault!

I'd like to go on the wait list.

Psn Empire_of_Ravens
Added you to the wait list!

Can I double post on my own thread? If I can:

Added TWO upcoming events:

1 Hour of GoodWood (cars made on or before 1974) - Details TBD, August 2019

Area 51 Raid, SRT Tomahawk - Sept. 20, 2019 - Details TBD

Latest Posts

Back