The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,463 comments
Like, you can use traction control on 5 all the time if you feel more comfortable this way, but you will be a lot slower on 99% of the situations, nothing wrong there.
Usually I am driving on TC2 and ABS on weak.
But just because I cant stand this exxegerated claim "you will be slower" I just put myself to the test on 1h Maggiore and my lap and total time is close to identical with ALL driving aids enabled.
Reminder: I still havent golded all licenses, but this is not the point.
I sincerly question you, what is the time difference of a good driver with his usual setup compared to "all aids enabled"?
Just spend 2 hours and dont try to make it fake results.

Last edited:
Usually I am driving on TC2 and ABS on weak.
But just because I cant stand this exxegerated claim "you will be slower" I just put myself to the test on 1h Maggiore and my lap and total time is close to identical with ALL driving aids enabled.
Reminder: I still havent golded all licenses, but this is not the point.
I sincerly question you, what is the time difference of a good driver with his usual setup compared to "all aids enabled"?
Just spend 2 hours and dont try to make it fake results.
You took a sentence from an extent post, post that was an answer to a post of Doncarlone, so you are using a sentence totally out of context. The "Like" in the beginning of the sentence should have given you a hint, such as using TCS on 5. I took special attention on mentioning TC on 5 and not just using traction control, period.
That specific post was a response to other post about someone feeling it was unfair that we couldn't be nowhere as fast with the Aston Martin DP-100 using automatic shifting as people using manual shifting, because while we could shortshift and get to 310km/h on 7th gear, he would get stuck on 5th gear at 290km/h. Period.
Don't need to spend 2 hours "trying to make fake results", quite the opposite, Doncarlone got exactly to that conclusion in relation to auto shifting.
It wasn't my intention to be a jackass about driving aids, and fasts and slow, also because you jump straight to "all aids enabled" from TC on 5, when it's widely known that one of this "assists", Countersteering Assist, just makes you faster the more you exaggerate trowing the car to fast to the corner. I don't have any doubts that if you racing with TC on 5, other aids, you will be slower on 90% of the times, being the other 10% when the track is completely flooded.

I don't have any doubts that if you racing with TC on 5, other aids, you will be slower on 90% of the times, being the other 10% when the track is completely flooded.
All I wanted to say is: someone using the helpers is not slower because he is using the helpers. He is slower because as a driver he has less experience/practice/skill.
I cant put it to the test, but I say: a skilled driver wont be much slower no matter the settings, because with the way he is driving the assists wont have to interfere with his input anyway.

ABS default is faster no matter the skill level. Weak can be faster on certain car in low traction like rally with a load cell but only if you are an elite driving.

TCS 2 your preference and thats fine.

I am an almost A+ driver and some car combos I have faster with assit, some I am not. but yeah if you are spinning out all the time then assist that stop you from spinning are for sure faster.

Last edited:
Just beat this using the Lancia Delta. Goodness, what a machine! Came in first with a 1s lead over Hizal. It topped out at 285km/h down the main straight, but made up good time in the middle section. The Delta is hilarious when tuned - plant the car in the apex and just floor it.

I have no problem at all with people using the driving assists available in the game.
But this isn't a pure arcade game and, as in real racing, you can take huge advantage of the way you handle your gear selection to extract the best performance from your racecar, specially in endurance racing. Like, you can use traction control on 5 all the time if you feel more comfortable this way, but you will be a lot slower on 99% of the situations, nothing wrong there.
The DP-100 is an extreme case (but hei, it's a VGT model, go figure) but many cars, including BoP regulated Gr.3, Gr.4 or even Gr. 1, are considerably faster if you shift on the optimal point which isn't the red line where automatic aid changes gear. Maybe against AI, without fuel consumption, it makes no great difference, but when fuel multipliers against another human players the performance delta will be huge.
In this particular race, working the gearbox is extremely important, not only on the upshifts but also the downshifts, at least when most of the track is still damp, not only in the DP-100 and it's torque curve, but most of the cars to get the best corner entry and avoid penalties, like I said this isn't Need for Speed nor Midnight Club.
This is the biggest payout race in the game, it isn't shocking the programmers make your life a little harder than most of the races.
I'm talking about this race, you are already going for playing against other players. And I seriously dont know where that tcs conversation came from.
This is not need for speed or midnight club, but its not assetto corsa competizione or Iracing either.
If shifting is so important for this particular race, then how did I beat it with more than 100 different cars in auto shift?
This race is easy. You dont need extented studies about what is the optimal shifting behavior (try doing that with 100 cars). Ofc you will get a better performance if do, but dont need that to win this race. You just need know the track, do some tunning in your car, and adapt.

After months of trying, I finally finished first in this race.

I used an Aventador LP-700 4.

I put as much power as I could on it, Sports Hard, and enough ballast to bring it under 600PP (admittedly, a very simple tune).

Fastest lap time 2:12.3.

Finished in just over 27 minutes.

I beat Gallo by 18 seconds.

Honestly - this car is a dream. Quick on the straights, and it handles well enough to take corners safely (I think I only copped 3 penalties the entire race, and one was on the very last lap when I mentally clocked out for a bit).

I used to freak out when Gallo would pit, because I would always overtake - but half a lap later, he would overtake me like I was standing still, and I'd never catch up again.

The LP-700 4 has enough grunt to not make this an issue at all.
Tune your Lamborghini and you can drop the best lap to a 2:07.xxx

Some more toys for fun runs.

Screenshot_20220731-005700_YouTube.jpg

Good amount of torque from the diesel engine, nice pull out corners.

Some was done with limitation
Screenshot_20220731-005530_YouTube.jpg

AE86 SS ver without turbo and aero just like Initial D (but with RH)

Screenshot_20220731-005618_YouTube.jpg

Did it with normal Sport tires approach before, this time with RH handling version, no power upgrades.

Something I like to do back in GT6 seasonal events, with stock cars.
Not much choices with Sport tires and they are quite common.
Cheat a little bit with Racing tires.
Screenshot_20220731-005738_YouTube.jpg

Knew the NSX type R is good. Way faster than I thought.
Tried the '92 too, slightly less stable and acceleration but still relatively easy.

Screenshot_20220731-005815_YouTube.jpg

Blocking at the last but one defensive move on the straight should be OK?
This is stock too. Thought it will just a few seconds slower than the NSX but i was wrong. And it can't run the whole race with FM1.
Gave it RM hope it can earn some pace back. But RM wear way too fast than I thought.

Tires something else but no success.

K-cars + Race tires: Simply lack in acceleration, maybe possible with special parts or just ultra high turbo.

EVs: Lack in range, need to pit every 4 laps. And the tesla top speed is a joke.

Stock 90's JDM : Did not tried all yet but for now only the NSXs and FD are capable. Others are generally too heavy and not enough top speed.

CVTs(Prius, aqua etc): if PD allow turbo/SC for them.

Last edited:
I'm talking about this race, you are already going for playing against other players. And I seriously dont know where that tcs conversation came from.
This is not need for speed or midnight club, but its not assetto corsa competizione or Iracing either.
If shifting is so important for this particular race, then how did I beat it with more than 100 different cars in auto shift?
This race is easy. You dont need extented studies about what is the optimal shifting behavior (try doing that with 100 cars). Ofc you will get a better performance if do, but dont need that to win this race. You just need know the track, do some tunning in your car, and adapt.
I agree. If this race required all of that, I’d understand. However this is just mindless grinding for credits, not the Nations Cup.

BWM
Some more toys for fun runs.

View attachment 1178669

Good amount of torque from the diesel engine, nice pull out corners.

Some was done with limitation
View attachment 1178671
AE86 SS ver without turbo and aero just like Initial D (but with RH)

View attachment 1178672

Did it with normal Sport tires approach before, this time with RH handling version, no power upgrades.

Something I like to do back in GT6 seasonal events, with stock cars.
Not much choices with Sport tires and they are quite common.
Cheat a little bit with Racing tires.
View attachment 1178673

Knew the NSX type R is good. Way faster than I thought.
Tried the '92 too, slightly less stable and acceleration but still relatively easy.

View attachment 1178675

Blocking at the last but one defensive move on the straight should be OK?
This is stock too. Thought it will just a few seconds slower than the NSX but i was wrong. And it can't run the whole race with FM1.
Gave it RM hope it can earn some pace back. But RM wear way too fast than I thought.

Tires something else but no success.

K-cars + Race tires: Simply lack in acceleration, maybe possible with special parts or just ultra high turbo.

EVs: Lack in range, need to pit every 4 laps. And the tesla top speed is a joke.

Stock 90's JDM : Did not tried all yet but for now only the NSXs and FD are capable. Others are generally too heavy and not enough top speed.

CVTs(Prius, aqua etc): if PD allow turbo/SC for them.

Tried the new maserati from the lcd, just for the lols. Best I could do was get to lap 11 in 1st.

Some more winners.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220720103436-Focus.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220720103436-Focus.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220720130124-A45.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220720130124-A45.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220721165034-F1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220721165034-F1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 21
BMW 3.0 CSL with a P65B44-Z4 engine swap. Surprisingly good handling RWD. Very fuel efficient. No pit stops with SH tyres.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801205257.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801205257.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801205333-CSL.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801205333-CSL.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801211130.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220801211130.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 26
Just beat this using the Lancia Delta. Goodness, what a machine! Came in first with a 1s lead over Hizal. It topped out at 285km/h down the main straight, but made up good time in the middle section. The Delta is hilarious when tuned - plant the car in the apex and just floor it.
But doesn't it chugs gasoline quite a lot?

But doesn't it chugs gasoline quite a lot?
Not really,i stop for fuel and tyres at the end of lap 8,running FM1.When i use different cars for this race i always measure on stopping end of lap 8,different driving styles may use more or less fuel though.

Not really,i stop for fuel and tyres at the end of lap 8,running FM1.When i use different cars for this race i always measure on stopping end of lap 8,different driving styles may use more or less fuel though.
Wait, did you swap the engine or is it running the original one?

Wait, did you swap the engine or is it running the original one?
Both.The stock engine tuned up to make the pp and the engine swap version,both get me to lap 8 before a stop.Im not the fastest driver so may have something to do with it. :lol: Still a winning car for me,i do this race on easy i might add.

Tried ford gt40, ford markIV, ferrari 330p4, porsche 917k and audi TT (the newer of the 2).
Only the audi tt fully tuned, the rest was only non permanent parts.
All were absolute monsters. Recommended.
Some weeks ago I tried these cars in this race and they were great. But there was a car missing. The jaguar xj13. When I tuned all of those, I also tuned the xj13 but while those in full power add like 600+hp, the xj13 only add like 350hp. So I descarted it as a viable option.
Yesterday I came to the realisation that I putten the ecu and power limiter at 70 im the past and didnt remember, dumbly thinking 350hp was its max power.
I, then, retuned the xj13 bumping up the hp and tested it in this race.
The xj13 was great, another beast to add to the list. Just as good as 300p4, markIV and 917k.

Both.The stock engine tuned up to make the pp and the engine swap version,both get me to lap 8 before a stop.Im not the fastest driver so may have something to do with it. :lol: Still a winning car for me,i do this race on easy i might add.
Interesting. I'll try it then.

Inspired by this thread, I'm currently testing all sorts of cars in both stock and tuned versions.

Stock is a lot of fun. So far I've won with the SLS, Ferrari 360, GT-R R32 and the GT-R R35.

Using detuned cars is easier and it's also a fun drive around Tokyo. So far my best detuned cars are the Diablo GT and the F40, purely because of the sound and handling!

Today I tried one of my favorites cars, the Maserati GranTurismo S, both unfortunately, I'm sad to say that thing can't win on this track. Not on hard, that is.

I tried racing tires, medium sports, rear wing on, rear wing off, tuned engine, tuned suspension, LSD, tuned to full power, detuned...

It's no good. The car is always all over the place. A shame, because I was really looking forward to rack up some miles with it.

This is a from a race in Normal Difficulty. Had to block the NSX for the final 2 laps. :lol:

oAp3NrE.png

If there's any tuner or Maserati fan who is willing to give this car a go, please share with me the setup! :lol:

Inspired by this thread, I'm currently testing all sorts of cars in both stock and tuned versions.

Stock is a lot of fun. So far I've won with the SLS, Ferrari 360, GT-R R32 and the GT-R R35.

Using detuned cars is easier and it's also a fun drive around Tokyo. So far my best detuned cars are the Diablo GT and the F40, purely because of the sound and handling!

Today I tried one of my favorites cars, the Maserati GranTurismo S, both unfortunately, I'm sad to say that thing can't win on this track. Not on hard, that is.

I tried racing tires, medium sports, rear wing on, rear wing off, tuned engine, tuned suspension, LSD, tuned to full power, detuned...

It's no good. The car is always all over the place. A shame, because I was really looking forward to rack up some miles with it.

This is a from a race in Normal Difficulty. Had to block the NSX for the final 2 laps. :lol:

oAp3NrE.png

If there's any tuner or Maserati fan who is willing to give this car a go, please share with me the setup! :lol:
Have you seen this :

Have you seen this :
Yes, sir. That is my winning tune for the image above. :lol:
But even though Praiano did an awesome job (the tune is amazing for other tracks), the car still slides way too much to keep the pace.

oAp3NrE.png

Ferrari enzo, ferrari f50 (now in lcd) and all AWD lamborghinis from brand central are great in stock form for this race.
Maserati you really need to tune.

The frustration in this event comes from pushing too early and throwing it off. Especially if you’re unaware the Gallo car pits twice. So long as you have decent straightline speed you can make many cars work around here.

Maserati GranTurismo S
Screenshot_20220804-192026_YouTube.jpg

A bit heavy but well balance car with minimal upgrades.
Mostly a stock car hope it helps :)

And have a go in the Maserati classic
Screenshot_20220804-191951_YouTube.jpg

It seems hate racing tires, keep sliding in turn 3,4(Lack of downforce?)
With Sport tires it is more controllable.

I can now see the problem is not the car. It's me sucking at driving! :lol:

I was using Sports Medium with Praiano settings. Too much wear to keep the pace on the final laps.

When I tried RH, it had my own suspension settings which now I can see they're cleary not right because my car was bouncing left and right.

Many thanks @BWM. That's very hepful. I can definitely be more aggresive on some corners. :cheers:

BWM
Maserati GranTurismo S
View attachment 1180529

A bit heavy but well balance car with minimal upgrades.
Mostly a stock car hope it helps :)

And have a go in the Maserati classic
View attachment 1180530

It seems hate racing tires, keep sliding in turn 3,4(Lack of downforce?)
With Sport tires it is more controllable.

Did it aswell with classic maserati. But I could only do it with racings hards. Still cant believe this race is actually beatable with a 270hp car.
20220804_214535.jpg

I won the stage 5 weight reduction for the '13 918 Spyder from a daily workout ticket, so I bought the car, gave it full weight reduction, and tried it for this with just a basic tune, only reduced power and added ballast, with SH tyres. I did 27:17, which is a fairly respectable time, and it's quite fun to drive, with plenty of ability to rotate with the stock suspension.

Folks, I have a problem: I'm addicted to this race and I blame you all. :)

Be aware of the wall! I hope no broken imagens this time...

I had this friday free so:
u36wv5C.png

The RH tires make such a difference. Thanks @BWM ! It's much more fun to play.

So I tested and tried to win with a couple of cars with those tires. There's a condition though: I only allowed myself to buy 2 upgrades: Weight Reduction Level 1 and Fully Customizable ECU. No engine, no filters, intercoolers, turbos, transmission, suspension, lsd or anything else allowed. Only WR1 or ECU and only if necessary.

Weight Reduction Level 1 is more than enough to make acceleration better and ECU is to detune the car if RH puts the PP a little above 600.

I did all those races so I could pick my favorite car. You know, that car you like so much that you can put 100k miles on it. Well, now it's even worse because I like them all!

All races were set to Hard Difficulty.

j1alsQS.png

oKLHc0v.png

Alright. Even though I'm playing on Hard, you can cleary see I'm not a good driver! The NSX was hard. The car is pefectly fine and you don't need to use FM, but I couldn't get the best out of it. Had to block the GT-R to win. The NSX is completely stock.

The Civic is actually a very fun car to drive, but it does lack the final speed. This is first turn, last lap. It was fun!
XXDaxCm.png

Next, the RX-7. I saw BWM video where he was using RM, but I still went with RH. I guess I can say it's the same car as the NSX: good on turns, but lacks final speed.
FvdL7eu.png

Photo finish though :sly:
ghSUjLX.png

Supra and GT-R R34. Both awesome cars and I can't even describe how delicious they dance around Tokyo. They both have that turbo sound that is just perfection. 10/10, definitely my favorites!

ZRrvGnA.png

t6DQO7i.png

This Evo is so good that it really needs a 6th gear. The handling is perfect. It's very pleasant to throw it around corners, after all, it is a rally car! The lack of a 6th gear locks you during the long straight, but there's power to recover in the second part of the track.
pvQ9t4E.png

The BMW Z8 is such a good looking car and it does pretty good. First 2-3 laps can be difficult, but persevere! You will be reward after those laps. Don't even need the Weight Reduction upgrade. Most stylish car. I mean, it's a roadster doing a morning walk around Tokyo. It's ELEGANT.
mJpQSEb.png

The M3 offers good acceleration and it's steady on the fast corners. You can trust this car.
ZQVzvdg.png

The Camaro is a beast. It's so fast and fuel efficiency is not that bad. It's really stable across all 12 laps. This car has no upgrades. The ECU is there so I can detune to make below 600pp again.
F4D5Zvl.png

And finally, THIS CAR. This car is just insane. From @The_It_Jojo in page 10 - "the ZR1 badge is 100 appropriate for this car, it's seriously bonkers".
YeAqxyZ.png

I got 1st place as soon as everyone finish pitting by lap 8 and then the race was over. Incredible car, very fast and very classic!

I used to hate this race. Too long, too boring, blablabla. Now that I know the strategy and how to drive in this track, it's becoming my favorite race. I even had the full OST of Initial-D in the background. This is one of the best experiences I had with this game. :lol:

I almost got a victory with the 300ZX, Supra 88', Evo IV and Audi TT. I'm thinking about another "challenge": picking cars like the Integra or the RX-7 GT-X and try to win with absolutely minimal upgrades.

But we will see. Part of me wants to test more cars, the other part just want to stick to a single one and drive until there's no egine anymore. :D

VyygBUt.jpg

Last edited:
Back