The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,443 comments
Folks, I have a problem: I'm addicted to this race and I blame you all. :)

Be aware of the wall! I hope no broken imagens this time...

I had this friday free so:
u36wv5C.png

The RH tires make such a difference. Thanks @BWM ! It's much more fun to play.

So I tested and tried to win with a couple of cars with those tires. There's a condition though: I only allowed myself to buy 2 upgrades: Weight Reduction Level 1 and Fully Customizable ECU. No engine, no filters, intercoolers, turbos, transmission, suspension, lsd or anything else allowed. Only WR1 or ECU and only if necessary.

Weight Reduction Level 1 is more than enough to make acceleration better and ECU is to detune the car if RH puts the PP a little above 600.

I did all those races so I could pick my favorite car. You know, that car you like so much that you can put 100k miles on it. Well, now it's even worse because I like them all!

All races were set to Hard Difficulty.

j1alsQS.png

oKLHc0v.png

Alright. Even though I'm playing on Hard, you can cleary see I'm not a good driver! The NSX was hard. The car is pefectly fine and you don't need to use FM, but I couldn't get the best out of it. Had to block the GT-R to win. The NSX is completely stock.

The Civic is actually a very fun car to drive, but it does lack the final speed. This is first turn, last lap. It was fun!
XXDaxCm.png

Next, the RX-7. I saw BWM video where he was using RM, but I still went with RH. I guess I can say it's the same car as the NSX: good on turns, but lacks final speed.
FvdL7eu.png

Photo finish though :sly:
ghSUjLX.png

Supra and GT-R R34. Both awesome cars and I can't even describe how delicious they dance around Tokyo. They both have that turbo sound that is just perfection. 10/10, definitely my favorites!

ZRrvGnA.png

t6DQO7i.png

This Evo is so good that it really needs a 6th gear. The handling is perfect. It's very pleasant to throw it around corners, after all, it is a rally car! The lack of a 6th gear locks you during the long straight, but there's power to recover in the second part of the track.
pvQ9t4E.png

The BMW Z8 is such a good looking car and it does pretty good. First 2-3 laps can be difficult, but persevere! You will be reward after those laps. Don't even need the Weight Reduction upgrade. Most stylish car. I mean, it's a roadster doing a morning walk around Tokyo. It's ELEGANT.
mJpQSEb.png

The M3 offers good acceleration and it's steady on the fast corners. You can trust this car.
ZQVzvdg.png

The Camaro is a beast. It's so fast and fuel efficiency is not that bad. It's really stable across all 12 laps. This car has no upgrades. The ECU is there so I can detune to make below 600pp again.
F4D5Zvl.png

And finally, THIS CAR. This car is just insane. From @The_It_Jojo in page 10 - "the ZR1 badge is 100 appropriate for this car, it's seriously bonkers".
YeAqxyZ.png

I got 1st place as soon as everyone finish pitting by lap 8 and then the race was over. Incredible car, very fast and very classic!

I used to hate this race. Too long, too boring, blablabla. Now that I know the strategy and how to drive in this track, it's becoming my favorite race. I even had the full OST of Initial-D in the background. This is one of the best experiences I had with this game. :lol:

I almost got a victory with the 300ZX, Supra 88', Evo IV and Audi TT. I'm thinking about another "challenge": picking cars like the Integra or the RX-7 GT-X and try to win with absolutely minimal upgrades.

But we will see. Part of me wants to test more cars, the other part just want to stick to a single one and drive until there's no egine anymore. :D

VyygBUt.jpg
I did somewhat of a similar thing you did. But my case was to do this race while the car in use needing to meet certain conditions.

Conditions were:
  • racing hards, pit on lap 6, fuel for 6.3 laps max, fm1.
  • you need to catch gallo before he pits at the end of lap 5.
  • You need to get a best lap faster than 2:12.000 between lap 1 and lap 5.
  • after pitting on lap 6, you need to be in front of gallo before he pits on lap 9.
  • you need to get a best lap faster than 2:11.000 between lap 7 and lap 12.
  • yoo need to get a total time faster than 27:20.000.

If a car meets these conditions, it enters my list of favourites for farming tokyo

Last edited:
as a AT user should I focus more on power than grip? tried the WRX GR4 this morning but it felt like any time I made up on the NSX and GTR, I'd lose it all on the long straight

as a AT user should I focus more on power than grip? tried the WRX GR4 this morning but it felt like any time I made up on the NSX and GTR, I'd lose it all on the long straight
But you don't beat them by being faster. You beat them by not pitting (in the WRX Gr4) while they have to pit twice.

My new favorite car for this race
Ferrari 755 Berlinetta
No crazy tunes, no stop on SH tires
Finishes in the 27 teens
A sweet drive

Attachments

• Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_755B.png
    Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_755B.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Ok, so........ummm Brian won this race as well :gtpflag:

Attachments

• Nebuta Museum WA RASSE__3.jpeg
    Nebuta Museum WA RASSE__3.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220806105715-R34.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220806105715-R34.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 23
Yeah it's one of my favourite cars to grind the Tokyo now. Someone did say it chugs gasoline at WTC700 though.
It will if you leave it on FM1. I think I did the first 8 laps of Tokyo on FM6, then slowly dialed it back to Power throughout the remainder of the race. It ended up being a battle between me and Hizal (dark blue WRX) for the last few laps, I only won it by 1 second I think. I still need to tweak the Lancia a little bit but it's a solid car for that race.

It will if you leave it on FM1. I think I did the first 8 laps of Tokyo on FM6, then slowly dialed it back to Power throughout the remainder of the race. It ended up being a battle between me and Hizal (dark blue WRX) for the last few laps, I only won it by 1 second I think. I still need to tweak the Lancia a little bit but it's a solid car for that race.
Suspension and LSD setting from praiano works wonders.

The next best thing to replace the Tomahawk

I Have tried some of these tunes with over powered cars and crooked toe angles. They are all horrible to drive and can't keep a straight line. Another guy on here posted one using the Ferrari FXX-K, same story. I Have won this race recently with all the cars in this picture. Although their race times are about a minute slower they are all an absolute joy to drive. Apart from the Tomahawk days my best race time is 25:11 with a fastest lap of 1:57 using the Alpine A220.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220809090624-LIST.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220809090624-LIST.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 16

You can still get the pp bellow 600 if you dont have the car exactly as the video.
I have the body rigidity, got weight reduction 5 on a ticket for this car and i'm not using the downforce custom parts and still getting to use the glitch.
Just tinker with the suspension weight, specialy making the front higher than the rear, and slightly drop the rear toe.
Worked for me

I Have tried some of these tunes with over powered cars and crooked toe angles. They are all horrible to drive and can't keep a straight line. Another guy on here posted one using the Ferrari FXX-K, same story. I Have won this race recently with all the cars in this picture. Although their race times are about a minute slower they are all an absolute joy to drive. Apart from the Tomahawk days my best race time is 25:11 with a fastest lap of 1:57 using the Alpine A220.
I agree about the drivability of some of these`tunes`with crooked toe angles and raked suspension.However,this one is a good drive,able to hold a nice line especially with the SM`s,i left it on FM6 the whole race and still cracked 220mph on the main straight.Stopped once for tyres only.Out of all the tunes with extreme suspension settings i found this and the 2J to be both good drives though i found this one far easier to drive,an easywin for me.
The only mistake i made was i added rigidity,which i do for the majority of my cars,and wasnt able to make the pp level.had to buy another C7 for the tune,never mind when we can sell our cars...............👍

He says it can go faster, but the time he does there isn't amazing, there are other cars that can do similar times. I'd personally rather have the race take 1-2 minutes longer and be able to try a different car each time I do it.

I agree about the drivability of some of these`tunes`with crooked toe angles and raked suspension.However,this one is a good drive,able to hold a nice line especially with the SM`s,i left it on FM6 the whole race and still cracked 220mph on the main straight.Stopped once for tyres only.Out of all the tunes with extreme suspension settings i found this and the 2J to be both good drives though i found this one far easier to drive,an easywin for me.
The only mistake i made was i added rigidity,which i do for the majority of my cars,and wasnt able to make the pp level.had to buy another C7 for the tune,never mind when we can sell our cars...............👍
I Didn't think of that at first but I'll give it a go again on FM6, that should tame it down a bit. Grinding is mind numbing for me to start with so having some variety to do it with is always welcome. :cheers:

I Didn't think of that at first but I'll give it a go again on FM6, that should tame it down a bit. Grinding is mind numbing for me to start with so having some variety to do it with is always welcome. :cheers:
My goto car has been the lancia delta.I have one with the engine swap and a tuned one.FM1 all the way,pit at the end of lap 8 for fuel and tyres,easy win with the swapped one but the tuned ones a little more involved.Still a win either way,run it on SH or i drop the power run stock suspension and run SM.

My goto car has been the lancia delta.I have one with the engine swap and a tuned one.FM1 all the way,pit at the end of lap 8 for fuel and tyres,easy win with the swapped one but the tuned ones a little more involved.Still a win either way,run it on SH or i drop the power run stock suspension and run SM.
I Try to do the race two times a day. Once with the Alpine A220 because that's a guaranteed win and once with a random other car. Live happens some days and I don't get to it, but it doesn't bother me at all. The Delta is nice car no doubt. I Also have a standard one and an engine swapped one. Believe it or not but I'm a really big Fast & Furious fan and a Nissan Skyline has always been very dear to my heart. I Have had the pleasure of working on and driving the R34 plenty of times over the years. Bayside Blue is of coarse my favorite color by far.

Last edited:
I Try to do the race two times a day. Once with the Alpine A220 because that's a guaranteed win and once with a random other car. Live happens some days and I don't get to it, but it doesn't bother me at all. The Delta is nice car no doubt. I Also have a standard one and an engine swapped one. Believe it or not but I'm a really big Fast & Furious fan and a Nissan Skyline has always been very dear to my heart. I Have had the pleasure of working on and driving the R34 plenty of times over the years. Bayside Blue is of coarse my favorite color by far.
I find using the A220 in Tokyo is a bit handful which is weird since it's my go to WTC700 car. R26B RX7 is the guaranteed win for me in Tokyo.

I find using the A220 in Tokyo is a bit handful which is weird since it's my go to WTC700 car. R26B RX7 is the guaranteed win for me in Tokyo.
It is only the first few wet laps, after that as long as you stay on the dry line it drives like you would expect.
Which is to be expected.

It is only the first few wet laps, after that as long as you stay on the dry line it drives like you would expect.
Which is to be expected.
I guess so, I might try it again when I'm in the mood.

I've been having fun by using the Lancia and the R32 GTR only now though I'm working on the NSX Gr. B right now, it handles great and quite fuel economic, I suspect it could go 0 stop in FM 0 - 2.

Last edited:
I guess so, I might try it again when I'm in the mood.

I've been having fun by using the Lancia and the R32 GTR only now though I'm working on the NSX Gr. B right now, it handles great and quite fuel economic, I suspect it could go 0 stop in FM 0 - 2.
I Won the race with the NSX Gr.B. This was bit of a sloppy race with two penalties as well. Mine is set up with more power witch means I have to do a pit stop for fuel. It does handle quite well but I have some other cars that performs better on Tokyo.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220810122934-NSX-GR-B.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220810122934-NSX-GR-B.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 15
I Won the race with the NSX Gr.B. This was bit of a sloppy race with two penalties as well. Mine is set up with more power witch means I have to do a pit stop for fuel. It does handle quite well but I have some other cars that performs better on Tokyo.
The best gr b car for tokyo IMO is audi quattro

Moar tests!

GR Supra RZ - Just like the Supra 97', excellent car and very fast. Car is completely stock racing with only RH tires
ZT5Aetc.png

BMW M3 07' - you can see this wasn't an easy race. The problem with this M3 is the fuel efficieny. I had to run with FM5-6 during the whole race. Stock with RH.
cLhcdNk.png

Testarossa - easy win. Car is more stable than I thought. The gap for the 2nd place may seem small, but that's because, for some reason, the NSX and the Supra didn't pit twice.
2vxly4E.png

One of these days I'll buy a custom gearbox for those 70's cars. I'm sure with their raw power is totally possible to win this race without any engine upgrades. It's like the Lancer Evo VI: it's so fast that a 5-gear limited to 250 km/h is not enough!

I'm also trying another thing. Using the same setup with RH tires, how many Weight Reduction upgrades I need to make a car viable on this race? Of course it's not a "stock challenge" if I'm adding WR upgrades, but can be quite fun. I'm finding that WR level 2 is enough to have a better acceleration and "survive" the long straight.

300ZX - I knew WR level 3 on this car could be overkill. I almost got a victory without any upgrades. Fun car. WR 2 is more than enough.
3UFk7cm.png

Fairlady Z33 - Same as above. It's fast and it's very safe. Like the GT-Rs, it's a fun car to drive. Good fuel economy too. If you like the Z34 more, it's basically the same thing. This car feels good to drive. It's almost like the Lancer Evo VI.
P5yz0Zw.png

Crown Athlete G - Now this car is a pretty heavy car. I had to get WR 3, BUT, it's worth! I mean, it's a luxurious sedan that you can safely drive. Just like the BMW Z8 and the Genesis Q70, this is how you complete this race with confort and style!
Tsp6YIN.png

The Genesis Q70 is the fastest, but in this case, just pick your favorite comfy ride. I mean, look at them:
3M3A93I.png

There's no better way to ruin your opponents day when you're cruising by while they're trying to get every little bit of power out of their modified super cars!

l3HqCNg.jpg

I got so close with the Supra 88'. I was right there! I could ram the NSX out of the way in the last turn, but then it wouldn't be valid, right? I'm sure I can win with it and I'll try again.

Some other cars I think there's no way unless power upgrades are added:

I tried the Mitsubishi GTO, Mazda RX-7 FC, BMW M3 Evo, Hyundai Genesis, Subaru WRX GC8, Integra 98, both Audi TT's (although the 14' TT is pretty good, I might try it again) and the Mustang GT 15'. Adding power upgrades is something that I don't want to use in this race, so for now I'll say it's not possible to win with those cars. The Mustang is fast, but the fuel economy is awful.

Well, I said in my previous post that I was using this event to see what is my favorite car. All of them could be a valid answer, but, if I need to pick only 1, then it's definitely the Nissan GT-R R32.

Combining all elements, sound, speed, handling, visuals... I'd say the R32 is my favorite. The R33 is pretty, the Evo is nice to drive, the Supra is very fast, the R34 sounds amazing, but, the R32 is all of them combined!

It's funny because I thought the R34 would be the fastest, but now that I'm thinking about it, I can see why it's slow compared to the others: Fuel Map.
While I can race on FM 1 with the R32 and FM2 with R33/Fairladies, I need to race with FM3-4 with the R34. Same thing with the Supra 97': it's a car that can reach 280+ km/h on the final, but you have to race on FM3.

For now, I think I'm done testing cars. To think that this race is perfectly possible with zero to very little upgrades... I said once and I'm going to say it again: definitely my favorite race!

Moar tests!

GR Supra RZ - Just like the Supra 97', excellent car and very fast. Car is completely stock racing with only RH tires
ZT5Aetc.png

BMW M3 07' - you can see this wasn't an easy race. The problem with this M3 is the fuel efficieny. I had to run with FM5-6 during the whole race. Stock with RH.
cLhcdNk.png

Testarossa - easy win. Car is more stable than I thought. The gap for the 2nd place may seem small, but that's because, for some reason, the NSX and the Supra didn't pit twice.
2vxly4E.png

One of these days I'll buy a custom gearbox for those 70's cars. I'm sure with their raw power is totally possible to win this race without any engine upgrades. It's like the Lancer Evo VI: it's so fast that a 5-gear limited to 250 km/h is not enough!

I'm also trying another thing. Using the same setup with RH tires, how many Weight Reduction upgrades I need to make a car viable on this race? Of course it's not a "stock challenge" if I'm adding WR upgrades, but can be quite fun. I'm finding that WR level 2 is enough to have a better acceleration and "survive" the long straight.

300ZX - I knew WR level 3 on this car could be overkill. I almost got a victory without any upgrades. Fun car. WR 2 is more than enough.
3UFk7cm.png

Fairlady Z33 - Same as above. It's fast and it's very safe. Like the GT-Rs, it's a fun car to drive. Good fuel economy too. If you like the Z34 more, it's basically the same thing. This car feels good to drive. It's almost like the Lancer Evo VI.
P5yz0Zw.png

Crown Athlete G - Now this car is a pretty heavy car. I had to get WR 3, BUT, it's worth! I mean, it's a luxurious sedan that you can safely drive. Just like the BMW Z8 and the Genesis Q70, this is how you complete this race with confort and style!
Tsp6YIN.png

The Genesis Q70 is the fastest, but in this case, just pick your favorite comfy ride. I mean, look at them:
3M3A93I.png

There's no better way to ruin your opponents day when you're cruising by while they're trying to get every little bit of power out of their modified super cars!

l3HqCNg.jpg

I got so close with the Supra 88'. I was right there! I could ram the NSX out of the way in the last turn, but then it wouldn't be valid, right? I'm sure I can win with it and I'll try again.

Some other cars I think there's no way unless power upgrades are added:

I tried the Mitsubishi GTO, Mazda RX-7 FC, BMW M3 Evo, Hyundai Genesis, Subaru WRX GC8, Integra 98, both Audi TT's (although the 14' TT is pretty good, I might try it again) and the Mustang GT 15'. Adding power upgrades is something that I don't want to use in this race, so for now I'll say it's not possible to win with those cars. The Mustang is fast, but the fuel economy is awful.

Well, I said in my previous post that I was using this event to see what is my favorite car. All of them could be a valid answer, but, if I need to pick only 1, then it's definitely the Nissan GT-R R32.

Combining all elements, sound, speed, handling, visuals... I'd say the R32 is my favorite. The R33 is pretty, the Evo is nice to drive, the Supra is very fast, the R34 sounds amazing, but, the R32 is all of them combined!

It's funny because I thought the R34 would be the fastest, but now that I'm thinking about it, I can see why it's slow compared to the others: Fuel Map.
While I can race on FM 1 with the R32 and FM2 with R33/Fairladies, I need to race with FM3-4 with the R34. Same thing with the Supra 97': it's a car that can reach 280+ km/h on the final, but you have to race on FM3.

For now, I think I'm done testing cars. To think that this race is perfectly possible with zero to very little upgrades... I said once and I'm going to say it again: definitely my favorite race!
Thanks for the great post! This is my favorite race as well - and with the weather map bug in the new update, Spa can be frustrating and to a lesser degree so is Sarthe. But this race has soooooo many options of cars to drive

Back