The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
You can only buy two UHD Blu-ray players in the UK at the moment and the cheapest one is 400 quid. The S will sell like hot cakes on that alone. I almost pulled the trigger on the Sammy one last week. Glad I waited as it's a no brainier to get the S.

Im pretty sure it only has UHD streaming, not UHD bluray

Description on the YouTube video:

Introducing the new Xbox One S. Play the greatest games lineup, including Xbox 360 classics, on a 40% smaller console. Experience richer, more luminous colors in games and video with High Dynamic Range technology. Stream 4K video on Netflix and Amazon Video, and watch UHD Blu-ray™ movies in stunning 4K Ultra HD.

What I can't understand is how they have managed to include a UHD Blu Ray drive in at this price, the cheapest standalone UHD player is like £400 so getting this plus a games console for £250 is crazy.

Sony did this in the past with DVD in the PS2 and Blu Ray in the PS3 but eventhough they were cheaper than the standalone players at the time they were still pricey consoles!

Last edited:
You can only buy two UHD Blu-ray players in the UK at the moment and the cheapest one is 400 quid. The S will sell like hot cakes on that alone. I almost pulled the trigger on the Sammy one last week. Glad I waited as it's a no brainier to get the S.

Been saying for a while in regards to the PS4 Neo update that HDR and 4K would be specific benefits. Looks like Microsoft has stole a head-start on Sony. Has it been confirmed the Blu Ray is 4K disc player not just an upscaler?

They have massive potential to make huge sums of money from movies/entertainment in these formats from their online storefront platforms. More to it that just games but also looks like FH3 is going to be one of the first HDR supported titles.

Polaris/GTX 10 series cards also support the newest HDMI 2b for full 4K HDR as well.

Been saying for a while in regards to the PS4 Neo update that HDR and 4K would be specific benefits. Looks like Microsoft has stole a head-start on Sony. Has it been confirmed the Blu Ray is 4K disc player not just an upscaler?

They have massive potential to make huge sums of money from movies/entertainment in these formats from their online storefront platforms. More to it that just games but also looks like FH3 is going to be one of the first HDR supported titles.

Polaris/GTX 10 series cards also support the newest HDMI 2b for full 4K HDR as well.
4k Ultra HD
With four times the resolution of standard HD 4k Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Instant Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-rayTM movies in stunning visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-s

Spencer's comment on the Scorpio basically being pointless for non 4K tv owners is laughable. Just a strategy to sell the Xbox One S. Think of it; if he didn't say such ridiculous thing, people would hold their money to buy the Scorpio intead and MS would loose sales on the Xbox One S.

With all that processing "power," there should be an improvement in fps and resolution even on non-4k tv's. His statement makes absolutely no sense.It's like saying I won't see any differences between my old PC (running a GTX 750ti) and my new PC (running on a GTX 970) if I don't get a high-end monitor (4k capable).

And I doubt the Scorpio will run games at 4K, 60fps without sacrificing textures and other things. I rather run a game at 1080p with maxed out textures, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering at max, smooth shadows, dynamic lighting, FOV, HDR, 60+fps and all the goodies. Makes more sense.

Spencer's comment on the Scorpio basically being pointless for non 4K tv owners is laughable. Just a strategy to sell the Xbox One S. Think of it; if he didn't say such ridiculous thing, people would hold their money to buy the Scorpio intead and MS would loose sales on the Xbox One S.

With all that processing "power," there should be an improvement in fps and resolution even on non-4k tv's. His statement makes absolutely no sense.It's like saying I won't see any differences between my old PC (running a GTX 750ti) and my new PC (running on a GTX 970) if I don't get a high-end monitor (4k capable).

And I doubt the Scorpio will run games at 4K, 60fps without sacrificing textures and other things. I rather run a game at 1080p with maxed out textures, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering at max, smooth shadows, dynamic lighting, FOV, HDR, 60+fps and all the goodies. Makes more sense.

4K and 60fps cannot be achieved by GTX 1080 in modern games as well. It is the fastest gfx card ATM, 9tflops.

1080P to 4K is too big a jump. Not sure why TV manufactured did that. There should be something in between like 2K. Since most people have 1080P and even most PC gamers do not have 4K display. I really do not get this 4K hype. I agree with you. As long games are 1080P with uber gfx, detail and if they can still do 60fps that is enough. Console games are designed for specific resolution and detail. May be in3-4yrs we will reach that level in 4K :lol:

Are they full of it or what? There is no way in hell a console is going to run native 4k 60fps so what are they on about?

I thought the whole point of these new consoles were to bring them up to current minimum standards that PC games enjoy (1080p 60fps, AA), even that is a huge improvement.

This video is great, it brought me down to earth. It seems like it is going to be a lot more powerful than the XBOne but for 4K? Seems very unlikely...

I thought with the next gen of consoles they would try to have every game running at 1080p @ 60 fps with the best graphics, textures, light effects, etc. Every 1080p game I have looks great, the only things that screw up the experience are frame drops, tearing, in short poor performance. If games at 4k are going are not going to be buttery smooth then I'm not going to bother with them, so I'll either build a monster PC or just stick with my TV and Xbox one.

I think you might have a situation with the scorpio where many of the games are 1440p and only some are true 4K. Like how alot of Xbox One games are 720p, and some are 1080p.

I think Forza 7 will definitely be 4K and 60fps as a launch title for the scorpio. If Turn 10 can get 1080p 60fps out of the Xbox One which is really weak, 4K and 60fps on the scorpio should be a snap for them.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is free on XBL next month, among other games.

I bought Vegas 1&2 on PS3 quite recently because of all the hype I had heard about them and boy they didn't age well. They were basically unplayable and the first one ran at like 10 FPS.

That was back when the developers were moaning that they couldn't code for the PS3 and these were terrible ports. I don't know how they were on 360 but they were awful on PS3.

Windows 10 & XB1 "Anniversary Update" coming in August.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wi...in-august-h/1100-6441365/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Features:

Win10:
MS Edge improvements
Windows Ink - Pen Overlay
Added security

XB1:
Play Anywhere - Buy a digital game on XB1 and get a free copy on Win10 (or vice versa).
Cortana - Digital assistant
Language independence - Ability to select any language, regardless of location
Background music support

Also, free upgrades for Win10 will expire on July 29.

Hi guys ive just got an xbox one, erm can you map a button for screenshots like on ps4, as a single press, or do you have to always do the double press of the xbox logo button followed by the y button...thanks..

xbox one guys can you help me, ive taken some screenshots, how the heck do you save them off the xbox onto something else...usb stick etc..

Ive gone to game DVR/ manage/ select all/ save..then get, no captures saved..??????:(

sorry none of your selected captures were saved, please try again..

Oh my, why is this 100 times harder than on a PS4????

Help.

xbox one guys can you help me, ive taken some screenshots, how the heck do you save them off the xbox onto something else...usb stick etc..

Ive gone to game DVR/ manage/ select all/ save..then get, no captures saved..??????:(

sorry none of your selected captures were saved, please try again..

Oh my, why is this 100 times harder than on a PS4????

Help.

Go to http://xboxclips.com/ and type your GamerTag into the search engine. If they have been saved to your DVR, you can access them from screenshots. ;)

Go to http://xboxclips.com/ and type your GamerTag into the search engine. If they have been saved to your DVR, you can access them from screenshots. ;)

Cheers mate, but why the heck do you have to go to websites to get your screenshots etc for xbox stuff..My ps4 is 100 times simpler to do anything..:lol:

edit, just treid that and still nothing...grrrrr

Last edited:
Ok guys doing my head in this, ive done all share game clips allow etc stuff, gone to the websites to retrieve screenshots, still dosent work, how do you do it on xbox one???...

ps4, press a button done, copy to usb stick, job done..help

Ok guys doing my head in this, ive done all share game clips allow etc stuff, gone to the websites to retrieve screenshots, still dosent work, how do you do it on xbox one???...

ps4, press a button done, copy to usb stick, job done..help
I'm not an expert on this stuff at all, but after you save a screenshot or video by double clicking the Xbox button, you still have to go into the Xbox DVR and go to manage and manually save each clip or screenshot, then after a short period of time, they will show up on xboxclips.com or xboxdvr.com etc, and then you can save screenshots, or copy links to your videos. That's how I do it.

I'm not an expert on this stuff at all, but after you save a screenshot or video by double clicking the Xbox button, you still have to go into the Xbox DVR and go to manage and manually save each clip or screenshot, then after a short period of time, they will show up on xboxclips.com or xboxdvr.com etc, and then you can save screenshots, or copy links to your videos. That's how I do it.

ive done that aswell, but says nothing was saved, try again....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Latest Posts

Back