The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
I wonder how many folks who already own the X1 or X1-S are excited about Scorpio. I mean if one ends up treating oneself to a Scorpio, then the X1 is pretty much rendered useless, yes?

I wonder how many folks who already own the X1 or X1-S are excited about Scorpio. I mean if one ends up treating oneself to a Scorpio, then the X1 is pretty much rendered useless, yes?

Maybe there will be some sort of an upgrade, trade in scheme, ebgames does that but I think they give you peanuts for the old consoles.

I'm mildy excited to be honest, I'd have preferred both Sony and MS to have waited a bit more and released a proper next-next gen console rather than this 1,5 thing. I might switch on to PC for good.

I bought a X1-S to replace my X1 a few months ago and I'm very excited about Scorpio. I'll be trading in my X1-S to partly finance the Scorpio.

Hi guys, how do you get the xbox one to automatically update games etc, like the ps4 does..

Ive gone into power mode and startup, got the keep my games and apps up to date ticked, but still it wont update, unless I get to do..My ps4 just does it as soon as you turn it on..

Also i never put either console into sleep mode etc, they are always fully turned off or on...

why wont the xbox just update...:(

Hi guys, how do you get the xbox one to automatically update games etc, like the ps4 does..

Ive gone into power mode and startup, got the keep my games and apps up to date ticked, but still it wont update, unless I get to do..My ps4 just does it as soon as you turn it on..

Also i never put either console into sleep mode etc, they are always fully turned off or on...

why wont the xbox just update...:(

Fret not O fellow X1'er. All you have to do is select Instant On and you'll see the option to Auto-system update. :cheers:

I bought a X1-S to replace my X1 a few months ago and I'm very excited about Scorpio. I'll be trading in my X1-S to partly finance the Scorpio.

That's nice. Bet you've already started shortlisting 4K TVs.

It's right there fella - just look. There's a check mark for it.

Er, Ive just been through all the options, cannot find it mate, this is what is there on the instant on page
DSC_0310.jpeg

Is there a way to check and make sure my game saves have been uploaded to the cloud?

I don't think there's a way to check outright, but as long as you're online at least once a day everything is automatically synced.

Though, I guess you could do an offline test...

I don't think there's a way to check outright, but as long as you're online at least once a day everything is automatically synced.

Though, I guess you could do an offline test...

I already deleted everything so hopefully it uploaded it all automatically. :lol:

Hopefully I'll have all this car crap sorted by the time FM7 & RDR2 come out.

Project Scorpio has appeared on the Microsoft Store with an 'email me when available' option.

upload_2017-3-11_0-15-47.png

The header for the page tab also says Pre-order.

Capture.jpg

It's kind of amusing seeing as it hasn't even got a proper name yet but I guess it tells us that more info is incoming pretty soon. It's rumoured MS might even hold it's own event before E3 to talk about it.

Images of the Project Scorpio Development Kit have surfaced courtesy of Gamasutra, I guess it gives us some idea of what the final console will look like, basically a thicker One S. I wish it could be a bit more visually interesting like the original One, especially given it's likely premium price.

Ri8eoNf.jpg

ja1qRcp.png

With all it's predecessors,

cSND56q.jpg

Loving the telemetry display, that would be awesome on the final console, sort of like the VMU on the Dreamcast.

Image of the PRODUCTION Scorpio motherboard... identical I/O to the One S.

digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-hardware-deep-dive-149227532023.png

They really are going to town revealing so much before E3. It's very unusual for so much detailed information to come to light before a stage unveil. I wonder what exactly they are going to show if we already know everything? Hopefully games games games!

My first PC build had that sort of goofy readout stuff on the front of the case and I thought it was the coolest.

It's a shame that through much of history console makers have shied away from digital displays on their consoles, which is ironic given how every £15 DVD player has one!

You know, I hope the scorpio has a physical power/eject button instead of the touch button Ones (not S's, i'm told) have. As much as I liked the effortless touch buttons, if I even dare look at it, it turns on :lol:

You know, I hope the scorpio has a physical power/eject button instead of the touch button Ones (not S's, i'm told) have. As much as I liked the effortless touch buttons, if I even dare look at it, it turns on :lol:

My fat PS3 used to turn on before my finger even touched the surface of the button :lol:

My fat PS3 used to turn on before my finger even touched the surface of the button :lol:

Same here with my X-one! It used to amuse me turning it on and off that way!

Tried to hard reset it this one time, but it keep beeping over and over.... so I backed off. Didn't want the hardware to pop a nerve. :lol:

Same here with my X-one! It used to amuse me turning it on and off that way!

Tried to hard reset it this one time, but it keep beeping over and over.... so I backed off. Didn't want the hardware to pop a nerve. :lol:

Consoles are a fussy bunch :lol:, because the PS2 was fitted with the 'Emotion Engine' people said it had an evil soul and would throw tantrums including constantly ejecting the disks or show the seriously creepy red screen suggesting that your family will be next!

Consoles are a fussy bunch :lol:, because the PS2 was fitted with the 'Emotion Engine' people said it had an evil soul and would throw tantrums including constantly ejecting the disks or show the seriously creepy red screen suggesting that your family will be next!

Hahaha, really now?

Only problem I had with my fat PS2 was the disc drive no longer reading discs as the lens was very sensitive to dust, static and the like.

Bought a slim PS2 after that. No problems at all, none. I did start covering it up properly though. :rolleyes:

Back