The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
Solus looks very intriguing, Man vs Planet, exploration, this is definitely on my Radar.

Games and DLC I definitely plan to buy:

Forza 6
Star War Battlefront 3
MGS The Phantom Pain
The Crew: Wild Run

Games on my Radar that I might buy (depending on feedback/reviews):

King's Quest Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember
Need For Speed
TrackMania Turbo
Transformers Devastation
ReCore
Sea Of Thieves
The Solus Project

1437416566-fifa16-xone-front.jpg

My XB1 is giving more grief. Clearing the persistent storage and stuff is no longer preventing the constant freezing up. I'm trying to re-sync my game save for FH2 to see if it helps the game but I am pretty sure the console itself is being a pain and causing the problem. I reinstalled the game once earlier cause of this and I don't want to do it again (it did nothing anyway...)

My XB1 is giving more grief. Clearing the persistent storage and stuff is no longer preventing the constant freezing up. I'm trying to re-sync my game save for FH2 to see if it helps the game but I am pretty sure the console itself is being a pain and causing the problem. I reinstalled the game once earlier cause of this and I don't want to do it again (it did nothing anyway...)
Sounds like it is about to die. You don't have it set to "instant on" do you? That is well known to kill X1's. Make sure it is set to "Energy save" mode.

Last edited:
Sounds like it is about to die. You don't have it set to "instant on" do you? That is well known to kill X1's. Make sure it is set to "Energy save" mode.

I've had it set to Energy save mode for a while now. I have pulled every trick out of the book to get it working properly and now it isn't doing the trick. This morning it was somewhat playable but there were still freezes and stuff every few minutes or so.

I've had it set to Energy save mode for a while now. I have pulled every trick out of the book to get it working properly and now it isn't doing the trick. This morning it was somewhat playable but there were still freezes and stuff every few minutes or so.
Sorry but its about done then. Hopefully you purchased the extended warranty. I ALWAYS recommend buying an extended warranty especially for consoles.

I have not heard of one instance yet that someone has had their One destroyed because of using Instant On. It'll obviously put slightly more wear on it, but its not much to worry about.

I know it'll be a pain, but have you done a full factory reset? If you're out of options, it doesn't hurt to try that before sending it out.

I have not heard of one instance yet that someone has had their One destroyed because of using Instant On. It'll obviously put slightly more wear on it, but its not much to worry about.
I think we have established you seem to be oblivious to most things happening on this site until you wake up later in the after noon. It has been mentioned many times in this thread along with other threads and on many sites. You seem to be one of the few on here that still have instant on...on. :lol:

I think we have established you seem to be oblivious to most things happening on this site until you wake up later in the after noon. :lol:
Well if you kind find a something linking Instant On being the case of a fried/destroyed One I'm all ears. Other then people just throwing it in the air and assuming that it is, I have not seen anything on the subject.

Found lots of articles about costs of electric bills rising because of it, but that seems about it. Even that is debatable as well.

1437666700-2.jpg 1437666700-3.jpg 1437666700-4.jpg

Life is Strange Ep. 4 Dark Room releases July 28th. Trailer below.

Gears of War Ultimate pre-order and pre-download Starts today.
Standard Ed. $39.99
Deluxe Ed.(Deluxe Weapon Skin Pack featuring 10 different Animated Weapon Skins and 36 standard Weapon Skins, the Civilian Marcus Fenix and Aaron Griffin multiplayer characters) $59.99

Last edited:
You seem to be one of the few on here that still have instant on...on. :lol:

I guees Im the other guy that keeps his on "instant on" realy haven't had an issue but every now and then my controller don't sync...but I take the batteries out and it works...maybe my controller is set to "instant on":cheers:

This is most unfortunate though I can't help but think how bizarre. Is this happening in ALL games, online and offline?

Do you also clear your alternate MAC address from time to time? After every gaming session, you should kill the power completely, so that the orange light on the power brick goes out too. This lets the system do a cold boot the next time - it's like when you boot up your PC afresh, and everything's working a bit faster and smoother.

A factory reset is your last resort. That should fix things.

Yes, Whenever clearing persisten storage didn't work alternate MAC Address was cleared afterwards. And I typically always try to do a complete shut down and start up when need bee.

My brother might try some sort of Offline Diagnostics thing before we try a factory reset because it will be less of a pain compared to clearing it all off.

Yes, Whenever clearing persisten storage didn't work alternate MAC Address was cleared afterwards. And I typically always try to do a complete shut down and start up when need bee.

My brother might try some sort of Offline Diagnostics thing before we try a factory reset because it will be less of a pain compared to clearing it all off.

What is this offline diagnostic thing you speak of? First time I'm hearing it. As for the "when need be" part, I say do a full shutdown/start up after every gaming session. This way you'll clear the cache every time to keep the system running smoothly.

As for clearing up alternate MAC address, I'm not sure how it impacts performance or operation.. but I read on reddit as well as a forum (don't recall) where one dude described his support conversation with an MS rep; she told him to do the alt MAC thingie along with P.Storage and power cycle/hard reset.

Anyway, in your case a Factory Reset isn't a bad thing and should let you determine the root cause of the issue. You'll just have to go through the trouble of reinstalling games/apps and syncing them with the cloud. Painfully long for some games (Forza), but worth it IMO.

When you plug in the power brick into main supply, does it go straight away from orange to white and then back to orange a few seconds later?

What is this offline diagnostic thing you speak of? First time I'm hearing it. As for the "when need be" part, I say do a full shutdown/start up after every gaming session. This way you'll clear the cache every time to keep the system running smoothly.

http://support.xbox.com/ar-AE/xbox-one/system/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

I think it is this thing but the way I read it is for updating the console, not fixing it or diagonising anything. (My brother is an idiot sometimes, so I guess a factory reset is the only option.)

Also the power brick does do as you mentioned above, does that mean something?

I have only purchased a few digital games and I am a little confused about the Xbox store vs the Microsoft xbox store.

For example I already pre-ordered and pre-loaded the digital Rare Replay here from the xbox store.
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Rare-Replay/bc5c9721-2752-489e-851a-aa2aa039a23c

However, if you buy it here from the Microsoft store here you get a $10.00 gift card.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...459594)(oelFIBIMgTk-vE6sfQ5JAHD59bxHcGSkgA)()

I thought they were the same place. :dunce::confused:

Last edited:
Back