The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
I have only purchased a few digital games and I am a little confused about the Xbox store vs the Microsoft xbox store.

For example I already pre-ordered and pre-loaded the digital Rare Replay here from the xbox store.
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Rare-Replay/bc5c9721-2752-489e-851a-aa2aa039a23c

However, if you buy it here from the Microsoft store here you get a $10.00 gift card.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...459594)(oelFIBIMgTk-vE6sfQ5JAHD59bxHcGSkgA)()

I thought they were the same place. :dunce::confused:
I believe that second one you linked is a physical store that sells disc based games.

http://support.xbox.com/ar-AE/xbox-one/system/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

I think it is this thing but the way I read it is for updating the console, not fixing it or diagonising anything. (My brother is an idiot sometimes, so I guess a factory reset is the only option.)

Also the power brick does do as you mentioned above, does that mean something?

Well, hats off to your bro for adding to the confusion! :lol:

Yeah, those are steps for "manually" downloading system updates in case you're having trouble getting them the regular way - Xbox Live.

I was just ruling out a problematic power brick. Your brick's good to go... I'm fairly confident a Factory Reset is the cure to your troubles.

Take it easy till then. :cheers:

Wait... is that an older Hugh Jackman in that last shot (The Prestige)?? :lol:

391916.jpg

WHOA! That's confirmation that the entire Gears series is backward compatible on X1 from 360.

Though it is a little strange to put GOW1 in with this GOW1 remake. Overall still very nice!

I am predicting a lot more info about BC tomorrow for sure.

Exactly. I wonder if Gears 2 and 3 will see a remake on the X1.

Crackdown 3 with 100% destructible environments wow. I am so glad they called it Crackdown 3 instead of just "Crackdown". That is going to be a day 1 purchase for me next year.

F6 I already have paid off for the digital version.

Even though I am not buying H5 at launch because of TMCC, that LE console and controller looks so good.

I like that Halo 5 controller a lot. Still wont get H5 at launch. But if H5 launches well, then I will probably pick it up a week later and eventually get one of those controllers.

Nice they are showing some more info about Fable legends. I have been in the closed beta and cant say anything other than it has been enjoyable and graphically very beautiful.

Already pre-ordered RB4 and the entire kit.

- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night to feature cross-play between X1 and Windows 10
- X1 to get DVR functionality in future update.

JPN release of Gears of War: Ultimate Ed. has been cancelled due to certification.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting a bit nervous about next month on the X1? Between all the games coming out and the new dashboard going live, I am expecting some major downtime for xboxlive. I really hope not. I would just recommend setting some single player games aside just in case.

I was considering opting out of the preview program because the new dash is having a lot of problems. I guess we will see what happens.

Anyone else getting a bit nervous about next month on the X1? Between all the games coming out and the new dashboard going live, I am expecting some major downtime for xboxlive. I really hope not. I would just recommend setting some single player games aside just in case.

I was considering opting out of the preview program because the new dash is having a lot of problems. I guess we will see what happens.

Cool; the new dash is coming out next month? So no wonder we didn't get any October system updates.

Cool; the new dash is coming out next month? So no wonder we didn't get any October system updates.
It is supposed to come out at the end of November BUT there are many problems with it so they have about a month to fix all the issues. Otherwise, it is going to be a miserable experience worldwide when that launches. Hopefully if the bugs are not resolved, they will just bump the update to December. I guess we will see what happens. I have quite a few friends in it right now and I am about to be in it any day since I am a preview member. I was really thinking about opting out of the preview program to avoid this new update but I guess we will see how it goes. :scared:

It is supposed to come out at the end of November BUT there are many problems with it so they have about a month to fix all the issues. Otherwise, it is going to be a miserable experience worldwide when that launches. Hopefully if the bugs are not resolved, they will just bump the update to December. I guess we will see what happens. I have quite a few friends in it right now and I am about to be in it any day since I am a preview member. I was really thinking about opting out of the preview program to avoid this new update but I guess we will see how it goes. :scared:
I opted out on the plain fact that they have acknowledged the issues in the post they send you, and even go so far saying the only way to fix it if something bad would happen is to completely wipe your One. No thanks :lol:

I opted out on the plain fact that they have acknowledged the issues in the post they send you, and even go so far saying the only way to fix it if something bad would happen is to completely wipe your One. No thanks :lol:
Yeah one of my friends had some really, really bad times with the new dash. And yes he ended up losing almost all of his data after a wipe.

^^ Wow, really?

Guess I'll stick to my current dash, until I see what reviews have to say.
When it launches next month worldwide, you wont have any choice other than to use the new update. Unless you never hook your X1 to the internet. That will be about the only way to avoid the update.

That was for the testers, I doubt they'd release it still like that.
Exactly. That is why the update is being beta tested by preview members. Preview members are even warned in advance that the preview program is a beta and will have problems. Lets just hope that if it is still very buggy by the time it was initially supposed to be launched (late November), they will just bump the date until December. I know it has improved, but it is still fairly unstable.

Yeah one of my friends had some really, really bad times with the new dash. And yes he ended up losing almost all of his data after a wipe.

When it launches next month worldwide, you wont have any choice other than to use the new update. Unless you never hook your X1 to the internet. That will be about the only way to avoid the update.

Exactly. That is why the update is being beta tested by preview members. Preview members are even warned in advance that the preview program is a beta and will have problems. Lets just hope that if it is still very buggy by the time it was initially supposed to be launched (late November), they will just bump the date until December. I know it has improved, but it is still fairly unstable.

Do you think the dash will have any impact on game performance? Doubt it.

Well my worst fear just happened. Apparently last night they tried to convert me to the new dashboard. I just had a random huge update out of nowhere. So that is my guess. I let it run for at least an hour or two and it would not fully install the update. So I left my x1 on and went to bed. Got up this morning and something did not work. Now my X1 wont even turn completely on. It just locks up at the X1 screen. So I would HIGHLY recommend opting out of the preview program asap. Not a good sign at all of November for X1 users.

Been on phone with customer service trying to resolve this. :ill::(:mischievous: I will respond later with the outcome.

Update 1
I called customer service after waiting 15 minutes on the phone, they sent me to xbox.com support page. Currently in a live chat that has a 30 minute wait time. Going to be a long day.

Update 2 and conclusion
Was in an live chat with an xbox rep for dang near 3 hours. We Tried everything possible including trying to bypass the system update hardware with a flashdrive. Bottom line, it is fried from trying to do the update. Good thing I have an extended 3 year warranty. Trying to figure out the warranty situation right now. On hold with warranty company.

Update 3
The warranty company is sending me a free shipping label via email. The shipping, return and repairs will all be free. :) I will ship it out on monday.

Last edited:
Well my worst fear just happened. Apparently last night they tried to convert me to the new dashboard. I just had a random huge update out of nowhere. So that is my guess. I let it run for at least an hour or two and it would not fully install the update. So I left my x1 on and went to bed. Got up this morning and something did not work. Now my X1 wont even turn completely on. It just locks up at the X1 screen. So I would HIGHLY recommend opting out of the preview program asap. Not a good sign at all of November for X1 users.

Been on phone with customer service trying to resolve this. :ill::(:mischievous: I will respond later with the outcome.

Update 1
I called customer service after waiting 15 minutes on the phone, they sent me to xbox.com support page. Currently in a live chat that has a 30 minute wait time. Going to be a long day.

Update 2 and conclusion
Was in an live chat with an xbox rep for dang near 3 hours. We Tried everything possible including trying to bypass the system update hardware with a flashdrive. Bottom line, it is fried from trying to do the update. Good thing I have an extended 3 year warranty. Trying to figure out the warranty situation right now. On hold with warranty company.

Update 3
The warranty company is sending me a free shipping label via email. The shipping, return and repairs will all be free. :) I will ship it out on monday.
Bloody hellfire! My warranty has run out. I should imagine they'll have it sorted before general roll-out, otherwise it'll be lawsuit city

Quick question, I was part of the preview program on my older Xbox, recently got the Forza Xbox, is there a way to confirm if I am still using it?

Update 1

Update 2 and conclusion

Update 3

Wow... what a load of bollocks!

Good thing you had the warranty, so free/brand new console for your pains!

According to one of the comments on this article MS will replace any hardware that's borked by the update regardless of whether or not it's still under warranty though I guess even if that's true it won't get your saves back.

http://www.windowscentral.com/some-new-xbox-one-experience-previewers-hit-buggy-update

I can't see personally see them releasing the NXOE update globally if it's in this state. It'd be commercial suicide. Glad I didn't join the preview programme though.

Latest Posts

Back