Theme Install for XP Pro!! How do you do this???

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by NocturnalPS, Jan 25, 2002.

1. NocturnalPS

NocturnalPS Staff Emeritus

Like the topic says. How do you install a theme in XP??? I found the place where the themes are but when i go to try and put a theme in it says that its in the wrong place or something like that. :rolleyes: Im stumped can anyone help.

2. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

I don't have XP, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. Have you tried XP's help system? It might be worth a shot...

3. Jon

Jon (Banned)

But Jordan you said this.....

You said you had XP.

4. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Sure, I've got the box, but my peripherals don't have the proper drivers to support it! So, rather than start a huge, month-long headache of upgrading and re-instating my computer to a usable state, I decided to wait for my new system. :(

5. space

space

use the program styleXP, thats what i use, pretty nifty too.

As far as i can tell XP its self wont let you just download themes like win9x would. Or they havent been released/worked on yet. Prolly all the themes you have seen are the "skins" for styleXp, windowsblindsXP. etc.

stylexp is a program that skins all your windows, just like a theme, but more like winamp :)

If you are intrested, i'll give you the link for styleXP in the morining, i need some sleep now :sleep:

EDIT: if you are intrested i could also load up some pics of what styleXP looks like

6. NocturnalPS

Sure man! i would like all the help i can get. :D

7. NocturnalPS

I saw lots off cool looking themes for xp at winxptheme.com ill try and see if they have this styleXP you talk about. :D But send me the link just in case.

8. NocturnalPS

Hey thanks but i have already found this program. I didnt like it too much though :( But do you know of any other program to use?

9. NocturnalPS

Well ive use windowsblinds when i had 98 on here. but i didnt like that one too much also. I guess im just poo out of luck. :p

10. NocturnalPS

??? What the???

11. NocturnalPS

oh N/M :D

12. space

space

Ok you got me a little confused :confused: you have used Windowslbinds before, and you didnt like it correct? and you found styleXP, and you didnt like that either, correct?

Hmmm... I think there might be acouple mroe programs out there, i'll check

13. space

space

14. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

15. NocturnalPS

Well i wouldnt mind using styleXP . Its just that i have no idea on how to use it correctly. :( I dont know what im doing, its a bit hard.

16. NocturnalPS

Theres this one fire looking one that i want and its for styleXP but i dont know how to apply it. :(

17. NocturnalPS

okay i dl some stylexp themes and all that works is the color and look of the menus. I cant get the wall paper to work at all :confused: :confused: :confused: In the download it looks like everything would come with it but i just dont understand how to get the themes wallpaper to come up, in fact i dont even see a wallpaper img there at all.

18. space

space

on the leftside select the wallpaper option, then a little menu will open, select one from there, or if you dont like those you can slect your own

19. NocturnalPS

Hummm ill check that out. Thanks :p

20. Jon

Jon (Banned)

Oh ok.