Theme Suggestion

Too many people still don't know how to do it...

I like this weeks theme but not everyone has an orange car.

I think any American (or other country) cars would be a cool theme.

How about actual race photos (more than one car can be seen) or passing photo?

I like the country-based theme idea too, but you could probably even do a certain manufacturer. That might lead to a bunch of one car though.

The color theme is cool, but orange was just such an off-the-wall color.

I like the idea of a top-down pic because you can catch the driver in a frantic motion when you push the car hard.

Last idea would be a decade based theme ('60s, '70s, etc).

Just my thoughts.

How about a white theme.

So rules would be, white car, in the snow (snow track)

Would get some brilliant photo's.

As soon as the 1st Competition's Poll is over, the winner will decide the next theme. However if it is out of reason, I will choose an alternative theme. I've just picked a couple of themes to start off with until this 1st poll ends.

It's too early for Panorama
also think about the euro GT4 just out for a day
even they know how to make one, it will be lack of car choice for their entry
save that for next few weeks

I think limiting colour is cool ... as long as it is not white, silver or black
because we want to limit the possible of car choice
otherwise it will be like week1 ...

my suggestion
limiting Black and white photo, specific track, specific car company or car model (like any generation of skyline or Evos), or D1 cars only

ps - open top car will be cool ... as long as limiting production/concept cars only, not race car .... so no one can submit a F1, or R8 ... Haha

foolkiller79
How about actual race photos (more than one car can be seen) or passing photo?

I like the country-based theme idea too, but you could probably even do a certain manufacturer. That might lead to a bunch of one car though.

The color theme is cool, but orange was just such an off-the-wall color.

I like teh idea of a top-down pic because you can catch the driver in a frantic motion when you push the car hard.

Last idea would be a decade based theme ('60s, '70s, etc).

Just my thoughts.
all really good ideas! the mfr idea is cool too, and I actually was thinking it might be good to have a competition limited down to just ONE car. that way some real competition can shine... with something so redundant as having many pictures of the same car, the winner would be the one who can get the most creative with the exposure, focus, and angle.

Slick6
As soon as the 1st Competition's Poll is over, the winner will decide the next theme. However if it is out of reason, I will choose an alternative theme. I've just picked a couple of themes to start off with until this 1st poll ends.
that's actually an excellent idea as well!

another theme could be locations. pick a certain track or photo area, and people can use any car. this would be better for stressing camera angles or action shots and stuff, as well as being able to showcase any car they wanted.

at least for limiting cars, you could use the restrictions found in many races of the game (FR, FF, Pre 1970 only, supercars, etc...) I also like the idea of limiting it to "race" cars, like cars with race decals and vinyls only or something.

How about being really specific...
like "only with fire shooting out the tailpipe" (I've got an awesome one for that) or "jumping" or "only two wheels on the ground" etc...

Just a thought. Keep up the good work!

Alpha_32
woo 300pics of one car, sounds really interesting 👎

I think one-car contests would be good - it forces you to get creative and make your picture stand out. The Delorean's got enough character to pull this off. 👍

CrackHoor
I think one-car contests would be good - it forces you to get creative and make your picture stand out. The Delorean's got enough character to pull this off. 👍
yeah, what he said...

myself earlier in this thread
and I actually was thinking it might be good to have a competition limited down to just ONE car. that way some real competition can shine... with something so redundant as having many pictures of the same car, the winner would be the one who can get the most creative with the exposure, focus, and angle.

I just came up with one, but it's maybe a little too specific.

The best picture of a car taking Pflugplatz at the Nurburgring. (That being the "jump" after the opening twisty section, after the bridge.)

Touring Mars
How about backs of cars only?

Their bums? Eww, that's where cooties come from! :yuck:

How about this: best mistake pic - the car has to be spinning, off track, flipped, or on fire. Possibly all four at once, but the last two might be a real challenge. And in motion, not posed.

yep crash pics would be good, or at least the car having a major loss and out of control. In the game crashes aren't at all realistic so to get a convincing shot of one about to happen would be a good test.

Jumps will be a great theme, of course!...

fast and beautiful cars doing a big jump... rally or tarmac...

buffff :D :D :D

How about movie scenes??

Recreating somthing from movies like Ronin (ofcourse we would have to use the RS6 instead, but still...) or Taxi (except we are missing a 405, but we do have Merc 190 and Evo's :P ). I could go one, but you get the idea...

I think it could be fun... Many weeks still left in this century, so maybe one day... ;)

if there is a panorama contest, should we limit to certain theme? like american cars only ... or do you guys think shouldn't limit at all? since not alot people know how to make one

I'd like to see a theme that is not limited to type of car, track, jump...but is intended to make people really think about the theme such as: "Vanishing Point", it's not specific and can be interpreted in many different ways. Other examples could be: "Full throttle" "Too close for comfort" or "Rendezvous"

Having said that, the new theme is quite challenging - have to think about that one!

What's up with this week's theme??? Way to vauge and bland! Toooooo many options at thee old Schleife! Needs to be narrowed down in my opinion! It needs to be something like 'A Black German car at the ring'... or a BMW or Mercedes on that famous roundabout, concrete turn (whatever it's called)... Know what I mean?:indiff:

440 CHARGER
What's up with this week's theme??? Way to vauge and bland! Toooooo many options at thee old Schleife! Needs to be narrowed down in my opinion! It needs to be something like 'A Black German car at the ring'... or a BMW or Mercedes on that famous roundabout, concrete turn (whatever it's called)... Know what I mean?:indiff:
I agree with 440 .... any unique cars will win the contest
it is better to narrow it down ... at least limit to car type (e.g. production car only)

Back