• 85 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
Man, this has almost convinced me to get an Xbox! Take a look at these screenshots for Rallisport Challenge... Have you ever seen particle effects like that before? :eek: I want it now!

(Make sure you give all of these images time to load completely. I can assure you it's worth the wait!)

rsc_screen013.jpg

rsc_screen017.jpg

rsc_screen018.jpg

rsc_screen019.jpg

rsc_screen021.jpg

rsc_screen023.jpg

rsc_screen025.jpg

rsc_screen029.jpg

rsc_screen035.jpg

rsc_screen036.jpg

rsc_screen043.jpg

Wow ... that's really awsome ... it makes GT1 and GT2 look like a kid's game (:

I still don't know if I can put more money into Microsoft products, though. I really like Sony, and I think they're doing a good thing.

~LoudMusic

yeah they are great, but im sure when sony brings out a rally based game it will be of same quality, gt3 is only a bit sketchy with the dust and stuff because it is such a large game.:)

Originally posted by Peace
yeah they are great, but im sure when sony brings out a rally based game it will be of same quality, gt3 is only a bit sketchy with the dust and stuff because it is such a large game.:)

That's not exactly true ... the Xbox's hardware specifications are quite superior compared to the Playstation2. It has the ability to draw more points and polygons, and fill the triangles faster. Gran Turismo 3 is just about as good as it's going to get for the PS2, visually speaking. There are some tricks that they can pull to get a little better visual performance out of it, but nothing close to these screen shots.

~LoudMusic

WOW!!! That's increadable. I'm just a little curious how many times they had to re-boot the X-Box before they could get it to load? :rolleyes:

Yeah, those screens are pretty good. I have still heard of HUGE prblems with X-Box though. Well just see what happens.

Originally posted by LoudMusic

I still don't know if I can put more money into Microsoft products, though. I really like Sony, and I think they're doing a good thing.

~LoudMusic

I'd much rather put my mony into supporting Sony than the Gates empire. Those screenshots are pretty impressive, but no more so than the GT3 shots I've seen.
There's something about the textures of the vehicles in those x-box shots that's not quite on, if you know what I mean!

Reasons why PS2 is going to kill X-box:

1. Relatively easy development
2. HUGE number of developers
3. Titles Like GT, Twisted Metal, Final Fantasy
4. Almost all the game reviews ive seen say that xbox is all glitter and no gutz

Reasons why xbox will stick around

1. Microsoft is spending HUGE amounts on advertizing
2. Its already hyped up
3. It uses Microsoft Direct X 8.0, a common 3d utility
4. Microsoft has a HUGE advertizing budget

Originally posted by racer_eks
Reasons why PS2 is going to kill X-box:

1. Relatively easy development
2. HUGE number of developers
3. Titles Like GT, Twisted Metal, Final Fantasy
4. Almost all the game reviews ive seen say that xbox is all glitter and no gutz

Reasons why xbox will stick around

1. Microsoft is spending HUGE amounts on advertizing
2. Its already hyped up
3. It uses Microsoft Direct X 8.0, a common 3d utility
4. Microsoft has a HUGE advertizing budget

actually number one is the other way around. sony's tools for developement are apparently extremely difficult to use. the xbox is the one that's simple as pie to develop for, especially with easy pc to xbox ports.
but they don't have ffx.:D and that's all i care about right now.
oh yeah, and the screenshots are great, i just hope that whoever is making that game realizes how bland it looks. and i probably won't buy it unless they throw a monkey into one of those trees.;)

Thanks for turning the thread into an X-box rant. :rolleyes: This is probably one of the best looking rally games I've seen other than GT3's rally races, which is far from what rallying is really like.

I have to agree with Jordan overall though.I will more than likely in the next year purchase an X-Box. Number one reason: Microsoft

X-Box if you give it a year or two it will be the #1 console. Well for one, it has over 800 MHz compared to the PS2's mid 200 MHz. It has frekaing 64 MB of memory compared to PS2's 32 MB. X-Box is huge everybody dont you see? In a year or two or sooner developers are gonna be like "hey check out this machine....its fantastic!" Everybody......watch out....X-Box is here to stay for a long time. :( But there is still only one console for my heart and it is my PS2. :D

if we're going to keep comparing GT3 to this game, remember that there's more than one car on the course. more polys distributed among 6 cars or 2 for a rally, than one car like in these screens. oh yeah, how does rallisport play? cuz, GT3 rocks, although it's not a rally game.

These look like screen grabs, not photos...that's part of why they look better. If you put your PS2 through a decent SVGA monitor, I think the visual quality of GT3 would improve drastically ('cos TV resolution SUCKS! )

I don't think we've already topped out the graphic capabilities of the PS2, either. Look at how much PS1 games improved over the six years it's been out.

BTW, I like the one shot of the car going over the cliff. 😈

Toonces, NOOOOOOOOO!

I dont think the graphics are that good. Yeah, the background looks good but the cars, they look like the World Sports Cars game on the dirt. I think I will stay with my PS2!:D

Other than those retard looking racers in the car, it looks alright I guess. It still looks...out of date. I mean, with what everyone is saying about XBox, you'd expect almost life-like visuals, and those screenshots are far from lifelike..just MHO (my humble opinion)

Hi all.

Medium Time reader, first time poster.

The screenshots look good, but do those shots represent the game, or the movie in the beginning?

If those are screenshots from the actual game being played, not bad. If that's just the movie from the beginning... not impressed.

Also I like the cars in GT3 better. Drivers are not as important.

PL

- Ford Focus Rally is my cure for the common rally car.

Originally posted by paulluciano
Hi all.

Medium Time reader, first time poster.

The screenshots look good, but do those shots represent the game, or the movie in the beginning?

If those are screenshots from the actual game being played, not bad. If that's just the movie from the beginning... not impressed.

Also I like the cars in GT3 better. Drivers are not as important.

PL

- Ford Focus Rally is my cure for the common rally car.

Welcome to the board! Resistance is futile....we will assimilate your biological uniqueness as part of our own...or something. Seriously, be prepared to spend waaaaaaay too much time here. :)

Those are actual in-game screenshots, as far as I know. They look a bit unfinished, but are very sharp otherwise. See my earlier post concerning this game vs. GT3, though.

Yes the shoots are impressive. Will it make me go buy an X Box? No. I belive compatian breeds excelence, so Sony will have to counter X Box agressively to come out on top. And I personally can't wait for that. Greatness will be reborn.

The Roadman has spoken.

THE BEST SYSTEM TO EVER COME OUT WILL AND ALLWAYS BE PS2 BECAUSE WHAT COMPANIES DO XBOX HAVE AND GAMECUBE. PS2 WILL ROCK THOSE SYSTEMS AND I LOVE MY PS2 IT JUST STARTED OUT AND IT HAS THE BEST LOOKING GAMES AND STILL MORE TO COME.I CANT WAIT INTIL THEY MAKE A MOD CHIP SO I CAN BURN GAMES.IN THAT RALLY GAME THE PEOPLE ALL LOOK HE SAME AND GT3 WASENT ALL RALLY THAT'S WHY IT WASENT AS GOOD

after what i saw, i am filled with admiration towards the x-box eventhough i hate bill gates, but these pictures are somr serious piece of art, i live for rallying and that was awesome, but any of you guys know about w.r.c. 2001 on ps2 and when is it coming out in the u.s.?
thanks guys.
i am so obssesed with rallying that i tried to power slide a ford ranchero into a 90 degree left hand side corner that i ended up slaming into the curb breaking the right hand side rims, wishbone, struts, disc brakes, springs, disk calibers, and the car is not mine it's my friends, now i have to pay for all of this, and can you beleive it there was no body damage to the car!!:D :D
that's the story of my life, thank you for you'r attendance!!:D

Originally posted by mario16
THE BEST SYSTEM TO EVER COME OUT WILL AND ALLWAYS BE PS2 BECAUSE WHAT COMPANIES DO XBOX HAVE AND GAMECUBE. PS2 WILL ROCK THOSE SYSTEMS AND I LOVE MY PS2 IT JUST STARTED OUT AND IT HAS THE BEST LOOKING GAMES AND STILL MORE TO COME.I CANT WAIT INTIL THEY MAKE A MOD CHIP SO I CAN BURN GAMES.IN THAT RALLY GAME THE PEOPLE ALL LOOK HE SAME AND GT3 WASENT ALL RALLY THAT'S WHY IT WASENT AS GOOD

WHOA THERE TRIGGER, WE READ YOU LOUD AND CLEAR.

I'm going to assume that (a) you haven't researched any of the systems and are going strictly on gut instinct, and (b) you don't know anything about Microsoft.

The XBox will provail. It is the superior system. Microsoft doesn't have to get support from software vendors, because it is one of the biggest. If there is something they feel needs to be made, they'll make it ... or BUY IT.

However, I have chosen to not support Microsoft by purchasing an XBox. Somehow that thought just doesn't settle well with me. I think that Sony is a better company doing better things with more stock in their customers. They have a history of making reliable high-end products. The Trinitron CRT tube for example. There's a quote, "There are two kinds of monitors. Those with Trinitron tubes, and those without." Sony works with other members of the field to improve standards amongst manufactures, example ... SPDIF (Sony-Phillips Digital Infterface Format). It seems to me that Sony is trying to make the consumer feel better about their purchase. Microsft is just trying to take over the world. Their products cut off other manufacturers and force the consumer to come to Microsoft for upgrades and add-ons. Look at the .NET project for goodness sake! They're trying to replace the Internet standard of Java and Javascript with a completely propriotary language!

Now then ... if a friend of mine decides to buy an XBox (for the unGodly $500), I won't refuse to play it (:

~LoudMusic

That rally game looks fairly impressive, but if you compare to what you see there, even to the rally part of GT3, it doesn't look 1/2 as good. Why? Look at the environments... GT3 brings the tracks to life, the rally game on X-Box is just... road/dirt with a car and 2 guys.

That is one of the reasons that I bought GT3; any race track you chose (except the test track of course), is filled with details, from the advertisements on the sides, to the carousel at night, to the people on the side, everything is brought together to make a really cool looking, living racing environment. When you add great looking cars to it, the game just draws you in to the point where you have it hooked up to you through IV's when you're sleeping at night.

GT3 is simply the best racing game will probably remain so for a VERY long time (or until GT4 comes out).

BTW, PS2 will in my opinion beat the X-Box in the console wars because of all the 3rd party developers making games such as Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy X, Grand Theft Auto 3, Devil May Cry, etc. All great games, MGS2 really shows what the PS2 is capable of, FFX is sure to turn heads, and GTA3 is simply one of the funnest game ever made. Microsoft is going to have to PURCHASE game developers (such as Bungie making HALO) and force them to make all the QUALITY games for it's X-Box. Sure some great games will break through on X-Box, maybe even some PS2 ports, but X-Box won't have the vast amount of quality games that the PS2 will... And that's why the PS2 will win, plus everyone hates Microsoft, for whatever reason it may be... :)

Back