Think u r good in GT4? Think again! 5min34sec ride of ur life!

• Thread starter shin8
  • 234 comments
Thats quite an impresive run but having mastered that track in PGR2 i cant help but notice a few corners where he could have been a little bit quicker. Also i noticed how much better the ring looked in GT4 than PGR2.

Once again contratulations on your good run and gold medal. Nuburgring is a difficult track to master :)

Oh and thanks for posting the vid i enjoy seeing things like that

That was one hell of a lap. I can see that there is room for a better time may be i the high 5:20's or low 5:30's.

I don't think their is anyone on this planet dares to drive like that in real life!

yeah not bad. It was consistant. Its never easy to concertrate hard for that long and that sensation of speed i know you reached 360kph (230mph) in games it never looks it ,but thats sure as hell does!

What gets me is that was done so quicly after the release of the game. To drive it that well allready chances are he allready knew the track from another game. Possiblly Project Gotham Racing 2 on xbox.

5'34?

Top time at GTRP is 5'25.272, from Flinx. I wouldn't even need to look at Flinx's replay to know it's genuine.

Besides, gold is 5'47.510. 5'34 is only 4% quicker than that...

Stune
What gets me is that was done so quicly after the release of the game. To drive it that well allready chances are he allready knew the track from another game. Possiblly Project Gotham Racing 2 on xbox.
I don't think so in my opinion. They are both different in feel. Is like you're in circuit racing and suddenly change to rallying

OK.. ok.. How many tries did you have before that lap.

I ran this track and it wore me out.. I can't wait for the US version so I can learn the in's and out's..

(Brother in law has Jversion I got to play over Holidays.. Now I wish I had one as well)

Great run... that track is very hard to run...

v.

damn, i only did it once, but i only got a 6.08.xxx, i was taking it pretty easy, didn't want to do the whole thing over again.............that guy is insane whoever did that

That video is insane!! I have the game so i know how crazy that race is. It's extremely crazy driving that car. Man 5'34 is very fast. For those of you that have not played the GT4 the car handling is really aggressive. It almost feels like the car is going to lose grip at anytime during high speed. I was very timid with the car when driving it for the first time. You want to push it, but it feels scary when pushing the car. The car does posses great handling ability. I was just happy getting a bronze in the race, but when get more famliar with the car and the track I will attempt to get gold.

Well when the real life record at the ring is 6:11 recorded back in '83 by Stefan Bellof in the awesome 956, I must admit - it does make you wonder how realistic GT4 is when a time of 5:34 is recorded.

Also, don't let the fact the 1983 956 is an old car fool you. It dominated for more than ten years at Le mans and only started to feel dated in 1998.

Its probably the most successful (racing) sports car of all time.

p.s

Now that the 956's record at the 'ring' has being broken in GT4, the challenge now is to beat the 956's time at the unchicaned Le man circuit. In 1983, the Porsche 956 completed a lap in 3:16.5 - And down the mulsunne straight, the 956 was timed at 246mph.

So there's the challenge - to beat 246mph down the main straight and beat 3:16.5 around the unchicaned circuit. :)

I hope you guys noticed taht this car is a Sauber C9. This time is realistic, it's just that no one has the guts to drive that fast with taht much precision.

That was f--kin' intense dude.

I can not wait for this any longer.

MAN!

350km/h through some of those sections.

That's insane.

N.J.
Well when the real life record at the ring is 6:11 recorded back in '83 by Stefan Bellof in the awesome 956, I must admit - it does make you wonder how realistic GT4 is when a time of 5:34 is recorded.

Also, don't let the fact the 1983 956 is an old car fool you. It dominated for more than ten years at Le mans and only started to feel dated in 1998.

Its probably the most successful (racing) sports car of all time.

p.s

Now that the 956's record at the 'ring' has being broken in GT4, the challenge now is to beat the 956's time at the unchicaned Le man circuit. In 1983, the Porsche 956 completed a lap in 3:16.5 - And down the mulsunne straight, the 956 was timed at 246mph.

So there's the challenge - to beat 246mph down the main straight and beat 3:16.5 around the unchicaned circuit. :)

Not again!

There are many reasons why times in GT4 may be quicker than real life and I went into them in detail along with other people in the other thread this was mentioned.

I don't think even the mighty McLaren F1 has broken 7:00 at the ring. Look at the Porsche Carrera GT - its time is 7:28 isn't it?

p.s

Which thread was the realism issue mentioned - I'd like to read it.

Dang, there were several times where I thought that guy was hitting the gas way to early. just gaining way to much speed out of the turns and I thought for sure he was gonna plow off the road. But sure enough every time he would squeze on the power the car would tighten it's line and ride a rail on out. Just like the F1 cars in GT3. That Sauber thing is gonna be a wild ride.

OH dear god, history is already repeating itself again. We've gone through this "its not realistic" debate already. There are things we don't know, 1 being wether or not the GT4 S16 liscens test C9 is in its stock form or not. For all we know its on the softest tires in the game and has some hp upgrades. That will make a big difference in the time achievable. 2, has anyone driven the REAL C9 on the ring???? I cant find any times for one lapping on the real track. Kinda hard to compare the two when you dont know some very important info.

The thread is called: 24 hours of the nurburg ring. It started out about a thread on Hyde's progress through the 24 hour race, then it turned into a debate on the realism of the C9 at the ring. It should be on page 2 or 3, I dont want to go and find the link to it.

Back