This file is not suitible for the PS2 (crap!!)

• Thread starter F1man
  • 75 comments
:( :eek: :( :( :mad: Every time I try using the SharkPort tring to save a car on to my game i always get THIS FILE IS NOT SUITIBLE FOR THE PS2 ! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: how can i save a game save car ? :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :( :( :( :mad:

U can't add a car to your game with the SP. U have to get the save from your mem card to your PC with the SP, then open the save with MK's, using the read garage button. Then hilite a cell in the car U wish to replace in your existing save, and with the import car button, select the car file from your PC. When U are done, use the write garage to create your new game file, and then restore it to your mem card with the SP.

I think i kind of get it now...It`s wierd that when you try to use only your sharkport it does not work and with mks program you tinker around with it then use your sahrkport it will work...i will try that btw..! thanks ! :) ;)

Originally posted by Heydu
U can't add a car to your game with the SP. U have to get the save from your mem card to your PC with the SP, then open the save with MK's, using the read garage button. Then hilite a cell in the car U wish to replace in your existing save, and with the import car button, select the car file from your PC. When U are done, use the write garage to create your new game file, and then restore it to your mem card with the SP.

How long did it take you to figure it out?

um meme i told ya the same thing buddy. I think you are just overlooking something somewhat small and thats why things are not working right either than or maybe the mem card is messed up. Just a thought

It took me a couple tries to get it. When are U getting the game not found? When U are trying to restore it to the mem card?

o.k i figured out how to get the data out of my meme card but how do you save your data from you mem card to your P.C? (

this part im checking with you just to see if im right.... this is a different q o.k.... so yo get the info out of the meme card and save it to a file now you open up your game from the part you saved to your P.C then you open up mks program open the save that you got from your game then PUT the car into your game save then save your changes then you open up the sharkport program then you restore it to your meme card then you are done?!?!)

I THINK IM BEGAINING TO UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!!!:D :D

Sounds like U have the basic idea. Also keep in mind that the car that U are importing must be in the form of an ini file. For instance, the one U linked in your second post is a zip file, which must be unzipped first before U can import it. Here is a description of how to do it once U have the file unzipped, (so it's in ini form).

1-Start your sharkport software, wait for the "waiting for command" screen.
2-Click on "mem card" button, (bottom left of PC software).
3-Check off the box next to your GT3 save, and click the "backup" button.
4-Now click the "PC Database" button, (bottom center of PC software).
5-Locate the save and check the box next to it, click the send button, select file, and pick a folder to put it in.
6-Now open MK's, click "Read Garage", and locate the save and select it.
7-Hilite a cell in the car U wish to replace, click "Import Car", and locate and select the ini file for the car U want to place in the save.
8-Click "Write Garage", and give the save a new name, and save it to a folder.
9-Go back to the Sharkport, in the PC Database, click "Import Saves", locate your new save and select it.
10-Locate the save in the PC Database window, and check the box next to it, and click "Restore. A screen should come up asking if U want to replace the existing save, click yes.

Here's a few other things

1-I deleted all of the saves in my PC Database window, so it is empty. This way it's easy to locate the save that U import.

2-Keep in mind, that once U import the save into the PC database window it will not have the name U gave it, but instead will be named what ever it was when U downloaded it from your mem card in the first place.

OK, to correct that U have to open the ini file and change the region, depending on where U are from. PAL users region=EU, NTSC users region=US.

to open the ini, locate it on your pc and double click on it, or open notepad and open it with that. The beginning of the file should l look like this,

[GT3CarData]
Region=US
BaseType= _996_gt3
BaseName= 911(996) GT3

Just edit the second line to the correct region and resave it, then U can import it.

This is a quote from post 17.

"to open the ini, locate it on your pc and double click on it, or open notepad and open it with that."

I don't know if U didn't read it, or don't understand it, so I will be more specific.

There are 2 ways to do this.

1st way-On your desktop, double click on "MY Computer", then on the drive where the ini is saved, then on the folder it is saved in. When U see the file double click on it, and it will open. Edit the region and resave it.

2nd way-Click on "Start",(lower left of your monitor), then programs-accessories-and notepad. In notepad click file, then open. At the bottom where it says files of type, select "All Files", then go to the folder where the file is saved and select and open it. Edit the region and resave it.

Now U should be able to import it to MK's

Hope this helps.

Back