This Ford F-100 Restomod Is Vintage Americana With the Heart of a Mercedes-Benz

I'm not sure what's so wrong with it not having a V8, it's not like it's meant to be a track toy. It's a cruiser, so a V6 is probably more than enough. Plus it gets points for not going the "cram as much power under the hood as possible because reasons" route that far too many people go down.

I don't mind the V6 and I appreciate the 5-speed automatic, but the way it sits just irks me.

Setting aside my general dislike of aggressively lowered (admittedly this one is still well clear of excessively), which is to say beyond reducing the gap between the top of a normal sized tire and the edge of the fender, these trucks are about the least likely to pull it off with those shallow fenders creating a visual "waist" more prominent than that of the actual beltline marked by the top of the hood. With such a low waist and high roof, it ends up looking top-heavy...as this one does.

If you really want to pull off lowering of these, you need to section the body through the hood, firewall and doors--which brings the actual beltline closer to the tops of the fenders--and chop the top.

Or, you know, don't lower it so danged much.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's so wrong with it not having a V8, it's not like it's meant to be a track toy. It's a cruiser, so a V6 is probably more than enough. Plus it gets points for not going the "cram as much power under the hood as possible because reasons" route that far too many people go down.
Mostly bothers me because it still has the "V8" badge on the front.

I have new faith in this build having (for unrelated reasons) come into new appreciation for the engine and thus, this build.

First thing to consider is that this truck is located in Germany. A gasoline V6 of any size is extravagant when you're paying European prices. I respect that.

It's also German car parts for a truck in Germany which makes sense.

Then theres the fact that all the parts seem to have come from the same donor car. I can dig it, that simplifies things when you consider that the...

Next thing is the Motorcycle mount. This seems like a truck built for someone who cares more about two wheels than four, and just wanted a nice, cool, reliable ride that was different with which to haul their interesting bike/bikes.

Then last but not least we bring things around to that V6 and 5Spd AT. The M112 3.2 V6 and the 5G Tronic are about as reliable an powertrain combo as you'll ever find. The M112 is also absurdly easy to do maintenance on (look at that oil filter right up front!)

So while Im still a little sour that a V8 badged truck doesnt have a V8 (the M113 was just as good!) I get this truck now. It makes sense. It's a cool, efficient, reliable ride with modern running gear. Neat stuff.

Back