This is Audi's New Vision Gran Turismo Car (And Yes, It's Actually Real)

There is a bug in the setting panel for the custom gearbox 7th gear.
Must be a wrong formula in my opinion, only the 7th gear is affected , the rest is OK

The top speed indicated for a 1.725 gear ratio and 2.000 final gear is 330 kmh . It must be 311 kmh
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180409163625.jpg

This is my result. I have checked this on track and it's correct this way.
gears audi vgt.jpg

The Gr1 version handles horribly, the wheelspin on 3rd gear(even with level 3 TCS) doesn't let the car steer until it's over, it's prone to oversteer on the slightest steering imput while braking, and understeer at high speeds, amazingly.

But holy moly, it looks so good!
I'm definitely going to master this car and make it my main on Gr1.

Totally stock Hybrid on RH tires and it destroyed the other VGT cars in the Campaign mode race at Kyoto, and I have no idea where I'm going there. Literally, destroyed.

I like the handling, it's like a sharp, but typical 4WD... And then there's that 1200 hp!

Bought the hybrid version the second it came out and my God, it just annihilates anything you throw in its path! It straight-up bullies the LMP1 prototypes in both the corners and the straights and leaves them for dead once they're in your rear view. The dual powerplants are a lethal combination that gives you torque no matter what revs you're at and reminds me a bit of the Delta S4 in that respect. And hot damn, that engine note! A perfectly-fitting guttural growl for an absolute beast of a machine.

It looks far better than the teaser shot and video made me think it would look, like a Mercedes VGT with an Audi badged slapped on. Instead it's a modern-day 90 IMSA GTO with an awesome set of turbine aero covers on the wheels and a retro-inspired paintjob that didn't make me want to change it the second I got it. Definitely the best Vision Gran Turismo by far, and dare I say it even better than the BMW with the insane turning circle that makes it ridiculously easy to drive.

The only problem I've found is steering while under full acceleration in the lower gears; it just won't! You really have to fight the car through long, twisting corners and oddly enough, I like that. It's not like the 4C race car which has the tendency to slip on a virtual banana peel every time you hit a corner at the wrong speed.

I just had a custom race with the e-tron against the AI on Blue Moon Bay Speedway with 10 time fuel consumption. After a couple rounds my battery was low so i went to the box. but.... nothing happend there. i had to finish my race with 85 km/h. there is a little display in the cockpit view that shows the battery charge (see screenshot) but there is no notification that you are running out of "fuel" or battery.

View attachment 728765
Though you may find it an oversight, the fact of the matter is you can't recharge an electric car in the same vein as refuelling one with a combustion engine, unless you're a fan of waiting in the pits for an hour or two.

Not a fan of the looks of this thing. Preferred the black silhouette to be honest ;) Glad it's another free car though. I question it's Gr.1 inclusion, Gr.3 or Gr.2 makes more sense imo. It's kinda heavy.
Just paint it triple black. :)

The hybrid version being in Gr.1 reminds me of the scrapped TT GT1:

Good stuff 👍 Would be cool if this real but looks like Audi stayed with their LMP program until the end.

I also think that perhaps car like Bugatti VGT, Peugeot L700 and this new Audi could be some kind of futuristic GT1 spec race car? You know GT1 categories did rule endurance racing briefly from mid through late 90's and race alongside LMP1 category. Are those VGT is comparable for the likes of CLK GTR, 911 GT1 and F1 GTR that could give prototype cars run for it's money? Or maybe I was thinking too much...

I do wish that Audi GT1 was made even if it did not race. It would be like the F50 GT such a shame they did not make it.

It would have been an excellent inclusion into late 90's GT1. I hope it will make it in racing games if Audi allows the car to be modelled.

The Gr1 version handles horribly, the wheelspin on 3rd gear(even with level 3 TCS) doesn't let the car steer until it's over, it's prone to oversteer on the slightest steering imput while braking, and understeer at high speeds, amazingly.

But holy moly, it looks so good!
I'm definitely going to master this car and make it my main on Gr1.
Yeah, it sure has a lot of handling quirks, but it looks cool. I wonder if they were trying to give it handling characteristics similar to the car it’s modeled after.

'90s nostalgia is going to be a big thing in the 2020s.

Car - Looks like a bloated R8.

GTP crowd: I hate VGTs! We need more real cars! It makes the game unrealistic! Wahhh!

Audi: Hold my beer :lol:

Seriously though, top marks for Audi for actually building the real thing, and to spec as well (the Bugatti was basically just a rebodied Chiron - doesn't have the 1600 hp in the game, or the weight reduction. The Fittipaldi is yet to be seen). I'm curious if this previews the next R8's design language, even though they said the R8 will be discontinued after current gen. Either way, it's a fitting tribute to the old IMSA GTO. Now PD, how about we get that car as well for completeness? :D

It's interesting looking at the specs for the 2 cars though. The e-tron has 2 motors at the rear (2x200kW) and 1 motor at the front (200kW), so it's a rear biased 4WD basically. Driving it at 80% feels pretty stable, but once you push it the quirks start to show. Accelerating from low speed corners can be tricky (due to rear wheels having more power than front), and at high speed corners it understeers a bit (due to lack of power the front wheels cannot pull the nose in, a bit like the new NSX hybrid system). The weight is also an issue I guess that's why they put it in Gr.X. Braking also suffers due to lack of engine braking, or is it because they fitted smaller brakes within those smaller rims? In game info says e-tron has 18 inchers while hybrid has 20/21 inch wheels.

The hybrid version has 550kW petrol engine + a 400kW motor at the front (more powerful than the e-tron's front motor, but the whole car ends up lighter overall? :odd:). I suspect this is supposed to be an evolution of the real R18's hybrid setup. The 400kW motor isn't continuously running though, it only assists with low speed acceleration (just like the Porsche 919's system). This is why the dealer lists the car with "only" 550kW. Unfortunately for such a powerful system, it ends up causing immense torque steer upon throttle application on corner exit. Not ideal. You basically have to "square off" corners when driving this car. Also it runs out of puff before 5th gear, so the hybrid version has a lower top speed than the e-tron. The stock gearing is also WAYYYY too long. Set max speed to 360 km/h and it accelerates much better in higher gears. With stock weight the handling is okay, but with max weight reduction it's quite competitive with other Gr.1. I tested it around Tokyo East and it's bang on with the LM55 Gr.1. Also don't forget to raise the ride height, despite being lighter and having the same downforce it somehow bottoms out more easily than the e-tron version :odd:

Overall pretty interesting bunch of cars. If it isn't real it would be much more meh, but to see it actually running gives it more weight and credence than 90% of all other VGTs which are only design exercises 👍

Seven more VGTs to go. Will we see them all before this year ends? :D Also I'm wondering when they will formally reveal the Copen RJ? I know it's in the game, but it never got a proper news article, videos, reveal, etc as the others :(

I think the whole turret rear quarters is very old school treatment.

To put that into perspective, the Audi R8 is over 10yrs old and that was thought to be pretty revolutionary back then and this looks like an even old 1990s style supercar thing.

People have said it looks like an old Diablo Jag XJ220 as far as that part of the car goes.

Though you may find it an oversight, the fact of the matter is you can't recharge an electric car in the same vein as refuelling one with a combustion engine, unless you're a fan of waiting in the pits for an hour or two.

Sure... under realistic circumstances changing the car instead of recharging the battery would be more effective.

I also think that perhaps car like Bugatti VGT, Peugeot L700 and this new Audi could be some kind of futuristic GT1 spec race car? You know GT1 categories did rule endurance racing briefly from mid through late 90's and race alongside LMP1 category. Are those VGT is comparable for the likes of CLK GTR, 911 GT1 and F1 GTR that could give prototype cars run for it's money? Or maybe I was thinking too much...
I thought the same thing, and called it Group 2, but then...

The interior of the real version looks cooler than the one in game.

It looks like they took bits from their DTM parts bin.

Back