Throttle Control Problems HELP!

miricleboy
hey guys
well il get down to the point...
i use a standard DS2 controller (sometimes sixaxis PS3 controller)
and im having huge problems controlling my thorttle people say that it is possible to drift with a DS2

my main problem is when i get my car to oversteer and start to maintain my drift i have no throttle play its either on or off (same with the brakes)

i have tried using the right analog stick

any sugestions?

any help is highly apriciated

~thx

All of the buttons on the DS2 are pressure sensitive so you should have no trouble with that, then just practice alot and read the stickied faqs here and you should be good to go in no time.

Welcome to GTP BTW.

Analog sticks. I also use the DS2 controller.
I use the left one for steering and the right for throttle/brake.
It takes a while to get used to it but once you have it you have fine control.
Try it.

Pressure sensative buttons ftw. Usually throatle control isn't as hard as getting the precise steering down to do long drifts.

im very much aware about pressure sensitivity and its hard to do with the X button because of the millimeters you have to press the button for it to actualy go 1/2 throttle

ok as i thought that anolog sticks are the way to go

i might just buy a DFP eventually

thx guys any more ideas?

my wish was that the PS3 triggers would actually work so it was more precise....

just a dream.... lol

Basically, with over time of practice, you start to play around with the X button. So like keep practicing and you will get use to it.

use the middle of your thumb to push the X button, and use the top to press the square button, thats how i drift and my controller is about 5 years old, but it still works (just) :)

i use the DS2 as well. Are you using a 4wd? If so then i can solve all your problems, if not then don't ask me.

Ive never even had to worry about such precise throttle control, Ive always used a DS1 controller, no sensitive "X Button" at all. Just tap it, full throttle, tap it, let off... With GT4's physics, theres no disadvantage in doing this over precise throttle inputs. (My opinion ofcoarse). Precise steering inputs are ofcoarse much more important for successful driftage. So an analog stick is a must in this situation.

well thx guys for the tips i bough a DFP and learning to drift with it

i can feint to cause oversteer but i cant maitnain the drift im going to look around for suggestions and im probally going to post a failure video online to see is any one can help me

thx for the help

i have had this game for 6 hours and have figured this out already, roll the throttle around the edges of the analog stick/mount. It works well for drifting, and you can get your throttle to the pixel if you dont push very hard on the sides.

off topic: does anyone try the "akina" style gutterhook on the edges of the begginers course that is a ovalish shape with a cut out of it? i noticed you can pass on the inside very easily with style.

before i got the DFP (congrats on ur new wheel The Hand of God) and was using the DS2 i always just burped the throttle (not to full throttle) and or if coming out of the corner and it was all out of shape... but now that i been using the wheel its way easyer to do... not to mention more fun (with a good setup for it that is)

thx a ton guys

after 2-3 weeks of practice i i have finally drifted my 1st corner
i will post the video one i sort out some probelms with youtube...

all thx to you guys and boundary layer for his awesome guide and newbie car setup

It's so much easier controlling your car (drift or grip) with the wheel withing like 3 days of having the wheel i beat some in my best lap times and most importantly of all i started my drifting career xD

thx again

Hi guys,

its probably a bit stupid too you guys but i really don't know what ''feint'' means.

the sentence is: '' i can feint to cause oversteer ''

i'm from holland and we have a real ****ty translation site.

Latest Posts

Back