Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not only that, the screens look like triples to me.

If he's demonstrating GTS using a desk and chair, then I suspect the motion rig is running on PC and using software which actually help him practice racing. Bets on it being iRacing with a nice direct drive wheel? ;)

I think I saw a GT loading screen there, but I could be wrong.
With GT Sport targeting eSports, I wouldn't be surprised if we got triple monitor and motion cockpit support

You should post this video in the GT Sport section,it will be interesting for the fans there and you will get a decent number of likes.

Although I don't care much for likes, this video does have some nice tidbits of info, especially for Ayrton Senna fans like myself

That video didn´t revealed much, I am really eager to know if this wheel can compete with Fanatecs CSW V2 at a more competitive price. But I have a feeling it is gonna be alot more plastics and a more cheap feeling.

Well guys I think the GT Sport (Possibly Direct Drive) wheel is going to be a long ways away if they ever do release it. Now that Thrustmaster has came out with two different wheels already for the holidays, because I think the PC-based wheel is supposed to take the place of the T500 top of the line wheel for Thrustmaster and they just came out with a new GT sport T300 wheel as well...

this wheel seems to be somewhat alive... check the 2nd photo

although i have to admit i find it rather odd that TM would release a rebranded T300 featuring GT Sport visual identity. imo, this wheel has either been put on the back burner or it will indeed be high-spec, placing the T300 as their mid-range GT model.

Maybe this will be the true successor of T500RS if T300RS turns out to be their mid-range. I hope they can somehow find to make it affordable enough, similar launch price of T500RS would be considered to be reasonable and affordable in my opinion. Can't wait.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Kyle Patrick (@SlipZtrEm) on March 13th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

Odds are, the "Mode" button is just a switch to change between PS4 and PC compatibility for the base. Every current Thrustmaster wheel base has this.

Last edited:
@BLKJ Evolution and @FPV MIC - Cheers guys, completely slipped my mind about the modern compatibility switch. Article updated. 👍
The switch is separate to the mode button on the other wheels, so I still think it's for pedal inversion rather than the compatibility switch. No idea what the 'other' is for though.

T300-Ferrari-Integral-Racing-Wheel-Alcantara-Edition-2.jpg

Last edited:
I am waiting like crazy for this wheel to replace my loyal G25. If only it supports PC it's a day 1 buy for me. If not... crap. I am surprised that there is not one great wheel (with the exception of T300RS that from what I realize is decent but not durable) within a logical price range (under 1000euros) that supports PC and PS4. :/

I really hope the upcoming GT Sport will support the Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara edition in all its features. I really like my wheel and the T300 platform, perhaps the wheel will be compatible with the new Trustmaster direct drive system.

Interesting note regarding the color scheme - those would be really useful as quick launch sub-menu buttons. Very ironic that the color scheme matches xb1 buttons though, and that the green/red (forward/back) buttons fall perfectly into place of where your thumbs rest. XB1 support?

It's not a gorgeous wheel but it has some badass looking in it. From 0 to 10 I would give it a 6.

Yeah... there's something a bit off about the looks. Might be the fact that it looks like a production car wheel, but has a mass of buttons like an F1 car. However, the rim thickness and leather wrap has me really excited.

Far too expensive to release a console exclusive direct drive wheel. Could you seriously see your average console gamer spending 6/700 on a wheel?

Yep, I sure can, based on the rigs some of us have now. Can't see a Gran Turismo wheel that's PC only, though. Hope it's compatible with my Wheelstand Pro and with PS5 when it gets here.

Voted No because -

1.plastic look (silver especially!).
2.too many colours and weird center shape.
3.too many buttons on wheel itself.
4.button amount on wheel base too low. (I usually make custom made mechanical handbrake, connected to wheel base, and its good that buttons are accessible and DON'T rotate!)
5.no handbrake.

There are simple things Sim racers need...

1. wheel that feels like real racing wheel (for example like ferrari 599 integral T300) covered in alcantara leather!
2. shape and buttons available, but without unnecessary shape change!
3. 3 pedals, 6 speed gear change and handbrake is a must! (all made durable and usable, simple and natural!)
4. 900 degree rotation and be able to change/adjust rotation on fly, to match car you are driving.
5. reasonable price!

EDIT: forgot the most important thing!

6. Compatible with ALL next generation PS (or XB) consoles and PC!

this is why we all love Logitech, especially those who had PS3 and then wanted to get PS4, the reason why I own a Thrustmaster now... so dont make same mistakes!

Alcantara is leather? Is the Thrustmaster really Alcantara? The RS1 Alcantara reviewed by Simpit/Shaun Cole looks totally different than the Thrustmaster 599.

I must admit I don't like the look of that new GT wheel. It looks too busy and gaudy like a wheel you'd expect in some luxurious Bentley so to speak. As if it is trying to be everything. Classy car for learher gloves, race car and loaded with controls. It also looks heavy?

Plus I don't know about anyone else, not keen on the Gran Turismo branding. Granted the rims will likely be able to be swapped?

Alcantara is leather? Is the Thrustmaster really Alcantara? The RS1 Alcantara reviewed by Simpit/Shaun Cole looks totally different than the Thrustmaster 599.

I must admit I don't like the look of that new GT wheel. It looks too busy and gaudy like a wheel you'd expect in some luxurious Bentley so to speak. As if it is trying to be everything. Classy car for learher gloves, race car and loaded with controls. It also looks heavy?

Plus I don't know about anyone else, not keen on the Gran Turismo branding. Granted the rims will likely be able to be swapped?

I know what you're saying: it's a weird dichotomy between the leather-wrapped wheel and the button-fest going on inside of the rim. It's almost Ferrari-like, which have been some of the ugliest, least-ergonomic wheels I've seen in road cars.

Maybe I'm alone, but I'd actually rather not have Alcantara: it looks and feels great, but I don't like how it wears. I'd rather stick with good old fashioned dead cow. :D

Back