Thrustmaster officially announces Ferrari 250 GTO replica wheel rim

Netherlands
Netherlands
3D7D1A8A-EEC2-4518-A9BC-3BC68887D805.jpeg

As already rumored and seen at the Paris games week the Thrustmaster Ferrari 8/10 (33 cm) scale Ferrari 250 GTO will be made available on 20 December on a limited run. Made with genuine materials it is made in celebration of Ferrari’s 70th anniversary.

PC only
As described on the official webpage it will be PC only. I suspect the total lack of buttons (PS4 button or Xbox button) will make it incompatible with consoles. A workaround using a controller might be a solution.

Price
At a staggering suggested retail price of € 399,- it won’t be for casual gamers but solely meant as a collectors item or the classic car enthusiasts.

Before people start bashing its high price and incompatibility with consoles. I applaud thrustmaster for making something for the Ferrari enthusiasts and not just a mass-market product. Hopefully 2018 will be the year thrustmaster listen to the community and will push out some new products the community has been asking/demanding for! Loadcell brake mod, a redesigned F1 or GT open wheel rim, a sequential and handbrake etc.

Now I have had my say... let the bashing begin!;)

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. It's quite different and unique because it's bare, compared to the modern wheels today with nobs, dials, LED's etcetera. Hope more companies do more things like this with different classic's and various cars.

They stole my idea of taking a Nardi Classic wheel with a Datsun logo and installing that! :lol: Seriously though. If I ever get a Nardi Classic / Deep Corn for my Z I might use it on my wheel from time to time too. Isn’t it fairly easy to use any wheel on Thrustmaster like on Logitech G25/27?

They stole my idea of taking a Nardi Classic wheel with a Datsun logo and installing that! :lol: Seriously though. If I ever get a Nardi Classic / Deep Corn for my Z I might use it on my wheel from time to time too. Isn’t it fairly easy to use any wheel on Thrustmaster like on Logitech G25/27?
My first thoughts as well. It is basically a wheel rim with no electronics. So you might as well get an aftermarket steering wheel and slap on a thrustmaster adapter.
And slap on a Ferrari badge while your at it. But it won’t be an official licensed product I guess. You seem to know your stuff about classic wheel rims. What do you think of the price?

Edit: looked at those Nardi steering wheels and I am wondering if the quality is similar? Those are sold for about € 330-360 (33 cm) and that is without Ferrari branding. So € 399,99 might not even be that outrageous.

Last edited:
When I had my T500RS, I had bought and old wood Nardi Wheel with a DSD adapter and a Ferrari badge and it was really cool :) But having an official product is always better !

The only thing that bothers me is 8/10 (33 cm) scale . 35 cm is the minimum for this kind of wheel if you want to have a good feeling. For the price the wheel should be a 1/1 scale. The second thing I don't like is the Thrustmaster quick release system, it was okay for low cost rims but now with a wheel at 400€ I would have expected something better.

I also hope that the wheel will be compatible with console with the use of a controller on the side of course...

Last edited:
When I had my T500RS, I had bought and old wood Nardi Wheel with a DSD adapter and a Ferrari badge and it was really cool :) But having an official product is always better !

The only thing that bothers me is 8/10 (33 cm) scale . 35 cm is the minimum for this kind of wheel if you want to have a good feeling. For the price the wheel should be a 1/1 scale. I also hope that the wheel will be compatible with console with the use of a controller...

Fully expecting people bashing this product, when you look at the Facebook postings. I am surprised by the community here that there is genuine interest in this kind of product. Like I asked syntex123, you seem to know your stuff, what do you think of the pricing?

The only thing that bothers me is 8/10 (33 cm) scale . 35 cm is the minimum for this kind of wheel if you want to have a good feeling. For the price the wheel should be a 1/1 scale. The second thing I don't like is the Thrustmaster quick release system, it was okay for low cost rims but now with a wheel at 400€ I would have expected something better.

I also hope that the wheel will be compatible with console with the use of a controller on the side of course...
This is my biggest issue with this rim. For the price it should be perfect, no stone unturned. Instead they've stuck with the cheap plastic adapter and not a 1/1 size. Those two things would make me think twice before buying this rim rather than the price.

Fully expecting people bashing this product, when you look at the Facebook postings. I am surprised by the community here that there is genuine interest in this kind of product. Like I asked syntex123, you seem to know your stuff, what do you think of the pricing?
A real wood wheel is expensive (I don't remember the price of mine) so I could pay 400$ for this one IF it was a 1/1 scale and with a better quick release. Otherwise I prefer buy a real used wood wheel with a DSD adapter because : less expensive, better feeling with 35cm + a real story behind the wheel ;)

And considering you can actually buy a genuine 1:1 Nardi and a DSD adapter for the money....and slap on a Ferrari badge anyway...

Walmart even sells a wood Nardi for $300, 360mm

Looks good, price is ... well... ok , still, it is not 1:1 (?) and since I do not see a single button , it will probably not work on consoles > you cannot register device (wheel), if there is no "start" button (at least on PS4).

Still, with T300 and PS4 , it should work in PS3 mode (wheel registers as T500 in game software) since there is no need for "start" button.But that brings whole lot of other problems, so it is just not worth hassle.

The Nardi wheel in my car is 33cm, feels nice to me :)

Really cool setup! Nice rack!;)
Are those FREX shifters?
How much did that the Nardi+Ferrari cap+adapter cost you?
Yes they are FrexGP shifter + handbrake with avcustom button box from a ps3 controller. Unfortunately all this setup with the triple TVs... is disassembled and stocked at different places because I don't have enough space anymore :(

But I just bought a CSL Elite PS4 with a HUB so I will probably try to mount the Nardi (I don't remember the price and I made the caps by myself)

Last edited:
My first thoughts as well. It is basically a wheel rim with no electronics. So you might as well get an aftermarket steering wheel and slap on a thrustmaster adapter.
And slap on a Ferrari badge while your at it. But it won’t be an official licensed product I guess. You seem to know your stuff about classic wheel rims. What do you think of the price?

Edit: looked at those Nardi steering wheels and I am wondering if the quality is similar? Those are sold for about € 330-360 (33 cm) and that is without Ferrari branding. So € 399,99 might not even be that outrageous.

I know all I need about my Z, not about wheels. The Nardi wheel is expensive, but quality parts for a quality car is a must ;) buuuut this «gaming wheel» is too expensive for my taste. A real wheel is better, it has double function. In my car and in my rig. :)

Latest Posts

Back