Thrustmaster Reveals New $350 Ferrari SF1000 Wheel, Available Now

Depending on the game and your setup in terms of wheel position, FOV, screen position etc you can often find useful onscreen stuff obscured by your wheel. Having a display on the wheel is a great idea - and also authentic for a number of race cars.
One possible weakness is I would expect that the on wheel display would also be dependent on each title programming their game to send that hud information to the wheel.
If that is indeed the case I am not a big fan of advertised product features being dependent on each title to have to "activate" the function to be useful or functional.
Off the top of my head as an example wasn't certain rumble features of another higher dollar Thrustmaster wheel set basically only active in a very limited number of titles?
Not saying a lot of people may not find this idea attractive but the pricing and the degree of implementation by game titles could be of a pretty high importance.

Further tease of the wheel!! Wooo!!!!
154281119_3567429243386733_3596211618954503606_o.png

Sooo tommorow big reveal? Its should be only wheel not new wheelbase right?

They could always announce a new wheelbase with it, but most likely just the new rim. They’ve already said it’s for existing TM wheelbase owners, so even if a new base is announced it won’t be required for the rim

TM do need a new bases at both the higher and lower end of their ranges. When I do upgrade my T300 I'm thinking of something that is a significant upgrade and nothing TM have at the moment fits the bill.

Last edited:
I would love to see tspc/tsxw compatible for PS4/PS5. It sucks we have only expensive tgt and its also unavailable for almost 5 months already which is crazy.

No way any of those knobs do anything.

Edit: it appears they do move. The different pictures shows a few of them in different positions.

Last edited:
How many buttons do you need? These sorts of wheels do nothing for me, BMW GT3 alcantara wheel, that’s the daddy o

I think that there's going to be a lot of disappointed people tomorrow.
There's leaked images showing at least one of the dials in different positions, and the grapevine says this is a $400 rim...

basically this, you do need to map a lot of those, for F1 car and the LMP1H car as well.

I hope its a better built wheel as well. Stiffer and less flexible feeling would be nice.

Edit: it appears they do move. The different pictures shows a few of them in different positions.
I noticed that as well and this is from @super_gt's picture link so it looks like all but one is functional. My guess would be it's the centre one that doesn't work.

image0.jpg

image0 - Copy.jpg

Interested to know more about the shifters as well... and the T-Chrono Paddles.

Last edited:
I would if the lcd screen will work on GT sport ??? Also want a about gt7 will it support it???
Highly unlikely for GT Sport as it's reaching the end of it's life and who knows for GT7, but that at least is a possibility.

and if they’ll work on consoles or not
Playstation compat is in the base rather than the rim.

How many buttons do you need? These sorts of wheels do nothing for me, BMW GT3 alcantara wheel, that’s the daddy o
I like those wheel too but you need a button box to go with them as there is simply not enough on the rim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back