Thrustmaster Reveals New $350 Ferrari SF1000 Wheel, Available Now

Looks lovely, but i will hang fire to see if we can map all those buttons to the F1 game, surely we can given they have integrated the game onto the screen. If not we have loads of buttons that work just so do the same functions as other buttons. £330 is alot...

Last edited:
Looks lovely, but i will hang fire to see if we can map all those buttons to the F1 game, surely we can given they have integrated the game onto the screen. If not we have loads of buttons that work just so do the same functions as other buttons. £330 is alot...

I can’t imagine the dials doing individual functions on the Xbox. Maybe the screen will work, but I have my doubts. I see this mainly being aimed at PC while it is console “compatible”

Well I am a wheel fan and I like to collect Thrustmaster steering wheel, I have already F1 add-on but I am going to buy this, just wait for summer time when F1 2021 will be released and new Thrustmaster baby will cost less.

Oh that last video clearly shows the analogue paddles (the lower ones) are just cheap hollow stamped. Would have been much nicer if they used a solid machined part, even if it was thinner in profile rather than having those ugly recesses staring right at you.

I'm sure it won't be long until someone brings out a few mods to make this wheel really nice. I still think its really cool tho.

However I don't drive F1 so I'll wait for the ferrari GT3 wheel release :D

Last edited:
I guess I'll wait til the summer....I haven't watched any video yet, how is this powered? Just through the same plug in the wheelbase?

After careful consideration, i will await to see if the screen works with other games, if not i cant spend that on one game’s compatibility.

Watching one of the videos now, interesting its wifi connected, I guess the screen functions exactly like something like Sim Dashboard...the replacement shift paddle module seems well designed.

After careful consideration, i will await to see if the screen works with other games, if not i cant spend that on one game’s compatibility.

same here. If F1 was my primary game I’d maybe fork over the cash, but without it at least working in AC/ACC I couldn’t justify it

Would also like to add that due to Thrustmasters reliability issues i have experienced , (3rd servo bases) (1 replacement f1 rim), iam not going to hold my breath that the WIFi will be reliable, nor the the lcd screen in this new f1 rim, Ive been burnt too many times by Thrustmaster products.....

i will await to see if the screen works with other games
Part of the press release covers the fact that the screen will use different "skins" for different games, and even cars within the game.

There's already been an accidental release of a beta of sorts for integration with iRacing, so I wouldn't be in any particular doubt that the screen only works with F1 2020.

I still don't really get what those upgraded paddles are for. Faster shift time? So basically you need to move them less before they engage??

Now, natively compatible with iRacing:
Ferrari_SF1000E_iRacing_Qualifying_PC_Mapping.png

Ferrari_SF1000E_iRacing_Race_PC_Mapping.png

Also natively working on WRC 10 PC demo on steam too.

Full dash display working but not sure if you would rally a formula wheel?

Last edited:
Why this wheel is postponed? Lack of components? I mean yesterday my wheel was coming on 2nd of July. Now it is coming 30th of July (dealer). Thrustmaster's web page tells 26th of August. Anyone else wondering?

Last edited:
Yeah I've not seen it for sale anywhere. Ricmotech even sent an email saying its available for its not available to order. TM's Amazon store is also not showing it as available...

Back