Thrustmaster T-GT II Leaks Ahead of June 23 Reveal

Was looking to upgrade from my G29 without spending a ton, the csl dd seems like the only good option now.

Last edited:
CSL DD PS5 bundle(wheelbase,rim,pedals) will probably be about 550-600eur.
TGT 2 price seems to be about 750eur.It just doesn't have any sense to buy TGT 2.

But then again we have Logitech G923 priced at 400eur so anything can happen lol..

Request to Thrustmaster, please sell just the servo base. I don’t need the mediocre pedals or this rim. Same with the T-GT (I) for that matter.
If this is true, your wish will come true.
OP.png

Edit: PRESS RELEASE

Last edited:
Looking through the press release they mention licensed for PS4/PS5 and GT Sport, but nothing about GT7. Leaves the possibility that this might not be the "official" GT7 wheel unless I missed it somewhere.

Thrustmaster are just milking the cow while they can, abusing the supply chain issues and Fanatec's lack of PS-licensed entry products. They just know that if someone wants to get a wheel right now, he must choose either ****** G923 or some Thrustmaster...

Dick move, but only gives me more respect for Thomas Jackermeier, who phased out all CSL Elite wheels early so that the least amount of people feel ripped off because they went for a worse wheel.

I think it's just that. TM know that they aren't in the same market now. It a three tier game. Logitech at the near bottom, then TM, and Fanatec the the top. Kinda like Chevy, Honda, and BMW. Then you have the Lamborghinis and Ferrari level makers.

So is this is another over priced wheel because it has a transducer that only works on Gran Turismo like the previous one? Do any other titles support that feature?

I get it if your a 99% Gran Turismo racer.. but man..

Looking through the press release they mention licensed for PS4/PS5 and GT Sport, but nothing about GT7. Leaves the possibility that this might not be the "official" GT7 wheel unless I missed it somewhere.

Video seems legit... box does say Gran Turismo 7 on it, but only in reference to T-DFB

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 56
Well t-gt has been out for like 6months,so it could be some replacement for tgt
The T-GT was released in 2017 and I have had one since then. I ordered the first day I could. I love it. I have hundreds if not thousands of hours on it with no issues. well worth the $800 I spent on it.

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right thread, but nevertheless.. Having purchased T-GT II for 750 EUR along with crappy T3PA-GTII pedals set, I would be willing to share my thoughts.

As many of you (at least judging by comments) I was also thinking CSL DD is the way to go, that I had to wait till PS5 version appears and then go the Fanatec way while sticking to my G29. But suddenly this T-GT 2 thing appears on the market and is immediately available for my PS5. I was itching, hesitating like for 2 or 3 weeks, if I should buy this now or just wait.. and wait.. for the "now" holy grail of an affordable direct drive wheels.

I was nervously checking on Youtube reviews for this T-GT 2, but there were only few in Spanish and Viperconcept's. Then finally decided, why the hell wait for Fanatec, then get on the waiting list and at best get my CDL DD Pro during mid 2022, because I want it now. Moreover having considered all the cost there will be for me to get what I want from Fanatec it will not be that cheap as everyone is quoting 349EUR, unless you want to go basic route. In reality it is only starting from 349*, as for me it was CDL DD with a power boost 499EUR + Loadcell pedals 229EUR (CSL Elite) + 359EUR Multipurpose wheel and total was amounting to 1087 EUR and you also add delivery to that and then also a waiting time till release + waiting lists. So I decided why bother I go get the T-GT II for 750EUR to have fun NOW but not wait, trade in my used G29 and buy T-LCM for that money.

End result is fantastic, I'm extremely happy with my new sim racing wheel and great pedal set. The force feedback on this wheel is super responsive and at 100% FFB its a damn killer for your hands, so I run it at 60% all the time and it provides me all sensations needed to race, catch slides, feel bumps, road surfaces and have fun, which to me is the most important aspect. A wheel itself while being a bit on a smaller size, is still a pleasure to hold in your hands, the leather is smooth and soft, wheel thickness is perfect. The base is quiet, barely can hear cooling fan, it only gets hand warm while racing extensively, add to that if TM really did put automotive parts inside to increase the durability of the product then its an additional advantage. Playing GT Sport and WRC9 my GT Omega cockpit vibrates cause of the transducer (it's kind of cool effect). So I don't get why so much hate for the T-GT II, yes its a bit pricy for this set with crappy pedals, yes its not a direct drive, but hey... it's the flagship model of a solid mid range sim racing gear manufacturer, so I assume TM did the best they could to provide me a solid and reliable product, and as a bonus included some T-somethings in it :)))

So if I'd be comparing the two, with Thrustmaster T-GT 2 I got myself Ford Focus RS, with a Fanatec CSL DD some will getting themselves Porsche Boxter or Boxter S if they get a boost kit. So yeah.. if there's someone reading this and hesitating to buy TM T-GT 2, I'd say don't hesitate, its a great wheel, even the T3PA GTII pedal set is somewhat okay to live with, but T-LCM is much better set though.

Thank you for this write up. I had a similar experience. After using the CSL Elite with the loadcell pedals for a few years, also owning the shifter and the handbrake and even the McLaren V2 wheel on the PS4, i sold it all and decided to buy some new gear for my now PS5. I actually bought the TG-T 2 the day after it was released. I knew I needed the T-LCM's for not losing out on a loadcell brake pedal. Then, Gran Turismo and Fanatec dropped the bomb that they will be the official partner of GT. I had to act fast, because I was still in the return window of the T-GT 2. I forgot to mention that at that point, I already had so much fun with the T-GT 2 with the T-LCM (I also bought the TH8A shifter second hand), more so than I enjoyed the Fanatec gear for the entire last year. The Fanatec gear also had to be sent back up to 6 or 7 times for repairs and checks over the past 3 years and after 3 years even the PCB of the wheelbase had to be replaced (alas not under warranty). So, I've decided to stick with the Thrustmaster route for now. Maybe in the future things will change for me, but for now the T-GT 2 combined with the T-LCM pedals are a guaranteed blast to drive from ACC to GT Sport. Can highly recommend it also!

Having started with a Logitech DFGT 9 years ago, then followed PD down the Thrustmaster road four years ago, I’m so heavily invested in TM Rims, shifters, handbrakes and pedals, I’ve got no desire to ditch it all a third time. Sorry, Fanatec.

When my T300 finally makes its final turn (going on 4 years now) I’ll likely get the TGT-II.

Last edited:
Are we confident that this upcoming Fanatec CSL DD model will even be sold at the same price as the current PC/Xbox equivalent product? Seems to me the licensing for Playstation plus the official GT7-branding + custom wheel design is going to add 'slightly' to the price - if the T-GT is any indicator.

Anyway, T-GT II performing nicely here. It's great to finally have all the buttons and both analog sticks on the wheel itself in a familiar layout. Lack of that was a bit of a hassle with the T300 Alcantara I had before. Pedal base vibrating also feels great in GT Sport, making me feel the road. Plus it works well in Driveclub which was a priority for me.

Are we confident that this upcoming Fanatec CSL DD model will even be sold at the same price as the current PC/Xbox equivalent product? Seems to me the licensing for Playstation plus the official GT7-branding + custom wheel design is going to add 'slightly' to the price - if the T-GT is any indicator.

Anyway, T-GT II performing nicely here. It's great to finally have all the buttons and both analog sticks on the wheel itself in a familiar layout. Lack of that was a bit of a hassle with the T300 Alcantara I had before. Pedal base vibrating also feels great in GT Sport, making me feel the road. Plus it works well in Driveclub which was a priority for me.
As for CSL DD PS5 compatible my guess due to licensing it would be 799€ if not 899€ included with two basic pedals and GTSport branded wheel. I’m curious though why there’s still no hint on the availability of the product.

As for TGTII, I’m very happy with mine and did not regret one bit. @5thwheel how do your pedals vibrate? I get vibration only from the wheelbase so the cockpit is vibrating in GT Sport and WRC games.

As for TGTII, I’m very happy with mine and did not regret one bit. @5thwheel how do your pedals vibrate? I get vibration only from the wheelbase so the cockpit is vibrating in GT Sport and WRC games.
I couldn't say :) Mine are the pedals that come with the wheel - I think they are called T3PGT or so? They vibrate - or I'm being fooled by some feature of the T-GT. At first I thought it was vibration from the wheelbase being transmitted through the rig but I even took my hands off the wheel and was sure to not touch the rig itself (technically it's a wheelstand and I'm sitting on the couch so there's no further contact point, also I don't feel wheelbase vibrations in the frame itself) - can still feel the vibrations in my feet. Only in GT Sport though, it has to be said.

The T3PA that came with the previous wheel definitely didn't do that.

Last edited:

I don't anyone who knows Fanatec and Sony has thought, or is confident, that the PS5 DD CSL will be the same price, hoped maybe :-) but not confident. I think the best you can hope for is that you will be able to buy the base on it's own, but again I don't have high hopes for that either.

I had another look at the vibration I can feel in the pedals, wondering if they had put a rumble pack in there. Apparently it is part of the T-DFB feature (depth feedback). I did not understand how it gets transmitted to the pedals though - I can not feel the rig itself vibrate. Also it's pretty detailed and matching the road surface well, it's not some generic rumble effect. Magic!
Just spent half the night getting my feet massaged by the Alsace track.

Last edited:
I swapped T3PGTs for T-LCMs due to obvious reasons. And while in GTS I have the vibration sensation through my rig, and its pretty strong, I even feel it in my seat, so kinda cool effect. But not the pedals though, I think it could be dependant on how the rig is constructed.

@super_gt as for the pricing model, my guess it will be sold as a bundle to be plug & play, the demand for the product will be high due to lack of high-end competition, thus the pricing model will be corresponding to all those factors. So the basic 349 base + 199 wheel + 99 pedals will make 650€ then you throw some licensing and a power boost kit extras into the equation, which leads up to 799€. And then add some extra for the LC pedal and delivery fee, which will make it circa 1K money to have a proper setup from Fanatec to race on PS5, which is not bad at all and I personally will grab that opportunity when available.

Just check the csl elite pricing model
According that the ps csldd (if it is csl dd, because in the leaked fotos the name was GT dd pro) will go like this:

5nm csl dd 350$/€ + 50$/€ ps license = 400$/€

Gt licenced steering wheel no more than 200$/€

Csl pedals =80$/€

In total is about 680$/€ but i believe as a bundle will go for 650$/€.

If we add a third pedal ,just to make it equivalent to tgt bundle, it will sell not more than 700$/€.

To be fair you need the so called "boost kit" to have the full power of the dd, which is 130$/€ extra .

So in conclusion ....

Csl dd 5nm version PlayStation/ GT bundle = 650$/€

Csl dd 8nm version PlayStation/ GT bundle = 780$/€

I do not have any inside info or any relation with Fanatec. (Just in case these prices will be the real ones)😁😁😁😁😁😁

ican also suspect a -50$€ as a special BF introduction price

In the end its 699€/$ with two basic 12 bit hall sensor pedals. I must admit its a better deal compared to T-GT II deal. But still I don’t feel robbed having bought it, cause at least I was able to use it for the time being. And nevertheless having invested into TLCMs, SF1000 and BT Led along with TGT2 itself I definitely am very tempted to jumping ship to get the Fanatec GT DD premium bundle once available to order to anyone.

Back