Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alcantara is leather? Is the Thrustmaster really Alcantara? The RS1 Alcantara reviewed by Simpit/Shaun Cole looks totally different than the Thrustmaster 599.

I must admit I don't like the look of that new GT wheel. It looks too busy and gaudy like a wheel you'd expect in some luxurious Bentley so to speak. As if it is trying to be everything. Classy car for learher gloves, race car and loaded with controls. It also looks heavy?

Thrustmaster actually says it's the same Alcantara used by Ferrari :cheers: I totally agree about the looks of the wheel, looks like it belongs in a high end "sporty" Audi or something...not my taste at all. Maybe it will be direct drive and relatively inexpensive...maybe:dopey:

Alcantara is leather? Is the Thrustmaster really Alcantara? The RS1 Alcantara reviewed by Simpit/Shaun Cole looks totally different than the Thrustmaster 599.

I must admit I don't like the look of that new GT wheel. It looks too busy and gaudy like a wheel you'd expect in some luxurious Bentley so to speak. As if it is trying to be everything. Classy car for learher gloves, race car and loaded with controls. It also looks heavy?

Plus I don't know about anyone else, not keen on the Gran Turismo branding. Granted the rims will likely be able to be swapped?

I know what you're saying: it's a weird dichotomy between the leather-wrapped wheel and the button-fest going on inside of the rim. It's almost Ferrari-like, which have been some of the ugliest, least-ergonomic wheels I've seen in road cars.

Maybe I'm alone, but I'd actually rather not have Alcantara: it looks and feels great, but I don't like how it wears. I'd rather stick with good old fashioned dead cow. :D

With all the buttons galore on the wheel and they still can't fit some rev lights (or even gear indicator)

What is real diameter? for centimeter or inch?

Looks little.. heavy, or big. But still same to todays cars, big. Maybe air bag? :D :D :D

I know what you're saying: it's a weird dichotomy between the leather-wrapped wheel and the button-fest going on inside of the rim. It's almost Ferrari-like, which have been some of the ugliest, least-ergonomic wheels I've seen in road cars.

Maybe I'm alone, but I'd actually rather not have Alcantara: it looks and feels great, but I don't like how it wears. I'd rather stick with good old fashioned dead cow. :D

Heh! I don't know why but I've become such a sucker for Alcantara or fabric rather than leather/faux leather or vinyl.

I'm also surprised they didn't start going down the route of button boxes.

volant-lamborghini-gallardo-lp-570-4-squa.jpg

8467716731_319d238656_o.jpg

I don't love the look, but I do like it.

Wheel strength and feedback is most important. As a previous g27 user (and g29 is basically the same internals) you really don't know what you are missing until you try a proper Thrustmaster like the TR300RS.

My first TR300RS was faulty, I bought it just as it had just been made available. Current wheel is going strong since, and I use it very frequently.

I'll do my best to hold off on buying one of these bad boys as soon as it's available to monitor reliability.

Well, now I just feel lucky.

I'm pretty sure Thrustmaster have learned a lesson with all the defective units as it most certainly cost them big bucks.

ON a side note, my friend is having terrible luck with his Fanetic and mentioned horrible customer service.

Hopefully with more and more people buying these niche products they will become more reliable.

Thrustmaster seems to just over look pedals.

I'd go so far to say that they DGAF about pedals. Or they need to fire their sim racing tester(s) or their boss who doesn't listen to their recommendations.

Jerome

imo the wheel does look like it would belong in a Grand Tourer like Bentleys, Audis and Aston Martins which to me were the point of the Gran Turismo series, so that's quite fitting.

However, GT Sport seems to want to distance itself from these types of cars by featuring mostly racing machines, having partnered up with FIA and such, so this wheel does seem out of place for this particular entry in the series.

Having said that, I really like the way it looks, and I bet it'll feel great when driving road legal cars in GT7, but I'll probably use either my Ferrari F1 or 458 GTE rims for GT Sport.

I do. I have no doubt that the new GT wheel will be called the T700RS, and it would not surprise me if the firmware update tool has already been updated to include the T700RS. I also have no doubt that Thrustmaster has released the T700RS into the wild for beta testing with GT Sport and other PS4 & PC racing games, subject to NDAs of course.

No doubt all the wheel prices will go up in price due to marketing for GT Sport?

Not really. The prices have dropped significantly over the last 18 months. I think they're pretty much at their lowest and pretty good value for a T300RS package these days.

Should GT Sport come out with the new TM wheels such as this and also GT Branded version of TS-PC as well (which I believe happen) will push prices down for all other wheels as well.

Price is determined by supply and demand. GT Sport is going to greatly increase demand for PS4 compatible wheels and so price is likely to increase because demand will go up as well.

Price is determined by supply and demand. GT Sport is going to greatly increase demand for PS4 compatible wheels and so price is likely to increase because demand will go up as well.
TM should release their new wheel for GTS so i don't see a 3 year old wheel(T300) going up in price

TM should release their new wheel for GTS so i don't see a 3 year old wheel(T300) going up in price

I do not think the T300 GT edition will retail for more than $400 on sites such as amazon, but I also don't think we will see holiday season kinds of prices, like the $249 price I got for a T300 from dell.com in November of last year.

If you look back at TM pricing, it has always peaked around GT game releases and dropped in the intervening periods. I'm sure all wheels will sell for around MSRP in the months around GT Sport launch, just like they did around GT5 and GT6 launches.

About a year now since this thread about upcoming wheel. Still, no GTsport, no new Thrustmaster said wheel.

At least we can play the GT Sport beta. Its good fun.

Yes the release of GTsport beta was an excellent move which appeased some fans who had become impatient and disgruntled with the delay. Seems to be going good. I also applied to test but haven't received a reply. Also looking forward to the official release of the game too.

Back