Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That doesn´t make any sense consider that is almost the price of the TS-PC Racer and this will be direct drive?

My guess is that it will not be a direct drive wheel but a ps4 version of Ts-pc instead.. Ts-pc was launched so close to when gt sport was supposed to release. But we'll see soon.

This wheel is not in the shops yet, Thrustmaster will be selling few months before GT Sport game or in the same box. I spokt to a friend of mine who is a Thrustmaster seller in Italy. Price should be between 600 and 700 Euros in Europe ( depends on countries ) and around 500-550 $ in USA. The wheel seems to be a very good product, good materials, nice design.

P U R C H A S E.jpg

That's quite expensive, I think I'll stick with my T500 for now. The way I see it the T700 is 200 better than the T500, which is 200 better than the T300. So I've got a mid rage wheel at the moment.

They would have to announce full PS5 support in the future for me to even think about shelling out that kind of coin for a wheel, especially at this stage in the PS4s life.

Thrustaster is American? I thought they were French.

I need details about this wheel. I just want to know if the asking price is justified. It better be way more than a prettier T500.

I need details about this wheel. I just want to know if the asking price is justified. It better be way more than a prettier T500.
Trying to find the information for where they were formed was actually interesting - I had assumed they were always French too.

Turns out they were absorbed into the Guillemot group in 1999. The more you know. 👍

http://www.thrustmaster.com/company/history (and Guillemot is French)

Funny: when the T700 was rumoured about a year ago (?) I already said T700 is €700 as suggested retailprice. Too easy logic thinking?

T300, €300
T500, €500
T700, €700

T700 is absolutely worth the investment but I already have a good working T300 and replacing is not an option for my wallet (or wife ;)).

I been featured in the news, I feel so flattered ;)

My guess is that it will not be a direct drive wheel but a ps4 version of Ts-pc instead.. Ts-pc was launched so close to when gt sport was supposed to release. But we'll see soon.

They are gonna charge 200€ extra just for PS4 compatibility?

I been featured in the news, I feel so flattered ;)

They are gonna charge 200€ extra just for PS4 compatibility?

Pedals and different rim probably. And we haven't also seen the final price yet. (and the Amazon.fr price is already pretty close to ts-pc)

Pedals and different rim probably. And we haven't also seen the final price yet. (and the Amazon.fr price is already pretty close to ts-pc)

Most likely won´t come with pedals altough I agree the rim will cost more.

Most likely won´t come with pedals altough I agree the rim will cost more.
So far they have pretty much only sold complete sets with pedals on consoles. But let's see. I would definitely prefer if they sold it without pedals as if it comes with pedals probably it will be just the t3pa set or something like that.

A €600-700 wheel for a game which may not have very realistic physics is pushing it a little too far IMO.
And the wheel will likely cost more in the UK than elsewhere - because of Brexit

A €600-700 wheel for a game which may not have very realistic physics is pushing it a little too far IMO.
And the wheel will likely cost more in the UK than elsewhere - because of Brexit

Well, despite the branding, it is not only for Gran Turismo players. Pc players will buy it and console players that are not even interested in GT will buy it. T500 was also very expensive when it came out.

And also there are propably surprisingly many players who believe that Gran Turismo has the best physics out there..

We get shafted regardless of any reason. It's not like the thing will touch down anywhere else on its way from China!

I don't know about that. With US having President "Deal Maker" in office, I'm sure he'll find a way to make US great by devaluing the Dollar, just in time for the American launch.

Watch Fanatec release a PS4 compatible direct drive wheel right when this comes out... Likely different price brackets, but it would be amusing.

Watch Fanatec release a PS4 compatible direct drive wheel right when this comes out... Likely different price brackets, but it would be amusing.

This will not happen and we can tell that loud and clear without feeding speculations and false rumors.

And I doubt that anobody else will bring a DD wheel at this price point at this time. Direct Drive for 700€ is really just a rumor which is probably based on a translation or communication error. Plenty of people here will be dissapointed.

And a good single drive with high power servo motor is likely to give much better results than a bad DD with a small stepper motor with plenty of cogging and low torque. Trust me because we are working on this topic ;)

From what I've read about this new wheel here, it appears to be as expensive as a Fanatec CSL wheel but not as good, for the price I would expect at least basic direct drive and/ or load cell pedals,

From what I've read about this new wheel here, it appears to be as expensive as a Fanatec CSL wheel but not as good, for the price I would expect at least basic direct drive and/ or load cell pedals,
Do you have a link the write-up? I really haven't seen much on it. Even the news write up really didn't say much

This will not happen and we can tell that loud and clear without feeding speculations and false rumors.

And I doubt that anobody else will bring a DD wheel at this price point at this time. Direct Drive for 700€ is really just a rumor which is probably based on a translation or communication error. Plenty of people here will be dissapointed.

And a good single drive with high power servo motor is likely to give much better results than a bad DD with a small stepper motor with plenty of cogging and low torque. Trust me because we are working on this topic ;)

I agree 100%, people get hung up on DD and fail to realize that DD doesn't automatically mean good. A stepper based DD system is in my opinion worse than a proper single or even dual belt system with a decent servo motor.

I also agree that plastic just aint gonna cut it for a powerful DD system. I have said from the start that this new Tmaster wheel will most likely be a single belt system. I could be wrong though, I guess we have to wait and see :)

That is what I meant by my comment. If Fanatec did a DD wheel it would be more than $700 (different price bracket). The release date part was just tongue and cheek.

Last edited:
Well, despite the branding, it is not only for Gran Turismo players. Pc players will buy it and console players that are not even interested in GT will buy it. T500 was also very expensive when it came out.

And also there are propably surprisingly many players who believe that Gran Turismo has the best physics out there..

True. Wonder how it will compete with the other PC wheels. It seems Fanatec will put up a fight.

I fear that sim-racing equipment will become increasingly expensive like outdoor motorsport, until the point where people refuse to participate and buy products. I watched this happen in grassroots motorsport.
As more and more people (also racing drivers) will move to sim-racing, I fear that product pricing will exclude those who aren't fortunate enough to participate wheel-to-wheel against the best.
Let's wait and see

A good affordable DD could be possible for consumers. Mass production is cheap. It's all about how much you can sell your assembled product. PS4 (Gran Turismo) + XBox One (Forza 7) + PC is a HUGE market.

Anyway, we'll soon find out whether this wheel is good or not. Regardless DD or not.

Back