Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A good affordable DD could be possible for consumers. Mass production is cheap. It's all about how much you can sell your assembled product. PS4 (Gran Turismo) + XBox One (Forza 7) + PC is a HUGE market.

Anyway, we'll soon find out whether this wheel is good or not. Regardless DD or not.

Weather it is good or not is subjective, but I am pretty confident if this is a wheel it will absolutely have it's place in the market. Plus Fanatec doesn't really make anything bad, in my subjective opinion of course.

£503,32
http://gaming.morecomputers.com/p/?pid=4168056>>Thrustmaster

Seems more like a PS4 compatible TS-PC Racer with a nice wheel rim and T3PA Pro pedals at that price, than a high-end direct drive wheel.
Yep, wish they would just announce it already. It doesn't make sense to buy this wheel without seeing Fanatecs offering first, providing both are releasesd in the same year.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/company/history (and Guillemot is French)

Funny: when the T700 was rumoured about a year ago (?) I already said T700 is €700 as suggested retailprice. Too easy logic thinking?

T300, €300
T500, €500
T700, €700

T700 is absolutely worth the investment but I already have a good working T300 and replacing is not an option for my wallet (or wife ;)).
also

T80 =£80
T150 =£150.

That's an expensive wheel. :( Will it work on a PS5 when that is launched, because lets face it, the PS4 has been around a while and with the wheel being that expensive I'd want a guarantee that it's going to be fully supported on the next gen consoles too.

It is a good looking wheel though, although probably a bit too button heavy for my liking. 👍

This might be interesting:

NEWS

e3.jpg

Thrustmaster will attend the E3 2017 event from June 13 to June 15.

And this year the E3 event will be open to the public ! If you are a lucky owner of one of the 15,000 precious tickets, it will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you at the South Hall Booth #2813 on the show floor where 4 Flight Sim stations and 4 Racing Sim stations equipped with the latest Thrustmaster joysticks, racing wheels and headsets will be available to try in a 800 square feet area.

Link

This might be interesting:

NEWS

e3.jpg

Thrustmaster will attend the E3 2017 event from June 13 to June 15.

And this year the E3 event will be open to the public ! If you are a lucky owner of one of the 15,000 precious tickets, it will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you at the South Hall Booth #2813 on the show floor where 4 Flight Sim stations and 4 Racing Sim stations equipped with the latest Thrustmaster joysticks, racing wheels and headsets will be available to try in a 800 square feet area.

Link

This will be exciting :D

Fanatec's new CSL Elite PS4 wheelbase, rim and the simple 2-pedal bundle at €520 (or €650 if you buy the load cell third pedal) will certainly have impact on anyone contemplating the T700. Especially when you can also add Xbox One compatibility through an extra €100 rim (the P1 rim).

A TS-PC Racer with the GT Sport rim and T3PA-Pro pedals wouldn't justify an asking price above €550 or so, yet the TS-PC Racer sells for that MSRP already without pedals. Fanatec is looking like the value option in that price class all of a sudden.

Finally, I'll be shocked if it's actually a DD wheel.
Most likely considering the input cables it looks like it will need, but then again I'm no electric expert so I also most likely could be wrong.

Most likely considering the input cables it looks like it will need, but then again I'm no electric expert so I also most likely could be wrong.
I guess it could be DD in terms of how it operates but I just find it surprising anybody is even comparing it to even a low end one when it's using the same plastic quick release which wouldn't withstand that kind of force.

The question is would a 6-8nm DD wheel be any better than a belt driven one? I'm not convinced a cheap motor like that would outright be better. You'd get better low end FF but I bet it wouldn't be very smooth, not long before we find out now though!

Funny thing..."OTHER - GT"
View attachment 652331
I was just thinking about that slider. If we assume those rotating knobs are specially supported in GT Sport but not in other console games, then it makes sense to switch modes for the wheel.

I assume/hope that the PC will support them. Potentially with a toggle in drivers like the extra buttons on the Ferrari F1 rim.

Back