Thunderbolt

• Thread starter takumi64
  • 17 comments
I just bought myself a copy of Jackie Chan's movie, Thunderbolt, and I think it's great. The cars are simply amazing from the RX-7s to the GTOs. But there's something I don't get. Isn't the R32 Skyline GT-R supposed to be a 4WD car? Because in the final race between Jackie's GTO and the GT-R, I noticed that only the rear wheels of the GT-R are turning when both of them got stuck in the sand (?). Either this is a GT-R designed only for circuit racing or it's an FR variant of the R32 Skyline.

Hope you guys get yourself a copy of this movie. It's awesome.

I've never seen that movie... I want to though. XD

The Skyline was either modified for the movie or it wasn't a GTR. #_# Maybe it was a GtS-t...

Not all 4WD systems are full-time 4WD.

I vaguely remember someone saying the GT-R isn't full-time 4WD (aka AWD).

Two things are possible with that Skyline.

1) It was modified for the movie (this is often done for various reasons) so that it was only RWD, which would let it slide around more easily than stock. :mischievous:

or

2) It was a lower model RWD skyline dressed up to look like a GT-R. :(

And to clear up some confusion, the Skyline's AWD system normally sends 100% of engine power to the rear wheels, but when they lose traction it can divert up to 50% to the front. Also, it can route power between the two sides of the car to aid in cornering. It's got to be lovely to drive. :D

In GT1, there is a model of the R32 that is RWD, so it was probably that model in the movie. Not all Skyline's are AWD. Some of the older ones were RWD.

Originally posted by takumi64
so the r32 isn't a full-time awd like the evo3?
It depends which one you buy, but yes, the real life skyline 4wd is a very different system than the evo. Which is good, because one is designed for roads, while the other is a rally car.

Back