Tidgney Racing - Racing Entertainment & Guides (Senna Videos Added!)

• Thread starter Tidgney
  • 72 comments
Evening All or Morning to most!!

As your probably well aware, I didn't make it at GT Academy, but I still want to race, in fact just to race 1 season in a championship would be epic, so that's what I'm planning! But as I know most of you will also want to race, I'm producing a video series for it called Lets Get Real! It's a monthly series and will focus on real racing, so do make sure you check it out!! This episode I explain my budget, and my passion! For GT6 footage, check out the end of the video for an epic finale in this weeks GTP WRS race between me and @doodlemonoply

Enjoy!

I think you and I need to talk :)

Hi Tidgney,

first of all: great thread and vids ;) 👍👍👍 !

I just have a question:

At the S Coffee Break Drift Challenge, how are you able to stay at such a constant speed and angle during drifting ? Which settings do you use (I play with DS3) ?

I hope you can help me because this is the only event left for me to gold, in order to achieve 100% ...
(I really suck at drifting and have absolutely no idea what to do ! I golded the other two coffee break drift challenges only by coincidence and pure luck !)

Thanks a lot !

Hey :),

Glad you like the thread and videos =)!

With that coffee break challenge, weirdly it was the only one I did with a pad, the best advice I can give is make sure your controller sensitivity is high, and then use that along with a low gear to keep up the slide. Due to the fact you can turn you wheels so fast on the pad you should be able to just sweep round the corners with over adjustments on the sticks (I use the sticks if I use the pad).

Does that help at all :S?

Cheers

Evening All,

Apologies for the delay, been a little busy recently but I'm glad a fair few of you have enjoyed the first episode of Lets get real!! Trust me, there's alot more to come that you will not want to miss! Lets go from virtual to reality!! We're back onto virtual for now with more GT6 footage!! This time the Vettel challenge at Monza!! Now I do cut chicanes here, but that's because I did in GT5 for the same challenge and in my mind, cutting a little (Which alot of people do) is the same as cutting alot, so I might as well go for the ultimate time I can get!!

Miss out on it just as I believe a 1:59.2xx or even a 58 may possible with some luck but you know me with targets, under 2 was the goal and 2 hours of racing at it and I nailed it :)!

Enjoy!!

Hey :),

Glad you like the thread and videos =)!

With that coffee break challenge, weirdly it was the only one I did with a pad, the best advice I can give is make sure your controller sensitivity is high, and then use that along with a low gear to keep up the slide. Due to the fact you can turn you wheels so fast on the pad you should be able to just sweep round the corners with over adjustments on the sticks (I use the sticks if I use the pad).

Does that help at all :S?

Cheers

Hey Tidgney,

thanks for your advice :)

Well, I am using the highest sensitivity and the sticks anyway. Unfortunatly I am playing with AT cuz I'm too stupid for MT :banghead: I did try MT for this challenge but somehow it changes the gears automatically as soon as the car reaches a certain speed (it's hard to explain) :confused: :confused: :confused: ...

So I'm still not able to gold it :( ...

Wow that looks pretty good that, will definitely look into it, although it's a tad far!

For anyone interested by the way, the final round of PURES Japanese grand touring series has just been uploaded! It was an absolutely stunning series, and I've started richard burns rally as well so make sure you check those out :)!

Evening All,

A new GT6 video for you tonight, it's the next Vettel special event and it's at Spa! I don't cut anything in this one and race it as the track was meant to be raced! Not the ultimate time as I think 2:32's are possible but a 2:33 is still a pretty decent lap!

Do make sure your subscribed if you want other videos as alot of Richard burns rally is being uploaded this weekend and even more next week as that's the theme this month on the channel, rallying!

Evening All,

A Gran Turismo video for you, and GT Academy related! Just some news as we are all well aware of with Jann going into GP3! Good luck Jann, would be so epic to have seen you go from the national finals in 2011 to F1!! I also speculate on some of the possible new countries, and some tips to get you going for GT Academy this year!!

Enjoy!

Evening All,

Virtual to Reality in my own youtube series continues with Lets Get Real and the February edition! This one looks at rallying, specifically the rally I helped out at but also gives you an idea of what budgets you could rally on!! (Pretty much anything!)

Hey Guys/Girls

It's been quite awhile since a GT Video, to be fair I had taken a little break but I'm coming back for of course, GT Academy 2014! It was nice to have a little break as it was non stop for the last GT Academy! So first up is a roundup of all the information I know of regarding GT Academy, little tips regarding fitness and what's coming up!

Enjoy!

Another video for you guys, this time it's a time trial tip video with a bit of analysis to! It at first was going to be about tips but I thought actually giving my thoughts on the given laps I did was useful to!

Enjoy :)!

Afternoon all!

I believe this is the 100th video (I need to do a recount I think :P) buttt..... It's amazing to think the 100th begins, GT Academy 2014! GT Academy is where my videos really started off and I'll be doing more and more GT Academy videos for this years with each round and some guides to!

Enjoy the first video of the leaf at brands hatch!

Hey All,

I'll be revamping this thread soon so that it's much easier to follow any more videos! Lots of GT Academy videos have been posted in the GT Academy thread if your interested head over to there;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ed-video-guides-round-3-guide-is-live.307725/

Today, I've had a good go at the Senna Tribute special, which I must say is absolutely amazing! The cars sound good, the feel of the event is really good and it's nice to read the history and story behind it! It feel like a career mode could really be developed from this!

Here are the events!

Enjoy!

Back