'Tis the Season of Whamming Vs GTPlanet

• Thread starter TJ13
  • 388 comments
I can safely say that I will make it till 2019.
Given that I am already tired and want to go to bed even before the ball drops or any of those shows come on.

And surprisingly enough no special @Jordan admin power abuse to wham the others. :D

I can safely say that I will make it till 2019.
Given that I am already tired and want to go to bed even before the ball drops or any of those shows come on.

And surprisingly enough no special @Jordan admin power abuse to wham the others. :D
Thanks for curating the contest over the last two months. It was fun.

49 minutes to go for minutes to go for me, think its pretty much a done deal. Third year in a row, won one of these.

@TJ13 I took out my father. Turned off my hearing aid and blasted the song on my phone speaker.

Jesus, that is just cruel :lol:

Last edited:
Happy New Year. Now Someone can blast my ears with that song and I won't care because I made it :D

Bring on 2019.

I was not "participating member" but I made it.

Happy new year to everyone.

Gelukkige nuwe jaar

Sana Sa-eeda

Shuvo Nabo Barsho

Soursdey Chhnam Tmei

Feliç Any Nou

Xin Nian Kuai Le 謹 賀 新 年

Sretna Nova godina

Godt Nytår

Gelukkig Nieuwjaar

Kiortame pivdluaritlo

Felican Novan Jaron

Onnellista Uutta Vuotta

Bonne Année

Bliadhna mhath ur

Prosit Neujahr

Kenourios Chronos

Hauoli Makahiki Hou

L'Shannah Tovah

Naye Varsha Ki Shubhkamanyen

Sun Leen Fai Lok

Boldog Ooy Ayvet

Selamat Tahun Baru

Saleh now mobarak

Sanah Jadidah

Bliain nua fe mhaise dhuit

Felice anno nuovo

Farsælt komandi ár

Akima****e Omedetto Gozaimasu

Saehae Bock Mani ba deu sei yo

Newroz Pirozbe

Laimīgo Jauno Gadu!

Laimingu Naujuju Metu

Is Senat Tajba

Nawa Barsha ko Shuvakamana

Godt Nyttår

Nupela yia i go long yu

Saleh now ra tabrik migouyam

Manigong Bagong Taon

Szczesliwego Nowego Roku

Feliz Ano Novo

Nave sal di mubarak

An Nou Fericit

С Новым Годом (S Novim Godom)

Manuia le Tausaga Fou

Sretna nova godina

A stastlivy Novy Rok

Sreèno novo leto

Iyo Sanad Cusub Oo Fiican

Féliz Año Nuevo

Heri Za Mwaka Mpyaº

Gott nytt år!

Warsa Enggal

Eniya Puthandu Nalvazhthukkal

Sawadee Pee Mai

Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun

Новим роком!

Naya Saal Mubbarak Ho

Chuc Mung Tan Nien

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

@TJ13 I made it. For the first time since I started playing I won. I may have been cover Whammed by Jimmy Eat World multiple times but I avoided the wrath of George Michael. Happy New Year everyone. Congratulations to anyone else who made it this far.

I didn't officially sign up. But I did make it through with only a cover WHAM!ing. That is 2 years being whamed and two years not. Hopefully next year will make a hat trick for me.
Happy new year GTP!

Survived it. Easily..

Guess Wham never really got popular over here, it seems.
Honestly, I'd never heard the song until I played this game 4 years ago. Not even one of the covers. The first two years, I heard then all over the place. These last two years i quit listening for them. I accidentally whamed myself last year watching a youtube video. This year though. Nada!

Sorry for the bump but I have to warn all U.K. users not to listen to Virgin Radio from now on. I wasn’t whammed thankfully but my ears were burnt by a Christmas song.

It’s going to be a tough year!

Apparently there’s a George Michael or Wham! movie coming out so that could make a tough time for some members.

Edit:
8CA74707-707B-4E66-B185-1FE956CF48D2.jpeg

Let me be the first this year to say I’m out. It was fun for a while, now George is dead and gone, I’d rather play with something else; another song.

In collab with @Daniel
We'll be doing this.

So everything will be updated shortly.

Would either of you like to run an alternative competition for something that isn’t Last Christmas... like a certain type of Christmas decoration or a phrase?

I got it: Avoid the Elf on a Shelf or something.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, This right here is the REAL threat nowadays:

My idea: You hear it even once, consider yourself "Carey'd"

I hear that song at least 3-5 times more than I hear Last Christmas. I'll really be screwed with MC.:lol:

Back