toe and heel with GTForce Pro?

• Thread starter ssibangse
  • 11 comments
Not necessary because there is no clutch to keep your foot on. I haven't tried it but I would think that the pedals are too soft to make it work very easily. It might be good practice for your real car though? I might just try it. Interesting idea.

Heel and toeing doesn't really affect your times since the game starts controlling rpms and throttle input automatically when you up or downshift, and to me it looks like the game is doing clutchless shifting because it doesn't allow quick shifting, you always have to wait until the revs are matched with the transmission gears :irked:
I'm hoping the next GT will support clutch so you can start doing some real quick shifts and THAT if anything will make your lap times faster :lol:

I heel and toe when driving a real car. However I don't think it makes any difference in GT4 when changing down a gear as it automaticly blips the throttle, but I still do it as it comes naturally.

This raises another question, does left foot braking make any major differences in lap times?

I don't think you'll get any big differences with it but maybe it helps you drive more smoothly some of the faster corners like the last corner of tsukuba? I'm not sure though, correct me if I'm talking bull**** here :lol:

left foot braking will work, just like in real life, it depends on the turn thoug....some turns it's better to use left foot braking...

Yeah I've tried the left-foot breaking deal. It works for some corners, but when you really need to be on the break and quickly switch back and forth is only when you need to use it.

Heel and toeing will actually make it harder, as the car's always 'in gear', so you'll actually be accelerating the car against the brakes. The whole point of heel & toe is to flick the revs up whilst the clutch is in so that they're matched to where they should be for the next gear.

Obviously there is NO USE in doing heel & toe, as vat_man explained.
You may find it fun, but there's no point really, let alone that it makes for faster laps...

Originally posted by Hiroke

This raises another question, does left foot braking make any major differences in lap times?
As for left foot braking, I think that it is usefull sometimes. Especially in FF cars with great amounts of power.

However, you can't use it with the same purpose as the real driving technique is mostly used, since there isn't turbo lag problems.

(By the way, great pic Hiroke!)

Back