Tokyo/Sarthe/Sardegna tunes for "rare" cars

McLaren F1 '94 - Race Hard's - 700pp

This is for a wide-body but it works with the normal body as well. Not even sure the wide-body kit has any noticeable effect after 1.23.
Careful on the throttle coming out of corners, but otherwise stable and fast.

Attachments

• IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1671.jpeg
    IMG_1671.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1672.jpeg
    IMG_1672.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe '54 - Race Hards - Maxed - No Wing

If you're sick of winning at Sarthe and want a challenge, look no further! lol This is a tight race even on easy, where you may not even catch the rabbits until the second lap. Drafting it can only hit about 175mph, but if your pit strategy is sound a win is very doable on easy and will be a tight race on normal. FM2 through the bends/when drafting AI, FM1 as needed for 3 laps. It's a fun cockpit drive, and you don't have to add that hideous wing.

Attachments

• IMG_1698.jpeg
    IMG_1698.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1699.jpeg
    IMG_1699.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1700.jpeg
    IMG_1700.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
McLaren F1 GTR '95 "Short-tail" (Gr.3) - 793PP/Sardegna - Sport Hard

This is a hard one to put out as I've put together 5-6 and they're all pretty much identical. This isn't the one that "feels" the best to me, but after doing well over a hundred laps this is the one that ran laps the quickest. FM3/4 depending on difficulty. Tires are going to be so shredded by 6 laps that it's better to just stop after 6 and 12 for fuel/tires than it is to go for a one-stop. For 13-15 run FM1/2 to get some quick laps in. Could also run mediums (just drop the ECU a few points until it fits) and stop after 5/10, but I've not really seen much difference in lap times.

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1705.jpeg
    IMG_1705.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 45
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 - 600pp - Sport Hards

This is becoming one of my quicker Tokyo cars. Slower during the first 3 laps in the wet but makes up for it as the course dries. Just shy of 200mph on the straight, and handles the twisty section nearly as well as 4WD and cars with high front downforce. I usually run a mix of FM1 to FM3 on every lap, knocking it down to FM3 once I'm above 190mph, and usually running FM2 after the straight. Good for 8 laps this way on easy, barely 7 on normal/hard.

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpeg
    IMG_1708.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 46
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 - 700pp - Race Hards - No Wing

This thing is a beast, but due to the broken physics on cars with no aero braking is touchy. This was done on a wide-body but it works on the other Miura I have that's not widened. Since the Miura's an MR it's drivable/able to be raced with practice unlike the Aston DB3S, D-Type, C1 Corvette racer, Plymouth Ghia, etc which are just broken cars until PD does something about it. If it's FR, really fast, from the 50's and can't have aero added, it's broken. But I digress...
This is more of a "just for fun" tune, expect 4:10 laps at Sarthe at FM6 (needed to make 3 laps) unless you can get used to the braking better than I.

Attachments

• IMG_1714.jpeg
    IMG_1714.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1715.jpeg
    IMG_1715.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1716.jpeg
    IMG_1716.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 32
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 - 700pp - Race Hards - With Wing

Unlike the other 700pp tune this one can can put up laps well under 4:00. It's a lot of power for such a light car, so careful on the throttle, especially at FM1/2. It's only capable of 3 laps at FM6 unlike the stock-ish tune due to all of the permanent engine upgrades.
It's a top-tier road car for Sarthe in lap times once you get the "feel" of it (not that it matters... Still fun to go fast though!)

Note: This is a different car than used for the 600pp and 700pp "no wing" tune. If you only have one Miura keep that in mind before doing the permanent upgrades as this is essentially a maxed tune.

Attachments

• IMG_1719.jpeg
    IMG_1719.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Honda NSX Type R '02/NSX GT500 engine swap - 700pp - Race Hards

This is utilizing the "low/high" ride height "glitch" and since I'm not really a fan of using it, mainly due the chance of it being fixed in further patches, I may replace it with a more "proper" tune at some point.

Car is extremely stable and is quite fast, though its true potential lies in the 750-800pp realm with a turbo. Run it flat-out FM1/2 for 3-4 laps at Sarthe. In my one lap testing it I put up a 3:59.x (almost all tuning has been done at Sardegna... still working on taming it for that race).

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpeg
    IMG_1720.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1721.jpeg
    IMG_1721.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1722.jpeg
    IMG_1722.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 39
Jaguar E-Type Coupe '61 - 660pp/maxed for Sarthe - Race Hards - No Wing

I left enough play in it so that you can have some fun sliding it around while being stable if you're careful with the throttle. If you want it more planted set ride height to 175/175, anti-roll bars to 10/10, and negative camber angle to 3.0/3.0.
FM4 for 3 laps. It's not the quickest but can still hit 180 on the straights and corners pretty well. About a 4:06 on my test lap, so good enough to beat the AI.

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpeg
    IMG_1723.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1724.jpeg
    IMG_1724.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1725.jpeg
    IMG_1725.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 35
Alpine A110 '17 - 690pp/Sarthe - Race Hards

This is pretty much maxed out. The tune was originally for high-rpm turbo but after adding the medium turbo and dropping the downforce a bit it was much more fun and lively. Feels a lot faster than it actually is; AI will be pretty close on hard.

The tune pictured is a mid-point between the really safe original and where I prefer it as someone that likes cars a bit "loose".
Original: High-RPM Turbo. Set downforce to 100/200. More fun: Medium-RPM Turbo. Downforce at 90/180.
All else remains the same. FM4 should get 3 laps if you don't run it to the rev-limiter before shifting.

Attachments

• IMG_1726.jpeg
    IMG_1726.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1727.jpeg
    IMG_1727.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1728.jpeg
    IMG_1728.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 47
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 - 700pp/Sarthe - Race Hards

Not "rare" at all but I'm running out of cars from the LCD that don't already have tunes/tunes for a certain pp/race. Besides, this thing is a series icon and is pretty damned quick to this day. Run it FM6 and liberally short-shift if you want to make 3 laps at Sarthe. Can also lower the ECU a bit and that might help get that 3rd lap in if you're having trouble. Great in the rain & if you get a chance to run it at full fuel sip it can get close to the 4-min lap club. It's just too bad we can't go to weight reduction 4/5...

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpeg
    IMG_1733.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1730.jpeg
    IMG_1730.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 35
Ferrari F50 '95 - 771pp/Sardegna - Race Hards or Mediums

A few patches ago this car dominated at Sardegna, even on hard. With the tire wear increase and change in physics the F50 isn't what it once was, though it was pretty OP if I'm being honest. This isn't a guaranteed win on hard anymore, in fact I just came up 5-sec short of first before posting this. A win can be had on hard difficulty but you're going to have to be quick after the second pit stop. Easy is a 1:15 margin of victory, Normal you'll exchange the lead a a couple times but I can get 15-20sec ahead of second before crossing the finish line.

Strategy: If you're on Normal/Hard do what it takes to get 6 laps before pitting as you want to be able to run sub-1:40's for laps 13-15 to catch the leader. For me that means shifting at 8000-8200rpm, ie stupidly early. If at my skill level you'll be putting up 1:43's for the first 12 laps, though I'm sure there are many that can find 3-5sec that I can't.

Lap 12 Pit: Switch to race medium tires and take on at least 3/4 of a tank as you may have some time to make up by running at FM1-3. 1:38's and better to close the race should easily grab the win on normal, and CAN on hard as I've done it myself even on controller while working on this tune. Wheel is about a second quicker per lap, in my experience. Both Normal and Hard are actually pretty fun in this car, even with the short-shifting for 3/4 of the race.

If its too loose for your liking 7/4 or 8/5 anti-roll bars should work. Also a \/0.15 front toe will help cut back on the side-ward "lunge" when coming off the brakes into a sharp corner, though I personally think that "lunge" helps lower my lap times at Sardegna, just have to get used to it so you know how its going to behave.

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1735.jpeg
    IMG_1735.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1734.jpeg
    IMG_1734.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
hey bro @Pizzicato1985 are you still working on a tune for the rx500? for lemans maybe? because the "pendulum effect"of the rear under heavy braking is ruining my fun in this (imho) fabulous car 😢

hey bro @Pizzicato1985 are you still working on a tune for the rx500? for lemans maybe? because the "pendulum effect"of the rear under heavy braking is ruining my fun in this (imho) fabulous car 😢
Good timing. I'd been focusing on the even more broken 50's/early 60's racers/roadsters (DB3S, D-Type, Corvette C1 Concept, Abarth B.A.T.1, Plymouth Ghia, etc) lately and had concluded that most of them are broken beyond saving without ridiculous setups like a max front height/minimum rear, and even then they aren't a fun drive, they're just stable. But I learned quite a bit about why MR and especially FR cars go into that wild pendulum swing under braking, and had already been re-working the RX500 as a result. It's 95% done and I could probably release it now, but I'm trying to get 1st gear to be usable coming out of corners without it spinning. The braking still has a bit of mild "sway" when braking at high speeds, but it's MUCH better than before. Trying to iron that out as much as possible as well. I'll have one posted when I get home from work later today. Maybe even two: one for high-rpm turbo, one for medium, as the high-rpm is more stable all-around but slower, whereas the medium has the speed but is still a little touchy on corner exit. Either way I'll have something up very soon.

Mazda RX500 '70 - 600pp/Tokyo - Sport Hards

This isn't a top car for this race, but its surprisingly stable in the wet as long as you stay on the line. Maxes around 190mph on the straight but is slower in the the corners given there's no downforce. But this car's secret weapon is its extreme fuel economy and low weight, meaning 9-10 laps (no stop may be possible at FM3) at FM1/2 before pitting to get a comfortable lead means its an easy win.

I posted the heavier/more power version for some reason, and I actually think the lighter/less power version is better.

Lighter: Change ride height to 155/157. ECU to 95, ballast at 79 (0 position to retain 50:50 distro), Power Restrictor to 95.
Everything else is the same as the photos (I'd just add more photos but can't figure out how to add text after them/separate them in any way)

Most of my testing was done at Sarthe so there's probably a better setup for Tokyo. This car is most comfortable with symmetry between front & back which was why the stock tune & conventional tuning methods didn't work. You can stray a little bit to get better turn-in, but for the most part its better to use the toe when needing more/less oversteer.

If I come up with a better tune I'll post it.

Attachments

• IMG_1742.jpeg
    IMG_1742.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1743.jpeg
    IMG_1743.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1744.jpeg
    IMG_1744.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 37
Mazda RX500 '70 - 678pp/maxed for Sarthe - Race Hards or Mediums

I think the braking is 98% settled. I ran 6 laps without flying off the course and the only times I had instability was through the bumpy corners before entering the Mulsanne (Sp?) Straight, so easy on the throttle in that section.

FM1/2 will do 3 laps on any difficulty. If you want an even more planted version just set the ride height/anti-roll bars to the same value (ie 160/160, 165/165 for height, 6/6, 8/8 for anti-roll bars)
It's 4:08-4:05 on a good run unless you're an alien, but its stable and that's a win in my book. Cornering speed being lower is the main thing keeping it from a sub-4min car. Medium and High RPM turbo should both work fine with these settings.

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1740.jpeg
    IMG_1740.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1741.jpeg
    IMG_1741.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 22
Regarding the aforementioned way of making the RX500 more stable this (suspension in pic) is what I was referring to, though I assume it was clear enough. It does make the car more stiff, but this is a tricky one to balance. Add oversteer and the rear end wants to step-out on corner-exit, take it away and you have to rely on toe and down-shifting to avoid taking corners too wide...

It would be nice if PD would fix the physics, but man I feel bad for Praiano if he has to go through all those tunes to update them yet again, so it would be nice if they could address the problem with old, fast cars with no downforce options and leave everything else alone (but I know that won't happen...)

Attachments

• IMG_1745.jpeg
    IMG_1745.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12/R26B-787B engine swap - 775pp+/Sardegna - Race Hards or Mediums

While we're on Mazda's, I've not seen a tune higher than 700pp for this particular engine swap so I tried to get it as settled as possible. Looks like a crossover due to the ride height, lol, but that's what the physics engine finds stable at the moment...

This is with the High-RPM Turbo added, though I turned it down with the ECU/Power Restrictor. It was tested at full power and it can be done with a very light touch. I'd suggest dropping the "Initial Torque" in the LSD settings to 5 if going full power (or if the tires are spinning for you as-is; half-throttle is plenty, especially for the first 3-4 gears)

The brake sensitivity is set to where it will work with the turbo or without it, so if it is too "grabby" raise it to 45 or 50, if you want it to be more aggressive try 35 and work downward from there until you find your preference.

The difference between the turbo with 900+ horsepower and without (600-ish) only made about a 1sec difference in lap times due to all the early braking compared to a race car, so one can easily win the race without using the turbo at all. Tire-wear is the only variable to worry about, so pit strategy is less important with this car than, say, the F50. I won with a 20sec lead on hard, and that was after missing a brake-point and hitting the wall, so its quick, just not as nimble as the RX7/787b swap. 25:55 total time in my test race, and there is plenty of room to improve.

Attachments

• IMG_1746.jpeg
    IMG_1746.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1747.jpeg
    IMG_1747.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1748.jpeg
    IMG_1748.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 32
Mazda RX500 '70 - 678pp/maxed for Sarthe - Race Hards or Mediums

I think the braking is 98% settled. I ran 6 laps without flying off the course and the only times I had instability was through the bumpy corners before entering the Mulsanne (Sp?) Straight, so easy on the throttle in that section.

FM1/2 will do 3 laps on any difficulty. If you want an even more planted version just set the ride height/anti-roll bars to the same value (ie 160/160, 165/165 for height, 6/6, 8/8 for anti-roll bars)
It's 4:08-4:05 on a good run unless you're an alien, but its stable and that's a win in my book. Cornering speed being lower is the main thing keeping it from a sub-4min car. Medium and High RPM turbo should both work fine with these settings.
ladies and gentlemen the rx500 is back! ✊ courtesy of bro @Pizzicato1985 tune. feels very planted now and safe even if i push it to the limits not like the old setting that i was using which became very nervous. i blane pd for ruining it wiith their tire/physics update. anyways,cant wait for your other tunes for the cars with no wings 😉

ladies and gentlemen the rx500 is back! ✊ courtesy of bro @Pizzicato1985 tune. feels very planted now and safe even if i push it to the limits not like the old setting that i was using which became very nervous. i blane pd for ruining it wiith their tire/physics update. anyways,cant wait for your other tunes for the cars with no wings 😉
Really glad its working for you! When you've spent hours working on a certain car there comes a point where one thinks to themselves "Is this really getting better, or am I just getting used to how bad it is?" lol

Got any suggestions that aren't the Aston DB3S/D-Type/Plymouth Ghia/C1 Corvette? Really wish I could get them in shape but they're so bad that even when they are stable enough to stay on the track they do like 4:30 laps at Sarthe, so they're not functional in my book.

I guess I could do something for the Ferrari 250 GTO, though Im not sure it has enough power to win at Sarthe, would be close though. Same with the Mercedes W193 gullwing racer, only its slower than the GTO... IE if you don't already own these cars, don't waste 20mil a piece on them, at least not until (and if) we get content for them. The road variants (which I already have tunes posted for) are far better and a lot cheaper. At this point those two, along with the S Barker and Alfa 8c (old one) are just collector cars.

But yeah, I'm kind of running out of cars that need tunes, at least that I can think of.

Ferrari 250 GTO '62 - 630pp/max for Sarthe - Race Hards/Mediums

This car actually has better speed than I remember, unfortunately it has bad brakes, a running theme of the cars I choose to tune...
I'm not totally settled on this setup as I think it can improve, but its a capable car, at least on Easy, possibly Normal. It's about 5-sec/lap off of the 250 GT, which has better brake options and more power/speed.
FM3/2 combo for 3 laps. Best braking strategy I've found is to brake/downshift to 2nd, let it roll into the chicane/corner, and try to just coast through if possible. Dropping to first to brake makes the rear want to slide out on occasion and it's hard to predict when it will do it, as sometimes you can drop it into first and launch just fine. (IE the physics are broken)

I still think this car is a bad buy, but if you're going to buy one of the 20mil classic racers, this is the one to get.

The 250 GT Berlinetta will be getting an update as well. It was not as stable as I thought (I think most of my testing of these two were done months ago, before 1.23 physics change, so I'm glad I revisited them)

Attachments

• IMG_1749.jpeg
    IMG_1749.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1750.jpeg
    IMG_1750.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1751.jpeg
    IMG_1751.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 43
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta '61 - 681PP - Race Medium
By far the best tune I've come across for this car. The others were manageable, this one was actually fun!

5C807C42-8473-4B09-8255-0AD6B02EB157.jpeg
Alpine A110 '17 - 690pp/Sarthe - Race Hards
5 seconds better then my next best tested tune for this car, you may be on to something here...

E43CE38E-05ED-411C-AFE5-DF48D9ADE615.jpeg

Boy am I glad the GTO is classified as a Racing Car, 20M is an expensive test!

Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto '61 - 683pp/Sarthe - Race Hards/Mediums (updated)

The previous tune was created long ago and while testing the GTO I realized they both had some problems I didn't notice when it was posted. However, I still prefer it in many ways, and since there doesn't seem to be a way to split-up photo's in a single post I couldn't edit it into the original without throwing out the old.

Also made some attempts at 600pp to see if it was a viable Tokyo car, but I couldn't get any better 2:19 laps, so at least with my tuning it's just not quick enough for Tokyo. Great car for Sarthe though. FM3/4 for 3 laps. This one should be a little better at full fuel sip as it was tuned at FM2, though it still doesn't like full wets/rain, and I can't seem to find a good setup that is good in both the wet and the dry...

Attachments

• IMG_1752.jpeg
    IMG_1752.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1753.jpeg
    IMG_1753.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1754.jpeg
    IMG_1754.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 43
By far the best tune I've come across for this car. The others were manageable, this one was actually fun!

5 seconds better then my next best tested tune for this car, you may be on to something here...

Boy am I glad the GTO is classified as a Racing Car, 20M is an expensive test!
Good timing as I was just updating the 250 GT Berlinetta, lol. I like that original tune myself but found there were a few things I'd missed so I wanted to update it. I'm getting a little quicker laps with the latest iteration, but I may just be getting used to the quirks of the car so it's hard to tell if the new tune is actually quicker.

As for the Alpine I can't believe I'd never touched it until last week! Such a great car, even stock, and it really gives the sensation that you're safely at the edge and putting up record times, that is until you cross the finish line, lol. One of PD's best jobs at modeling a car, imo.

Honda S2000 '99 - 686pp/Max for Sarthe - Race Hards

It's a marginal car. Top speed isn't great, lap times are 4:20-ish, but it can beat the AI on Easy/Normal. Just something to use for credit grinding when you want a change of pace. I kept the steering very twitchy so that one can lower the rear camber and up the rear anti-roll bars if they want to pseudo-drift it around corners. One could also increase the front downforce to 110, rear to 180 and it'll corner like a race car. Up to you.

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpeg
    IMG_1762.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1763.jpeg
    IMG_1763.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1764.jpeg
    IMG_1764.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 27
Nissan Fairlady Z432 '69 - 663pp/Sarthe - Race Hards/Medium

I used the bespoke "wing" but any will do. Could probably work without any downforce with some slight tweaks...
Again, kind of a marginal car, maxed-out, but it has a little better top speed than the S2K. FM4 or 5 will get 3 laps.

Attachments

• IMG_1755.jpeg
    IMG_1755.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1757.jpeg
    IMG_1757.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Maserati Merak SS '80 - 682pp/Sarthe - Race Hards/Mediums (No Aero)

"My Maserati does 185. I lost my license, now I don't drive." - Joe Walsh - Micheal Scott

Love this car! Really feels like it has more performance than the numbers let on.
I've left it in a state where it's easy to spin the rear around corners, but if that's not to your liking just drop the rear anti-roll bar to 6 and it'll be easier to put power down during corner-exit. FM4/5 for 3 laps, has good top speed and does well in the bends. I put up a 4:08 for my best of 5 test laps, which isn't bad considering it's deliberately built for fun instead of performance.

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpeg
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1761.jpeg
    IMG_1761.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto '61 - 683pp/Sarthe - Race Hards/Mediums (updated)

The previous tune was created long ago and while testing the GTO I realized they both had some problems I didn't notice when it was posted. However, I still prefer it in many ways, and since there doesn't seem to be a way to split-up photo's in a single post I couldn't edit it into the original without throwing out the old.

Also made some attempts at 600pp to see if it was a viable Tokyo car, but I couldn't get any better 2:19 laps, so at least with my tuning it's just not quick enough for Tokyo. Great car for Sarthe though. FM3/4 for 3 laps. This one should be a little better at full fuel sip as it was tuned at FM2, though it still doesn't like full wets/rain, and I can't seem to find a good setup that is good in both the wet and the dry...

another "pendelum" car has been cured.i still remember this also has rear end grip problems under heavy braking that's why i didnt bother using it at all but now with this tune i have a grin on my face while conquering lemans 700 with the passo corto.

PS

i have a request. could you please take a look at the aston martin DB5? i know there's a couple of tunes for it on this sub but none made me comfortable to use it on lemans.

another "pendelum" car has been cured.i still remember this also has rear end grip problems under heavy braking that's why i didnt bother using it at all but now with this tune i have a grin on my face while conquering lemans 700 with the passo corto.

PS

i have a request. could you please take a look at the aston martin DB5? i know there's a couple of tunes for it on this sub but none made me comfortable to use it on lemans.
Sure, I'd be glad to. I've got a couple of copies but don't even know if I've ever driven it. If it's not too bad it'll be up pretty quick

Porsche 911 Carrera RS 964 '92 - 700pp/max for Sarthe - Race Hards

I was really trying to get this car dialed-in without downforce and it almost feels like a Porsche (something this game fails to capture, especially with the air-cooled 911's) but ultimately the rear-end sliding out was more a consequence of the physics bug, not dropping the throttle mid-turn which is what causes that infamous 930/964/993 spin-out, so downforce had to be brought in. At least with these older Porsche's we have period-correct and model-specific wings, so it's much more acceptable than having to slap a generic GT wing on a sleek piece of 60's art just to keep it on the tarmac.

FM6 for 3 laps. Gearing is set to allow FM1 usage as well, but if you only plan to use FM4-6 you can raise the final gear to 2.875-2.900 for better acceleration. Great, fun car, but due to high fuel consumption its not the quickest. 4:12-15 laps at FM6, 4:02-4:05 at FM1.
Transmission is the custom manual from semi-racing. Wide-car.

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpeg
    IMG_1765.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1766.jpeg
    IMG_1766.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1767.jpeg
    IMG_1767.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 32
I've actually been having fun running the Alfa 155 through Sarthe for the 825K..... lol.... just running the normal tune but with RHs and its sitting about 689 but with careful driving with IMs during the rain, it's a rocket.... I used to run the escudo but that thing was soooo twitchy.. I'm still running Sardenga with the 787B but this was just a change of pace which is nice

Back