Tom's Chaser for drifting..

• Thread starter -DrifteR-
  • 13 comments
Hi!

Its a Chaser good drift car?
I get Chaser long and good drifts.. its a good driter, about 500 hp.
What mind you are this car for drifting?

-DrifteR-
Hi!

Its a Chaser good drift car?
I get Chaser long and good drifts.. its a good driter, about 500 hp.
What mind you are this car for drifting?

kind of a hard question to give a direct answer to.

It certainly has potential to be a good drift car - but it's the settings that will make or break it. This is true for almost any platform you specify in GT4.

I was messing with it quite awhile back and found it to be capable with stock power and minor tweaks to the suspension and LSD.
It's kind of curious though..... the range of adjustment for the front and rear spring rates and ride heights are quite different.

I found this car actually benefitted from stiffening the rear springs a bit (I run 8.0 front&rear now).. But once you get it sorted to your liking it's a blast to drift.

It responds quite a bit to spring/damper tuning, so I'm sure you'll find some setting you like if you mess around.. As for power, I always add the engine mods (somewhere deep in my head a voice tells me that the response will be better) but stock should be more than enough..

Toyota chaser is one best cars to drift with, once u got the setting right the car just glides through the turns.....put if this way if I had to do a kinda drift compatition the chaser would b one of the cars on my list...

Chaser is an awesome car as it is....it does have a little more weight then other cars but that seems to be the reason why it is so stable sideways....longer wheelbase then the lower hp cars...my advice is to drift cars stock an if u really like it then start tuning....

its a good drift car considering its spec..
it has a very long wheel base so very long drift corners and stability is a plus
BUT because of the long wheel base it performs poorly over smaller and tighter corners with less dynamics
Also it drives as if it has an anchor toweing behind it. too much weight...
good and bad
Good.....you can carry momentum through the drift
BAD.......harder to accelerate to speed and slow down
The chaser os one of the best over all drift cars in the game

Chaser's are hard to tune in my opinion. I needed to tune it for about a day to get relatively close settings to what I'm used to. All I know is to make the front spring rate soft so if you get out of a drift and are countersteering, it goes back with out a lot of heavy understeer.

Back