Top Gear Test Track in Gran Turismo 5!

• Thread starter amar212
  • 541 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
Well, this is kinda surprising :D. Everybody will be Stig from now on :).

Top Gear, SCE, PD and BBC has signed a agreement about having 40 episodes of Top Gear on GT:TV in GT5, starting from 2008.

Part of the agreement is licencsing and modelling Top Gear Test Track which will be included in Gran Turismo 5.

This is somehow the definite moment where Gran Turismo becomes one and only benchmark in automotive world, since Best Motoring test track - Tsukuba - is already in. Guess it will rang Kaz even higher in "Most Influential People in Automotive Industry" for next year..

Oh, and TG Test Track is also THE FIRST OFFICIALY CONFIRMED track for GT5. We can start a new thread now :D (sarcasm, of course).

PRESS release in full:

Polyphony Digital and BBC Worldwide to collaborate on best-selling racing game series Gran Turismo®

Top Gear to provide content for download via GT TV™

Tokyo, October 24 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) and Polyphony Digital, Inc., the creators of the best-selling racing franchise, Gran Turismo®, today announced a collaboration with BBC Worldwide that will allow BBC’s Top Gear programme to be downloaded through Gran Turismo TV (GT TV™) on PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™).

GT TV, a dedicated online channel packed with the latest news and content from the motoring world, will launch worldwide on PLAYSTATION®Network in 2008. BBC Worldwide will provide 40 episodes of Top Gear, the award-winning BBC television series about motoring for download.

In addition, the Top Gear Test Track – the track featured each week on the show, where host Jeremy Clarkson and the Top Gear team test the latest cars – will be replicated in Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) on PS3. For the first time in a racing game, players will be able to burn rubber and experience every white knuckle, hairpin turn on the Top Gear Test Track for themselves.

“We at Polyphony are great fans of the world’s best motoring programme, Top Gear, so we’re delighted to be collaborating with BBC Worldwide to deliver Top Gear content via Gran Turismo,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, President, Polyphony Digital, “We’re sure that players will be as thrilled as we are when they get the chance to put their own driving skills to the test on the Top Gear Test Track in GT5, as well as enjoying classic episodes of Top Gear via GT TV.”

Simon Danker, Director, Digital Media, BBC Worldwide commented, “BBC Top Gear is the world’s number one motoring media brand and we’re thrilled to make it accessible to Gran Turismo gamers. We continue to explore different avenues to share our content with an expanding audience, and are delighted to participate with Polyphony Digital in the launch of this exciting new opportunity.”

screenshot262.jpg

It will have to be a time trial only circuit since it's a figure of eight circuit with no over pass. Which i suppose fits in ok with how its used on the show.

Oh, yes! This should be awesome. I would love to see how my times compare to Stigs 'Power lap' times on the board. Now we just need a Liana and Lecetti (or however you spell it :) ).

This is going to be absolutely great, IF, they allow the top gear videos to be viewed world wide.

In the USA, aside from a few episodes which finally began airing on the BBC's cable channel, it is essentially impossible to get this show except on YouTube in bits and pieces and in classic YouTube crappy quality.

In fact, I didn't know the show existed until I ran across it here on gtplanet, and I've been a "car buff" for 30 years or more. Since I discovered the show I've been sharing funny bits of it with everyone I know, and not a single one of them has heard of it! Terrible.

I suppose I can just keep using my "UK" PS3 account, it is the one I use most frequently anyway...

This is going to be absolutely great, IF, they allow the top gear videos to be viewed world wide.

amar212
GT TV, a dedicated online channel packed with the latest news and content from the motoring world, will launch worldwide on PLAYSTATION®Network in 2008. BBC Worldwide will provide 40 episodes of Top Gear, the award-winning BBC television series about motoring for download.

I guess everyone gets to see it.

It'll be an awesome track, but here's really hoping for those realistic physics as I, personally, would rather not see people beating the Stig's times by ludicrous seconds.

Like everyone else has said, this is very cool indeed. I'm glad I bought a PS3 now. I'll be curious to see the relation between real life and the video game, although I do think you'll see a faster time in the virtual world.

Also I hope they have the option to have the track wet or dry.

It'll be an awesome track, but here's really hoping for those realistic physics as I, personally, would rather not see people beating the Stig's times by ludicrous seconds.

yes, i hope GT5s done properly as I was comfortably breaking the production car record lap times on the ring as well.
Seriously great news on Topgear track:tup:👍, it will now be the chosen track for just "COCKING ABOUT" and yelling out "POWER!" ala Clarkson lol.

Gabkicks .......you is funny man! Cough Cough. Luv it

THey've been listening, apparently....
Exactly. This thread made think. If theTG track is in GT5, it'll probably mean that PD or KY himself visits this forum. :)

Jordan, well done. Maybe someday KY wants it invite you to talk to you about this site and the GT series.

:)

Oh my god!!!!!! :eek: :drool: What the 🤬!!! Am i dreaming? Somebody banned my account!!!! :lol:

That is awesome. I would never think PD would pull it off, but they did! Ha! Take that Forza, PGR, EPR, and all the other console games out there (doesn't include PC sims since they can make the track) I already drove the track in Racer and in rFactor and i got to say its great! Now i can drive the Dunsfold track with the awesome GT physics. Now everyone's wishes came true...... :D

By the way, 38 were viewing this thread. It must be one hot topic....

People of GTP. Amar212 deserves a " Quality Posts badge". He always give us so much info about GT. Give him + REP.

Thank you :)

Back