TOP SECRET JPN V12 Supra by Smokey Nagata 56k ownage!

• Thread starter I6-4-eva
  • 21 comments
United States
Nor. California
He's at it again! Smokey just could not wait any longer for toyota to build their next supra/super car so he built his own!

The engine is the 5.0-liter V12 1GZ-FE with twin turbos making 800+ hp. Like wo! I want to hear what it sounds like! Enjoy!

The pro himself accepting Best of Show award at TAS 2007.

Pretty bad ass. Thought it would look more like his own creation had he actually changed the rear to keep the non-car enthusiasts from knowing it was a Supra.

All I see for his own "creation" is the same thing everyone else in Japan has done...except had his own front end.

That is awesome, I love Top Secret.

Although I do wish he would have modified the hood so it wouldn't still follow the shape where the old headlights used to be.

So is that the V12 from the Toyota Century? I thought that was panned as one of the worst V12 engine designs in the world?

I dunno, I guess its cool. I'm glad to see that they still like to throw monster engines inside of cars over in Japan. It would have been cool if they would have built a Super GT Supra for the street (didn't that use a V8 last year?), or hell, lets get crazy and throw a small-block Chevy under the hood...

A rice-rocket with Redneck power? Its an idea so crazy, it just might work!

So is that the V12 from the Toyota Century? I thought that was panned as one of the worst V12 engine designs in the world?

Yeah, one of the rarest Toyota motors out there. I dunno about design, but it certainly hasn't proven itself, with NO aftermerket support. However, I know of at least 2 other personally-funded V12 Supra swaps in progress, I think one in the US, one in Australia.

There are quite a few V8 Supras in the works (personally funded), some which have actually driven. There's currently a guy in FL that's building a TT 2UZ Supra (4.7L from the Tundra), and once it's done, he plans on making it into a kit, but not before putting his own into a custom widebody that's being built under wraps somewhere. There's another guy that made his own widebody (at home!) and is awaiting the build of a 5.4L motor (dunno what it's from) that will also be a TT. The 2JZ is no longer good enough... :)

It won the Best of Show award. Has it won any Best of Race awards yet? I mean, that was the point of stuffing a V12--and I hear a bad one at that--under the hood, right? To make it go fast?

The only company I know of that makes a 5.4L V8 is Ford, so that could be it. Otherwise he could have said the wrong number and meant the 5.7L V8 from the new Tundra...

I personally have never really been a Supra fan, but early models are alright. I nearly bought an old Celica-Supra a year or so ago to replace my VW, but it wasn't in the best of shape, and the owner wanted way too much money for it. That would have been fun with a 350 swap, but I wouldn't have bee interested in screwing up a car that was already pretty decent to begin with.

Ewwww. Why? Why why why?

That's as ugly as sin. A turbo UZ would be cooler for my money. I hear theres a bloke in Auckland building up a twin turbo 1UZFE, 4.0L V8, for track work. Should be more tractable and useful than a monster single 2JZ.

What do you want to bet that depending on how well the new Skyline sells Toyota will most likely re-release the Supra. I would love to see them do it but something tells me that it just wont be the same as the old one. I think that some hard core 240SX and Supra fans will come up with some bad ass monster, can you imagine a 240SX powered by a 5.4L Twin Turbo V12 :embarrassed:

The only company I know of that makes a 5.4L V8 is Ford, so that could be it. Otherwise he could have said the wrong number and meant the 5.7L V8 from the new Tundra...

I personally have never really been a Supra fan, but early models are alright. I nearly bought an old Celica-Supra a year or so ago to replace my VW, but it wasn't in the best of shape, and the owner wanted way too much money for it. That would have been fun with a 350 swap, but I wouldn't have bee interested in screwing up a car that was already pretty decent to begin with.
It's probably just a stroked Toyota motor. The guy said he's aiming for 1500 RWHP with it. :\

The only thing I like in this thread is the girl on the left in this photo:

tas07xw4.jpg

It won the Best of Show award. Has it won any Best of Race awards yet? I mean, that was the point of stuffing a V12--and I hear a bad one at that--under the hood, right? To make it go fast?

Don't mess with him.

Ever heard about the Top Secret GT300 Supra? It's owned by somebody here in Norway.

It's powered by an engine from an MR2 (3S-GTE or something?). Anyway, because Nagata put such a small block in such a big engine bay, the weight balance of the Supra is nearly 50:50. It deliveres an astonishing 710 Bhp and it only weighs 1100 kg over the original 1510 kg (!). It has never been tested on a track before. Nagata only drove that Supra on straights. It has been said this Supra has done 190 mph while still in 4th gear. Here in Norway, the car has never been putted to its maximum. I guess the owner does not want to screw up such a fast car.

What do you want to bet that depending on how well the new Skyline sells Toyota will most likely re-release the Supra. I would love to see them do it but something tells me that it just wont be the same as the old one. I think that some hard core 240SX and Supra fans will come up with some bad ass monster, can you imagine a 240SX powered by a 5.4L Twin Turbo V12 :embarrassed:

Maybe, but I doubt that given Toyota says the Supra is dead and won't be revived, though they are working on another sports coupe.

Don't mess with him.

Ever heard about the Top Secret GT300 Supra? It's owned by somebody here in Norway.

It's powered by an engine from an MR2 (3S-GTE or something?). Anyway, because Nagata put such a small block in such a big engine bay, the weight balance of the Supra is nearly 50:50. It deliveres an astonishing 710 Bhp and it only weighs 1100 kg over the original 1510 kg (!). It has never been tested on a track before. Nagata only drove that Supra on straights. It has been said this Supra has done 190 mph while still in 4th gear. Here in Norway, the car has never been putted to its maximum. I guess the owner does not want to screw up such a fast car.
I'd be a bit scared, myself. That engine is basically 2/3 of a 2JZ. One of the world's best 4 cylinders. I'm not really into Smokey's style of burnouts and top speed, but he does have some great ideas and creativity...even though that Supra is uglified.

Don't mess with him.

top secret gt 300
base:toyota supra (jza80)
engine:3sgte 2.2L
drivetrain:rwd
output:720hp/8500 rpm
jgtc inspired body and tuning
300km/h new zealand high speed run.
great car.👍

Back