torque99's GTP 'Fun' DriveClub Challenge_Hardcore mode#Jawehawk

• Thread starter torque99
  • 158 comments
I'll be giving the next one a go, as for frequency of events, a more relaxed timescale suits me.

Happy to go with the flow though 👍

:gtpflag:Thank you everyone for taking part and the interest for another one! I am getting a little backlog on other games, so maybe the relaxed timescale is the way to go. I will try and pick one every couple weeks or so but make the challenge last 2 weeks so if you miss it you should have at least a week on it etc

Thanks @CSL_GoTp Yes I was thinking a hardcore driving 'Atom' & heavy rain just for you ;) and you do seem to have a special DS4 :bowdown: that makes you a second or two faster on any track so as above shall I just pick a random one every few weeks?👍

p.s I will add @hobbsy & @sems4arsenal as I am not sure you are on my list to send to, I will check but add you if not for the next one.:cheers:

FUN Sprint Challenge2

I have set this for 2 weeks again, it is the lovely sounding and handling car the :-

Mercedes AMG GT S
New Chile track IQUIQUE 03 (rev)
11am light rain x45

I have added @sems4arsenal & @hobbsy and forwarded it on to everyone else, at the moment I have locked it to start as there were lots on there not from GTP and it got a bit confusing who was who, but if you think it needs to be open to everyone to forward on let me know.

This is another tricky one, I had a quick go with a time of 0.27.878 but I know there is at least another few seconds as the corners are sweeping so you can take them at full speed if you catch the first tight corner right, I will try my hardest on this but you guys are just too fast once it gets to the top 100ths of a second..anyway it is all fun! 👍

Again If any newbies want a go or you haven't tried a sprint challenge before just shout out or add me on PSN, and I will forward on to who ever adds me.

Ok good luck again, I will put this on twitter for any members on there, if anyone is on FB/Instrgm (I am not) and wants to spread the word feel free :cheers:

Last edited:
Had a go on it, think 26.3XX will be close to my limit if I spend ages on it but can't be bothered to do that. Seems even more frustrating than other one to get right. Will be interesting to see what aliens on here can do, quite a lot of low traction corners so probably possible to do an incredible time.

@Saidur_Ali Had a go on it, think 26.3XX will be close to my limit if I spend ages on it but can't be bothered to do that. Seems even more frustrating than other one to get right. Will be interesting to see what aliens on here can do, quite a lot of low traction corners so probably possible to do an incredible time.

^^^

I see @CSL_GoTp has had a quick go ;) Well done 👍

@torque99 you son of a...

Nudged me into 8th by 1/1000th of a second!

:lol:A little bit more now ..Fun isn't it :sly: For the newbies to Sprints it takes a fair few goes to creep up the table (unless you are a DC alien) in light rain as the traction isn't the same on each run..I do like these Sprints :cheers:

26.396 had it beat once but lost some traction out of the last corner and was going to hit the wall so I bailed on it. But there is room to improve.
I know what you mean by there being more room to improve. I can see my ghost is ahead of yours until second part of lap so gives me hope that even a .1XX might be possible. Maybe if one gets really lucky with traction, can get below the 26 second mark. Out of interest, did you gold Sebastian Vettel X Challenge with DS3/Sixaxis controller?

I'm not that good using controller normally but Driveclub has really good controls which helps but still struggling to nail the corners but I think that's down to difficulty of the track, car and conditions so probably even with a wheel I would still struggle to get a decent lap together.

Out of interest, did you gold Sebastian Vettel X Challenge with DS3/Sixaxis controller?

Yeah I finished them using the DS3. Suzuka was soul crushing, but satisfying. Monza and Nurb weren't too bad. As for the challenge there is definitely a tenth left in it. Just hard to line up the corners the right way on wet conditions.

Yeah I finished them using the DS3. Suzuka was soul crushing, but satisfying. Monza and Nurb weren't too bad. As for the challenge there is definitely a tenth left in it. Just hard to line up the corners the right way on wet conditions.
I struggled to get Bronze on Suzuka with DS3. If it was one lap, maybe I could have got lucky but two laps seemed insanely hard and I didn't bother much trying. Already had golded with wheel which was so much easier. I don't know how you pad aliens can have so much control and patience with one, even a friend of mine I told him about the challenge and he managed to Gold it which impressed me given he has not played GT much before or competitively.

I find the second corner particularly annoying to get right as you need to get a lot of traction, otherwise will be impossible to beat your time given how strong last part of your lap is.

Well Done all :gtpflag: for trying this Sprint out- Appreciated :cheers:@CSL_GoTp ~ Another Top time :bowdown:, the top 5 guys were all very close. My excuse is I am out of practice with all the photos :sly:
DRIVECLUB™_20170128184414.jpg

So the next one I will leave as Open so it can be forwarded on to all your PSN friends, I think I will probably mix it up as Mr @Jawehawk says and put in a few circuits and P2P.

Would you all prefer a 1 Lap race challenge with other cars and beat the time or just a P2P/circuit TT lap. Also what sort of cars do you all prefer? Hot hatch/ Super /Performance/ Hyper etc ? and Weather Dry or Wet?

I am just trying to get a feel for what everyone would want in the next 'fun' challenge 👍

Well Done all :gtpflag: for trying this Sprint out- Appreciated :cheers:@CSL_GoTp ~ Another Top time :bowdown:, the top 5 guys were all very close. My excuse is I am out of practice with all the photos :sly:
View attachment 623860

So the next one I will leave as Open so it can be forwarded on to all your PSN friends, I think I will probably mix it up as Mr @Jawehawk says and put in a few circuits and P2P.

Would you all prefer a 1 Lap race challenge with other cars and beat the time or just a P2P/circuit TT lap. Also what sort of cars do you all prefer? Hot hatch/ Super /Performance/ Hyper etc ? and Weather Dry or Wet?

I am just trying to get a feel for what everyone would want in the next 'fun' challenge 👍

Cheers @torque99 - happy with just squeezing inside the top 10 :)

I like the idea of a lap TT, any cars will do...

I'll participate in any full lap time trials regardless of car, although I expect to be in the lower end if it's a Hyper. I'll send you a friend request later.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R7EWxd][/URL]
The beautiful Ferrari 488GTB around the new Ashii India track, this is a tricky course with many flying corners and rocks sticking out at the start, then a complete hairpin turn mid track and a flying finish. I had a quick go and got 0.51 but I think there is probably a sub 0.48 soon to be had. This is a lovely sounding car but very tricky to keep all that power down under control on this tight course (I kept it a dry track)..Lets see who can get top spot this time ;)

Good luck and thanks guys for taking part, I have forwarded to all again and anyone who wants to take part just send me a Friend Request psn See below (GTP challenge) in the message so I know you want them forwarded.:cheers:

DRIVECLUB™_20170130200532.jpg

p.s @doblocruiser check your Onyx challenge time :sly::gtpflag:

Back