Tourist Trophy Fansite

• Thread starter Dom.S
  • 21 comments
Hi guys,

Apologies if this comes under the category of advertising or any similar evils, but I thought some of you might want to know I've started an (english :eek: ) TT fansite. There's not a great deal there atm but I will update it as info becomes available, plus mirror any movies etc that *cough* other big games sites force you to wade through 10 pages and a ton of pop-ups just to get at.

Hope it's useful and I'm not treading on any toes by posting the link here. 👍

Cheers,
Dom

Dom.S
Hope it's useful and I'm not treading on any toes by posting the link here. 👍
It's not advertising and (more importantly) it's not another forum, so it's OK by me anyway... you should put a link to the site in your signature 💡

A professional looking TT site- nice work Dom! I see that you’re running IGN’s bike list that contains a number of errors and omissions. There is a post by VV in our bike list thread that contains an accurate list that has been extracted from the official TT site. Might be worth a look.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1950206&postcount=11

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Samuel

Edit: a link to the GTP TT discussions wouldn’t go amiss.:cool:

Wow! This is one very slick website, complete with RSS feeds :). The only problem I see is with the fullsize screenshots which butcher your design :indiff:.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

I know the screenshots 'overflow' a little bit but everything else stays in place so I'm not too concerned with that. I might change it to some kind of pop up version in the future but for now I'm happy with it as it is. :)

I will update the bike list in a little while (best not post on forums and fiddle with my site while at work :lol: ) and give credit. On the plus side even the official site's list is wrong (MV Blutale eh? ;)) at the minute.

Dom.S
On the plus side even the official site's list is wrong (MV Blutale eh? ;))
Wrong? There’s no need for blutality!:lol: Dom, would you care to tell us a little about yourself and your interest in Tourist Trophy?

Sure. I'm a web designer and bike nut, currently riding a black SV650s with a full micron system (the standard setup sounds like a sewing machine, not a v-twin). Always liked the GT series so when I heard about Tourist Trophy it made sense to get a website together, especially since no other ones existed (including the official one at first).

Do we have many bikers on here? :)

(Oh and I'm in sunny England)

Dom.S
Sure. I'm a web designer and bike nut, currently riding a black SV650s with a full micron system (the standard setup sounds like a sewing machine, not a v-twin). Always liked the GT series so when I heard about Tourist Trophy it made sense to get a website together, especially since no other ones existed (including the official one at first).

Thanks for the bio, Dom. Off the top of my head, Christofire rides a Daytona, Flerbizky rides a ZXR and I’ve got a VTR1000. Feel free to post a pic of the SV in the bike wish list!

VTR1000 and a Monster 900 eh? We've got some nice antisocial sounding bikes between us then. ;)

I assume you're somewhere nice and sunny, thunder? Surely you're not getting a gixxer thou in preparation for a British winter? Can't see it being possible to get to the end of your driveway without spinning the rear wheel up if so. :D

How did this thread get a 5 star rating? who voted and how? Did a Moderator do it?

Dom.S
I assume you're somewhere nice and sunny, thunder? Surely you're not getting a gixxer thou in preparation for a British winter? Can't see it being possible to get to the end of your driveway without spinning the rear wheel up if so. :D

Hm well i'm from Germany but down to -5°C its ok to dirve as long as its dry. :ill:

thunder33611
Hm well i'm from Germany but down to -5°C its ok to dirve as long as its dry. :ill:

Yeah it's all down to having the right gear. Some decent waterproofs/winter textiles with enough layers and it's only ice to worry about really. I wish I had the cash to spare so I could buy something a bit more crashable for the winter months though. :lol:

Enjoy the gsxr. :cool:

I technically have a Honda CB350S, but i'm only 15, so no bike for me yet. Still, that's plenty of time to get it running. :roll:
My dad's got an Aprilia Pegaso 650, which is pretty nice. Proper grab rails on the back. :)
He used to have a CBR600...something. It was un-faired, and boy was it fun. S-reg, in silver. I loved that bike. Unfortunatley an apparently blind range rover driver pulled out infront of him on a wet roundabout in Norfolk, and he low-sided it trying to turn off. Dad got off pretty lightly, just a nasty cut on his right arm and some bruising, but the bike was written off. :nervous:

Dom.S

LOL. Sunny England eh? And I'm in sunny Seattle. :)
No bike atm, crashed it hard a few years ago and been a cager ever since.

Back